Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No 'zzZZ' while sleeping (Global Mod) - UPD 02mar2008

by Numenor Posted 8th Apr 2007 at 12:23 AM - Updated 10th May 2009 at 4:32 PM by Numenor : Tested with Apartment Life and Mansion&Garden

117 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 108 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 5
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 21st Mar 2008 at 2:25 AM
Ah-- I found the culprit that wasn't allowing my Sims to eat in Freetime. I updated ALL of my hacks except for the "no stars, no zzzs" because I thought the code for such things COULDN'T have changed and was punished for it
That teaches us all a lesson, children!

Necromancy is Good
Test Subject
#77 Old 3rd Apr 2008 at 6:58 AM
Thanx a bunch for the update! :D
Test Subject
#78 Old 7th Apr 2008 at 3:48 PM
Thanks for the update, I basically was going nuts trying to figure out which one of my mods was giving me the reset error on activities. I took out all my custom content, then loaded one mod at a time, trying the game after each one, and it was this one. I really like this mod so much, and I was in hopes you made an update, which you did. Great job!!!
Test Subject
#79 Old 17th Apr 2008 at 7:33 PM
This is an essential mod for storytellers. Thank you so much for updating this!
Scholar
#80 Old 28th May 2008 at 3:20 AM
thank you for updating this!! hate those zzzz's...
Test Subject
#81 Old 1st Jun 2008 at 10:18 PM
why did it do the oppisite for me?! Now all my toddlers are running around with "ZZZs" when they are awake!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#82 Old 2nd Jun 2008 at 11:22 AM
All the "Remove effect" mods may have odd results when installed while the unwanted effect is being played.
I mean, if you install the "No zzZZ" mod while a toddler is sleeping, you might have a result like the one you describe. This should happen only to the toddlers that were sleeping when you first installed the mod, not all the toddlers.

First solution: send your toddler to sleep and then wake him up; this should remove the "zzZZ" effect".
If this doesn't work, the second solution is to temporarily uninstall the "No zzZZ" mod, start the game, send all the toddlers showing the problem to sleep and wake them up, and then reinstall the mod.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Scholar
#83 Old 22nd Jun 2008 at 12:40 PM
brilliant thank you

Please note - I'm not taking any requests at the moment.

You may include my items in your uploads but please credit with a link to either the object or my creator page please.

My Sims 2 videos
Test Subject
#84 Old 5th Jul 2008 at 7:17 PM
THANKS, rly great for storys/movies.
Field Researcher
#85 Old 16th Jul 2008 at 10:50 PM
Thank you very much.

Come to the dark side. We have cookies.
Test Subject
#86 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 6:16 PM
THANK YOU! YOu have no clue how long I've been searching for something like this!

As a movie-maker, you just made my life =D
Lab Assistant
#87 Old 16th Aug 2008 at 8:53 AM
THANKS! :lovestruc :lovestruc
wow this mod is great in movie making.
its a great birthday gift for me Numenor. (yesterday was my birthday, august 15 )
thanks again! ive been waiting this mod for many months.
perfect

online once again!
(haven't opened this account for years..)

Friendster profile :)

Facebook proffii:D
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 5:11 AM
Umm..does anyone know if this is compatiable with AL?
Test Subject
#89 Old 5th Sep 2008 at 7:53 PM
Don't know, and am not sure I want to risk trying. Hopefully though an AL update can be done. The I absolutely love the 'No Visual Effects' collection. Hope your vacation is/was awesome Numenor!
Inventor
#90 Old 10th Sep 2008 at 5:02 PM
Great work! Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#91 Old 13th Sep 2008 at 8:51 AM
Yay! Useful For Moviemaking! Thanks Numenor!!!!!!!!!

online once again!
(haven't opened this account for years..)

Friendster profile :)

Facebook proffii:D
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#92 Old 14th Sep 2008 at 3:34 PM
The HackDiff tool states that this mod is "clean", meaning that nothing changed in the game code that may prevend a correct functioning of the mod. This means also that trying this mod in a AL game isn't likely to break anything in your game.
However, I still couldn't find the time to check all my hacks in Apartment Life, so I can't give a 100% assurance that the mod works properly.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
#93 Old 8th Nov 2008 at 4:17 AM
Thank you for the update,
Test Subject
#94 Old 12th Dec 2008 at 1:17 PM
Thank you, it's great, I love this hack but since installing the Mansion and Garden pack it seems to cause my game to crash when in downtown lots, when the hack is removed the game runs fine.
Test Subject
#95 Old 18th Dec 2008 at 4:33 PM
very cool!! thanks!!
Lab Assistant
#96 Old 16th Feb 2009 at 4:13 AM Last edited by UtopiaGlam : 22nd Feb 2009 at 4:12 AM.
Awwwww! Thank you so much for correcting the bug, I was desperate when I found out that the conflict was caused by this mod.

<3<3<3

ONLY LOVE IS REVOLUTIONARY
Test Subject
#97 Old 9th Mar 2009 at 10:25 PM
mariah posted: 'why did it do the oppisite for me?! Now all my toddlers are running around with "ZZZs" when they are awake! '

LOL! I straight away could envisage creche loads of toddlers zizzing their way aroung your game mariah!

i really just wanted to say thank you for this very useful mod numenor, and to just give you an extra pie slice i did credit you in my last movie and i will in my next, as i know there will always be something ticking away in the background that you created, nice one, (-:
Test Subject
#98 Old 30th Apr 2009 at 11:37 PM
Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!!! :3
Test Subject
#99 Old 30th Apr 2009 at 11:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Twilight-Rose
THANK YOU! YOu have no clue how long I've been searching for something like this!

As a movie-maker, you just made my life =D

INDEED

blahh,vampires rule. o,..,o
x]
Test Subject
#100 Old 8th May 2009 at 10:51 PM
So, does this not work with Apartment Life?
Page 4 of 5