Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

basement garage... in another direction!!!

by siudada Posted 12th Oct 2005 at 5:39 AM

29 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 27 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 12th Oct 2005 at 8:16 PM
this house is so kool. im getting nightlife in a few days i think so i was wondering how you managed to have the driveway and garage like that. whats your secret?
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 12th Oct 2005 at 9:21 PM
Great house, I love it!
Forum Resident
#4 Old 12th Oct 2005 at 10:39 PM
Wow, and here I thought I had downloaded too many houses as it is, this is definitely a "Must Have"!! Great job, I really love the design and the look of it.
Test Subject
#5 Old 12th Oct 2005 at 11:10 PM
Huh?? .. I didn't knew you could place the garage door like that? .. did you use the cheats or something? .. and what does the animation look like when you're parking your car or driving out of your garage?

sorry for being anxious .. :p
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 13th Oct 2005 at 1:53 AM
Your house is really beautiful, I like the way you designed the interior and exterior of the house. Can you upload a furnished version of it with the custom content included? if its not 2 much to ask, pretty please. :valentine

H a p P y S i m M i N g!
Instructor
#7 Old 13th Oct 2005 at 1:54 AM
Nice work... I'm also curious to know how you got the garage door like that... and does it really work???
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 13th Oct 2005 at 1:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AERhodesJr
Nice work... I'm also curious to know how you got the garage door like that... and does it really work???

Yeah It works, I d/l'ed a house here (house de Lyx) somthing like that, it has the same garage build (also on the right side and @ the basement) and it works fine and really cool :nod:

H a p P y S i m M i N g!
Inventor
#9 Old 13th Oct 2005 at 4:04 AM
Extremely nice! Is there a tutorial somewhere to help me build a house with the downward sloping driveway? I keep seeing houses with driveways that way but I don't know how it's done.

The Simmer formerly known as Greenlea
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 13th Oct 2005 at 4:33 AM
Default tutorial here
my tutorial of building garage - "garage fun":

http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/sto...sset_type=story

daphnie...

p.s some people in mikeinside said they can't make the garage in another direction, the thing is sometimes it turned to the left, sometimes to the right. so far... i tried so many times and it worked... let me find out what's the real trick behind.... then i will update the tutorial
Field Researcher
#11 Old 13th Oct 2005 at 4:34 AM
I'm curious about that issue, also. My game won't even let me place a driveway over at or near the extreme right of a lot, never mind a sideways garage door. What's the secret?

Like a flea circus at a dog show!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 13th Oct 2005 at 7:36 AM
Thank you for posting the tutorial. i know this is off topic, but was wondering if there is an area to post new tutorials. .. Anyway, THANKS again for this kick a$$ house. downloading now

"The way to be safe is never to be secure." -Benjamin Franklin
Field Researcher
#13 Old 13th Oct 2005 at 8:43 AM
I haven't any idea placing a garage like this was even possible! Anyway, this is an amazing house as a whole, thank you!
#14 Old 13th Oct 2005 at 8:59 AM
Oh thanks. I;ll d/l asap
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 13th Oct 2005 at 2:45 PM
Nice one, siudada! I like the ultra modern look and kinky roof. Hopefully, you playtested the house a bit as lately some cool houses have not "worked". Thanks for sharing!

"The Fantastic Level and the Realistic Level are the two levels upon which we live."

The Night of the Iguana (1964)
Inventor
#16 Old 13th Oct 2005 at 2:56 PM Last edited by Greenlea : 13th Oct 2005 at 3:13 PM.
Thank you for the tutorial I appreciate it greatly

*edit* Well it's a very nice tutorial but it still doesn't tell me what I originally wanted to know. I want to make a house with a downward sloping driveway. I assume it uses the boolprop constrainfloorelevation cheat but I'd rather have a step by step process to follow so I don't fudge anything up

Test Subject
#17 Old 13th Oct 2005 at 3:46 PM
o,i see~~~~delete the first floor,the garage can turning
Test Subject
#18 Old 13th Oct 2005 at 4:35 PM
Loving the house. Very modern and clean in design, no wasted space. The glass study/conservatory is a VERY nice touch.
Inventor
#19 Old 13th Oct 2005 at 7:52 PM
Ok I found a tutorial for the sloping driveway so disregard my post above

Test Subject
#20 Old 13th Oct 2005 at 10:15 PM
that house is really nice and i LOVE the way that you made it!
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 14th Oct 2005 at 1:16 AM
WooT!!! :blow: A must have!

Rock On! :guitar:

"Eyes are the windows to the soul... but zippers are the windows to your underwear."

Dance to the music in your head, and you'll never miss a beat!
Test Subject
#22 Old 14th Oct 2005 at 1:30 AM
where do you find the piano on the 2th picture ?
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 14th Oct 2005 at 8:06 PM Last edited by Sotalia : 14th Oct 2005 at 8:43 PM. Reason: editing an oopsie
:: p.s some people in mikeinside said they can't make the garage in another direction, the thing is sometimes it turned to the left, sometimes to the right. so far... i tried so many times and it worked... let me find out what's the real trick behind.... then i will update the tutorial::

Daphnie,

I figured out the whole secret of the driveway placement and how you can get it going in whatever direction you want (even backwards)! I will PM you, daphnie, first and explain all later (after work-darn rl, gets in the way of sims).

Sotalia
Test Subject
#24 Old 15th Oct 2005 at 9:11 PM
Great concept. Thanks.
Scholar
#25 Old 16th Oct 2005 at 3:23 AM
Anyone know how to place the driveway sideways yet??
Page 1 of 2