Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#26 Old 10th Apr 2024 at 4:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simonut
I have only kill a Sims ONE TIME since playing the Sims for many years. The reason and story why is that I once downloaded a beautiful female Sims.
Later I realize that it turn out she was a Vampire.

I kill her in the pool I don't play Vampire nor do I want them in my game. I often wonder why a person would create a vampire and not even tell whoever will upload it what it really is on their post. After that I am careful with downloading Sims so I play it safe and sometime make my own.

For TS2, I'm fairly sure uploaded template sims shouldn't already be set as a supernatural. I think the only supernatural you can have as a template sim is an alien, because the skin is genetic. The other supernaturals are skin overlays, and I think the supernatural info is saved somewhere else in the character file (not in the info that gets saved to the face template). If they have custom skin/eyes/etc. that look like supernaturals, you can just switch them before putting the sim in your game.

Now, if the person uploaded an extracted sim that wasn't cleaned up/cloned in Bodyshop, that could potentially carry character info. Using Clean Installer, you'd easily spot the difference between a simple extracted sim and a Bodyshop cloned extracted sim (properly cloned extracted sims have the face template file + any additional CC, while sims that were just extracted only have the extracted file with the original name and no CC).

Some mods can make the grand vampires extra bite-y, though. Could be the sim got bitten on a community lot without your knowledge.

Also, vampirism can be cured ingame (can't remember if it's vanilla, but definitely via mod). That goes for the other supernatural states as well (ingame way/mod). Just in case you ever get a similar issue again.

I don't think I've seen any uploaded sims with supernatural states attached (excluding aliens). I've seen customized sims that look like supernaturals, but that's as close as it gets.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 10th Apr 2024 at 9:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Also, vampirism can be cured ingame (can't remember if it's vanilla, but definitely via mod). That goes for the other supernatural states as well (ingame way/mod). Just in case you ever get a similar issue again.

Treeag's Sim Transformer makes it nice and easy to choose supernatural (or not) states - https://modthesims.info/d/283201/si...02-09-2009.html , if you're not wanting to use the methods available to you in game-play.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#28 Old 10th Apr 2024 at 10:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simonut
I have only kill a Sims ONE TIME since playing the Sims for many years. The reason and story why is that I once downloaded a beautiful female Sims.
Later I realize that it turn out she was a Vampire.

I kill her in the pool I don't play Vampire nor do I want them in my game. I often wonder why a person would create a vampire and not even tell whoever will upload it what it really is on their post. After that I am careful with downloading Sims so I play it safe and sometime make my own.

You can use one of many mods to make a supernatural normal. Sim manipulator, Bat Box, the supernatural transformer, I am sure there are more. You can even cure them without a mod by boolprop. If you want it without a mod or cheat, send them out in the sun.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#29 Old 10th Apr 2024 at 11:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by M.T.Pockets
While Beau and Brandi's daughter (I guess because its a genetically correct version a girl was possible, really threw me for a loop) were at school, Brandi was making an omelette. They don't have a fire alarm and despite having 9 cooking points (I was trying to get a want for maxing the skill) she managed to set the place on fire. She looked so scared it broke my heart! And believe it or not I have a huge soft spot for her. I immediately reset and then I questioned the decision. It was the daughter's birthday which made it feel extra tragic, but I thought about how this could have been an interesting twist in Beau's story. I started thinking it might be worth going down that route after all, but I don't think I have the heart to do it.

Ok .. so I am a tad confused ... you said Beau and Brandi's daughter .... was this a mistype as you really meant to say Skip and Brandi's daughter? Beau is Brandi's son. When the Broke house is 1st played Dustin is a teen, Beau is a toddler, and Brandi has a non showing pregnancy. Dustin and Beau's father is Skip Broke, and the baby's too if you use the fixed version (or fixed it yourself) which is why it can a girl.

