Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Maxis "Lost & Found" #10: Vincent's Sim Modder *UPD 22-SEPT*

by Numenor Posted 21st Sep 2005 at 12:36 AM - Updated 4th Nov 2005 at 8:08 AM by Numenor : Object now available in community lots

174 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 163 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 7
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 21st Sep 2005 at 1:20 AM
This looks very cool...
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 21st Sep 2005 at 1:25 AM
Useful for those who oftenly confused which side of InSimerator do what... erm... me...
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 21st Sep 2005 at 4:09 AM
downloading now. Thanks numener lol don't think I spelled that right. Anyway will give it a shot. Wonder if it works with uni and nl since I have both. Should since maxis put it in there. Good job finding it.

Love yourself for who you are
Test Subject
#5 Old 21st Sep 2005 at 4:49 AM
You can also enable the testing cheats and spawn this by shift+clicking on a sim.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 21st Sep 2005 at 4:49 AM
Great find numenor

Now known as CMW15
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 21st Sep 2005 at 6:54 AM
emino - Yes, but these are only a small fraction of the inSIMinator functions

laninseannsmomi - Your name, too, isn't that simple, so I've copied and pasted it!
"Nightlife only" means that you must have at least the NL in order for this object to work: therefore, if you have both EPs, the object will work fine. I warned users against trying this object with the UNI only (i.e. without the NL).

radiophonic - Yes, that's true. Some people don't like fiddling with the testing cheats, though (personally, I have the testing cheat in my startup.cheats...).

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 21st Sep 2005 at 8:46 AM
Thank you so much!!!! My sim´s life will be better now
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 21st Sep 2005 at 10:31 AM
Isn´t it the same from here ? http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=90750
Or does it different things ?

Supertramp - the real one, because my default LogIn doesn´t work and no one fixed that !
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 21st Sep 2005 at 12:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sup@tramp
Isn´t it the same from here ? http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=90750
Or does it different things ?

Ooops! You're right! I didn't spot Winter's post, because it was in the "testing" section (I thought to put it here, in the "Finished" section, since it's a Maxis creation, to be used as-is...).

Anyway, first of all let me credit Wintermuteai1 for being the first to discover this cheat object.

That said, I've examined Winter's package and I've found that it contains a lot of files (BHAVs, BCONs, Catalog description, Pie Menu...).
I don't know why he imported all these files into the package and if he has modified them in any way.

My package only contains a Object Data file: I've only modified the catalog placement, in order for the object to appear in the catalog.

Therefore, until further notice, the difference between my package and Wintermuteai1's one is that mine is much "lighter" that his, because my package only contains an OBJD file. This ensures that my object is exactly like Maxes designed it, without any modification.
This is the only reason why I haven't yet removed my package (like I should do ).

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Instructor
#11 Old 21st Sep 2005 at 12:35 PM
This is the same object that can be spawned using the debugging cheats, correct?
Field Researcher
#12 Old 21st Sep 2005 at 12:52 PM
I can't wait to try this out. I never heard of the grilled cheese aspiration.

This a little off topic but I am still using your fix for the tulip lamps because maxi never did fix it and I am assuming it is still safe to use in NL, what do you think. should I still use it. thanks
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 21st Sep 2005 at 1:50 PM
That's right. Neither the expensive bed frame was fixed...

Lab Assistant
#14 Old 21st Sep 2005 at 11:41 PM
Very cool..thanks to you and winter for finding this!
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 22nd Sep 2005 at 12:45 AM
Numenor, i hope i didn´t annoying you! I only wanna know there a difference. I think your DL is a better choice because the filesize is very smaler. So my DL-folder has only 1,432.345 GB and not 1,432.888 GB :clap:

Supertramp - the real one, because my default LogIn doesn´t work and no one fixed that !
Field Researcher
#16 Old 22nd Sep 2005 at 10:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
:Credits: Maxis (for the object); me (for having found it and brought to you! )

Still hard at work I see, lol
Test Subject
#17 Old 22nd Sep 2005 at 5:03 PM
Does any one know how to make this item available on community lots?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#18 Old 22nd Sep 2005 at 11:21 PM
Good idea!

A new version of the object has been posted on the front page: now the object is available in both residential and community lots.

Lab Assistant
#19 Old 22nd Sep 2005 at 11:28 PM
There is a boolprop cheat for relationship scores, isn't there? Could someone please tell me what that is? Also, someone mentioned a cheat that allowed you to simply drag any of your bars up or down. Would that work the same way as this doll?
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#20 Old 22nd Sep 2005 at 11:30 PM
The cheat code can do these actions however, running the game with the cheat enabled has somehow been harmful to some peoples games. Whent he cheat code is extracted in an object is has a different and safer effect.

For all of my creations and more free downloads please visit Exnem Sims
Grand Re-Opening NOW!!!
Come join our Banner Contest Today!!
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 22nd Sep 2005 at 11:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
That's right. Neither the expensive bed frame was fixed...

What is wrong with them? I don't really use the tulip lamp, but I have never had problems with the beds.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 23rd Sep 2005 at 12:02 AM
Brilliant! Just what I needed for story making! You're a gem! Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou (thanks to Winter too!).
Works perfectly, couldn't be happier and don't know how I'd cope without it now! *hehehe*
-Rav
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#23 Old 23rd Sep 2005 at 12:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Silentthunder19
What is wrong with them? I don't really use the tulip lamp, but I have never had problems with the beds.

Probably you have a fairly good processor and graphic card. But on low-specs computers, or whenever the graphic options are set to minimum (try yourself), the expensive double bed "loses" the colour options for the frame, and you'll see only one frame instead of four.

You may find interesting the original thread for the Bed+Lamp fix:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=57977

Lab Assistant
#24 Old 23rd Sep 2005 at 3:52 AM
Oooh. Hidden object. <3
I think the only things this does that I don't know how to do easily yet is the life stage and the vampirism thing (huzzah for TestingCheatsEnabled), so I'll pick it up for that... and I'm horribly curious about this grilled cheese aspiration. XD
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#25 Old 23rd Sep 2005 at 7:22 AM
The grilled chees aspiration, in normal game, is the backfire effect of the "ReNuYuSenso" aspiration reward. I find it very funny (and very easy to satisfy)!

Page 1 of 7