Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Objects for Stories

by DJ_Mur3 Posted 19th Jul 2005 at 8:53 AM - Updated 16th Dec 2008 at 1:18 PM by -Maylin-

38 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 31 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
#2 Old 19th Jul 2005 at 8:59 AM
Good idea! I'm not a storymaker myself but I know these will definitely be handy for quite a few people
Thankums.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#3 Old 19th Jul 2005 at 9:22 AM
You lose points as a photographer for those flower vases hanging out of the guy's backside! :P
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 19th Jul 2005 at 10:25 AM
This is a dumb question... but I've poked around and I can't seem to find the stories forum. Where do I post stories if I have any, please?
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#5 Old 19th Jul 2005 at 10:28 AM
I expect it's been moved to the "sister" site, which is geared up more for lighter and social topics. The management are trying to keep this site for serious modding matters.
Test Subject
#6 Old 19th Jul 2005 at 11:02 AM
Im not a story maker but a film maker these items should help me thanx!
Test Subject
#7 Old 19th Jul 2005 at 11:54 AM
I write stories also, but this seems like a little more trouble than they're worth. I think I'll wait for someone or you to make it better and easier to have them in my game. I mean I don't like using the boolprop cheat, so I don't and having to put it on to get rid of or move the knives seems to be too much trouble.
Are there any issues with the items not being seen or being able to be used since you extracted them? I wouldn't want to not be able to get engaged or have my sims make a sandwhich without a knife. :D

Tiffany~

http://www.freewebs.com/tiffyt11206/
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 19th Jul 2005 at 2:22 PM
Swwwweeeettt
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 19th Jul 2005 at 2:43 PM Last edited by sadielo9 : 19th Jul 2005 at 2:44 PM. Reason: Said wrong gender
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
You lose points as a photographer for those flower vases hanging out of the guy's backside! :P
That's rude! He did an excellent job!

BoyCott TSR!
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 19th Jul 2005 at 3:05 PM Last edited by DJ_Mur3 : 19th Jul 2005 at 4:17 PM.
lol Thanks everyone.

tiffyt11206- i updated it so you don't have to use boolprop, for two out of the three..(all but the big knife) I don't think it replaces in-game objects. I only went into to get pictures. So I didn't really test taht.

Does anyone know where the textures for the cutting knife are, because I can't make a new one without them?

Inge Jones- lol yeah I know I wasn't really think about the flowers when I took the picture. Everything was just behind the guy. They are my object testing family so every object I made...and of course most I didn't make..are there too.

lol I think i posted this in the wrong forum..I think it should've probably been in the whole Maxis object section..

And if anyone has any requests for objects like this, send me a message and I'll do the best I can.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 19th Jul 2005 at 7:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones

LMAO.

These objects are awesome... I'd just keep them around for decoration if anything. Is the butcher's knife CEP enabled? I would like to see a red-stained one for my horror houses. ;P
Instructor
Original Poster
#12 Old 20th Jul 2005 at 2:27 AM
I'm pretty new at this so, I'm not really sure, well, I have no clue what that means..lol If it means recoloring..then I'm not sure. lol
Instructor
#13 Old 22nd Jul 2005 at 7:58 PM
I'm a storyteller too! Could you do something like a letter or a scroll that a sim could hold? One sealed and one open. I don't know if it's possible but I figured I'll ask anyway.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 27th Jul 2005 at 2:56 PM
There great but I'm a little worried. The knife is THROUGH the mans hand, and theres no blood... *Confuzzled*
Instructor
Original Poster
#15 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 11:23 PM
lol working on that..i might actually have to make a new outfit that has blood on the hand so that it would actually work for stories...
Test Subject
#16 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 1:14 PM
Thanks
Thank you very much i needed that
Field Researcher
#17 Old 12th Aug 2005 at 9:24 PM
Very cool Items... Im both a film maker and storie maker... These are what i've been searching for!!!
Test Subject
#18 Old 16th Aug 2005 at 2:35 PM
what is the black thing,and i make storys all the time! if you want to read them go to www.sims2.com and then go to exchange and look up Mmmyzgrl5
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 23rd Aug 2005 at 7:59 PM
I make movies and your knife object was just perfect for my latest "Wires" which you can watch on www.decorgal.com. I had both a scene with the knife on the counter and with a girl holding it but I had to put it on pause and film because the knife would keep disappearing after a couple seconds of my putting it in her hand.

Anyway, thank you!

For movies, fashions, recolors and hack, visit http://decorgal.com
Test Subject
#20 Old 25th Aug 2005 at 4:53 AM
import
Hi :howdy:
well i wont to know how you can out objects like that into the sims 2 i kno its in the sim PE but i try to put it in the sims 2 but i dont kno how i guess PLZ HELP!!
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 13th Sep 2005 at 11:55 PM
Thanks so much, I am a storywriter,and from what people say in my guestbook I'm pretty darn good. You should check it out. www.thesims2.com and search melgarv12 a little later Oct./Nov. you should see a new story with these objects in them.
Thanks again!!!

(()) www.sim2central.moonfruit.com
//\\ Where Sims Are Sims!!
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 2nd Oct 2005 at 7:13 PM
Yay now I can have a story that has death by butterknife! Woot!

Dance little star! Dance!
Check out my uber cool site!!! http://xentariorpg.bravehost.com/
Not a sims 2 site ;)
Test Subject
#23 Old 19th Oct 2005 at 8:40 PM
Beautiful! I've been working on just the story for the knives. *Evil smirk*

Dr. Lilian Thurman: "The search for God is absurd?"
Donnie:"It is if everyone dies alone."

Karen Pommeroy:"I don't think that you have a clue what it's like to communicate with these kids. We are losing them to apathy... to this prescribed nonsense. They are slipping away."
-Donnie Darko-
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 4th Dec 2005 at 4:40 AM
THANK YOU!!! *tackle hugs* This goes REALLY good with my story

~*Did you know, that Kiwi kt, hates eating kiwis? She is named after her lip gloss. *~
Test Subject
#25 Old 4th Dec 2005 at 10:15 PM
Any chance of red puddles? Y'know, so that snapshots of sims who die by scissors look a tad more realistic?
Page 1 of 2