Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sims 2 Mod and GUID Checker Tool v1.3 <- unsupported

by dizzy2 Posted 29th Sep 2005 at 12:24 PM - Updated 24th Dec 2006 at 6:56 PM by dizzy2 : Obsolete

38 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 37 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2 Old 29th Sep 2005 at 12:47 PM
Lol - what filetype is a 4D453634?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Instructor
#3 Old 29th Sep 2005 at 1:54 PM
hey! very nice! :D
i will give it a try!

thanks for sharing, dizzy!
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#4 Old 29th Sep 2005 at 7:17 PM
dizzy2, do you think this would be handy tool for those who have discovered that Maxis objects have done missing in the build/buy mode catalog because a download overrode it?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Sep 2005 at 11:59 PM
I don't know if this will help with regard to missing objects (never seen that happen before). This should definitely help with regard to things that could conflict, though.
Test Subject
#6 Old 30th Sep 2005 at 12:55 PM
um...everytime I try to download this zip file I get an open browser, which is this page? Is this just one of those Delphy or Mich is updating the site-try again later?
Kay
Test Subject
#7 Old 16th Oct 2005 at 11:42 PM
What is with the "d2check.cpp" - in which folder do I have to copy this?
Test Subject
#8 Old 20th Oct 2005 at 11:15 AM
Thank You VERY MUCH! I have been hoping for a program that can find duplicate GUIDs in my dlds. Hope this is it. Thanks!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 21st Oct 2005 at 7:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simsonaut
What is with the "d2check.cpp" - in which folder do I have to copy this?
The cpp is just the source. You can ignore that if you want.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 10th Nov 2005 at 3:53 PM
With objects conflicting with Maxis objects - you can use the apps.log in the log folder.

All the conflicting guid's are listed there if you do a find on "TSObjectFolder". It includes all the custom objects regardless of what folder they are in.

Kiri

Simthing for everyone

"No Boom Today. Boom Tomorrow. Always Boom Tomorrow" - Ivanova (B5)
Having trouble with the Graphics card and Sims2? Feel free to pm me here, or in this forum at Leefish Sims 2 Graphic Cards
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 10th Nov 2005 at 6:17 PM
What are you talkin' about, Kiri? There's no such thing.
Test Subject
#12 Old 1st Dec 2005 at 4:31 PM
Hey I use this and thank you works well.
For you confused pp; ot checks for conflicts in all your downloads and reports them. This in turn lets you know what files conflict with other files. This lets you deside what file you want to remove(delete) from your downloads folder..

and to add this gets put in the downloads folder....
Test Subject
#13 Old 28th Dec 2005 at 3:58 AM
Thanx for this download it helped greatly.
Test Subject
#14 Old 11th Jan 2006 at 7:04 PM
Does it work with the subfolders inside of the download folder?

This will help me greatly, I'm always breaking something in the name of progress.
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#15 Old 11th Jan 2006 at 7:47 PM
Probably.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 15th Mar 2006 at 1:42 AM
Here is a message I posted over at MATY when I was using this tool. I thought I might mention it here as a warning to any other users.

Quote: Originally posted by Me
I thought I should mention something interesting in that, when I tried to use dizzy's GUID hack conlfict checking tool, it initially did NOT report any conflict, which obviously is erroneous information. ??? At first, I couldn't figure out why this was so, since it still appears to work with everything else.

Then I noticed that Squinge's hack is named 'OFBHireYA .package' If you look carefully, there is a space between the file name and file extension separator. I renamed the hack to 'OFBHireYA.package' and only then did dizzy's tool properly report the conflict. I guess it just doesn't expect spaces between the file name and the file extension separator. So... if anyone is using that tool to look for conflicts, you should make sure to check how your hacks are named, otherwise it might not catch everything.

Ste

Also... as a reply to a poster's question above, it works in sub-folders in the sense that, if you copy the executable file to any folder, it will check for conflicts between all those hacks WITHIN the SAME folder. I do NOT think it will check for conflicts throughout ALL subfolders in your main Downloads folder.

As I understand it, the tool ONLY checks for conflicts between any .package files that MUST ALL BE IN THE SAME FOLDER. That's why, in order to check for GUID with Maxis code, dizzy explains that you have to copy the object.package to the SAME FOLDER as the hacks that you want to check. If you do this, I recommend running the check somewhere OUTSIDE your Downloads folder i.e. you should make some test or checking folder, with the hacks you want to check, maybe on your Desktop or somewhere else innocuous, and run your checks there. Anything you consider safe, you can keep/copy into your actual Downloads folder.

It would be a bad idea to have a copy of the objects.package in the Downloads folder or ANY subfolders within that directory tree. This will most likley cause conflicts, pretty much rendering most if not all of your hacks ineffective.

This is a great tool for checking hack compatibility if you know how to use it properly.

Ste
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#17 Old 15th Mar 2006 at 3:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by syberspunk
It would be a bad idea to have a copy of the objects.package in the Downloads folder or ANY subfolders within that directory tree. This will most likley cause conflicts, pretty much rendering most if not all of your hacks ineffective.
Unless you renamed it to load first. The downloads folder cascades internally and any resources found in there aren't loaded from the program folders.

Please don't PM me with questions. Post them in the appropriate thread.
Test Subject
#18 Old 28th Mar 2006 at 9:46 PM
"To send the output of this program to a file, specify the output file in the command. To do this from a command shell, for example, type:

d2Check output.txt

The above will produce the output of this program into a file called "output.txt" (which you can examine later with any text editor)."

I don't really understand how this works. When I open the program it does show a list of files that are corrupt but how do I get the textfile exactly? (I cant type into the window that shows the corrupt files. I just starts immediately without me being able to change anything until it says 'press any key to continue' and then the window just disappears.
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#19 Old 28th Mar 2006 at 9:56 PM
Open up notepad and type "d2Check output.txt" into it. Save it with the .bat extention in the same folder as the program. Open the bat file.

Test Subject
#20 Old 18th Apr 2006 at 10:45 AM
Version 1.3a

Bug fixed: Files with spaces in name were not checked.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  d2Check13a.zip (36.8 KB, 286 downloads)
Test Subject
#21 Old 16th May 2006 at 10:43 PM
Will it tell me what globel download does what, because i downloaded somthing and now it won't let me put windows in a building wall, it keeps on saying "must be in center of tile", so i deleted all me downloads and put the game back on but it still won't let me put windows in. Any help will be appreciated.
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#22 Old 16th May 2006 at 10:55 PM
donna40, open this file: My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Config\userStartup.cheat. Remove the line that says "boolProp lockTiles false".

Theorist
#23 Old 17th Jun 2006 at 7:43 PM
Default Useful for Quick GUID Checks, Not for Subfolder Content
I think the d2Check GUID scanner would be very useful for doing quick checks on GUIDs while developing one's own objects, since it is very small, light and fast.

Unfortunately however, without the ability to recursively check subfolders, I do not find the program practical in my case. I have over 3600 files in my download tree, and trying to copy all these files into one temporary directory so that I could use d2Check would be a monumental task.

For GUID checking on a large number of downloaded contect organized in subfolders, I would recommend SimPE. From the SimPE Tools menu, select "Scan Folders". The program will default to the Download directory. In the Scanner Settings tab, ensure that "GUID Scanner" is selected, and also select "Recursive", then press the Scan button. In the fullness of time SimPE will check all Download content, with respect to both itself and the Maxis files. The result may be sorted for duplicate IDs by clicking at the top of the "Duplicate GUID" column. Note that duplicates with Maxis objects are very often intentional.

Cheers - David
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#24 Old 19th Jun 2006 at 4:20 AM
Also, the results of all SimPE scans can be saved for future reference.

Lab Assistant
#25 Old 3rd Jul 2006 at 3:25 AM
Sophie-David -- you mention that duplicates with Maxis objects are sometimes intentional. I wondered about that, but knowing little about modding I didn't know for sure.

So how do I know if I should remove duplicate GUIDs?
Page 1 of 2