..and now to answer the question ... "Do I feel bad for killing sims?"
short answer .. yes ... I don't do it often .. but if it fits the storyline then that's what needs done ... I do not resurrect sims that died (or do zombies) once the game has started play. For me, once a sim has died that's it.. they're gone sad that it is .. I do have a gun and a knife mod that allows for me to unalive a sim .. I've tested them... but as of yet not used them in gameplay ...
Meet Me In My Next Life
#30 Old 11th Apr 2024 at 1:20 AM Last edited by Simonut : 11th Apr 2024 at 1:55 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
You can use one of many mods to make a supernatural normal. Sim manipulator, Bat Box, the supernatural transformer, I am sure there are more. You can even cure them without a mod by boolprop. If you want it without a mod or cheat, send them out in the sun.

@joandsarah77 Thank you for the tips of sharing that information. This is good to know even if vampire are not my game play.

@simmer22 Your technical information of explaining how that happen is beyond my understanding all I know is however it happen.
That Sims I once download many years ago was a straight up Vampire. The first day I download it into my game I notice it's teeth was not normal but that it teeth was of a vampire.
I never let it mix in with other Sims, I kill it the exact same day I downloaded it ( I wasted no time getting rid of it ) My game play is not vampires
Thanks for your input.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Forum Resident
#31 Old 11th Apr 2024 at 3:59 AM
When I first started playing the game in middle school (20 years ago) I enjoyed myself a nice catastrophic fire now and then (usually without saving), and in an alternative, apocalyptic save folder I had a lot that was practically a concentration camp from all the ones I'd offed, but what do you expect from a middle schooler? I also used to bombard cities in Sim City 2000 with disasters. That was before I had access to more appropriate games for these purposes, such as GTA.

I put too much work into the story lines to enjoy watching them burn nowadays. In fact it's been a few years since I've even seen the reaper. If death is part of my story I'll off them (like Jennifer Burb; because I accidently killed her as a child in TS1 so I made her story so she dies in TS2, also Kennedy Cox shall die), but not because it's something I enjoy doing these days. Watching the Pleasant twins burn to ash was funny as a seventh grader, I feel like it would be painful to watch now.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#32 Old 11th Apr 2024 at 9:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
Ok .. so I am a tad confused ... you said Beau and Brandi's daughter .... was this a mistype as you really meant to say Skip and Brandi's daughter? Beau is Brandi's son. When the Broke house is 1st played Dustin is a teen, Beau is a toddler, and Brandi has a non showing pregnancy. Dustin and Beau's father is Skip Broke, and the baby's too if you use the fixed version (or fixed it yourself) which is why it can a girl.

..and now to answer the question ... "Do I feel bad for killing sims?"
short answer .. yes ... I don't do it often .. but if it fits the storyline then that's what needs done ... I do not resurrect sims that died (or do zombies) once the game has started play. For me, once a sim has died that's it.. they're gone sad that it is .. I do have a gun and a knife mod that allows for me to unalive a sim .. I've tested them... but as of yet not used them in gameplay ...

A comma would have been helpful there or clarifying Skip was the father. The daughter is the one from the game starting pregnancy. Her father is Skip. I just didn't say Beau and Tammy because no one would know who Tammy is.
Instructor
#33 Old 21st Apr 2024 at 11:06 PM
I've never killed any of them that I can remember. I hate it when any of them dies. Too many die prematurely from illness/pregnancy/choking on a ham sandwich.
Mad Poster
#34 Old 21st Apr 2024 at 11:12 PM
Yesterday I accidentally killed one of my Sims. I paused the game and took a very long time deliberating whether I should reload or not. I decided against it.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#35 Old 22nd Apr 2024 at 12:30 AM
Quote:
I don't think I've seen any uploaded sims with supernatural states attached (excluding aliens). I've seen customized sims that look like supernaturals, but that's as close as it gets.

There was at one time a set of 'supernaturals' that came with their own house-one of those was a vampire. I still have it and the vampire it houses.
There are a couple of neighborhoods that have supernaturals in them, if you care to count those.

As for killing off sims, I don't do it on purpose now-accidentally, it does happen-but it is very, very rare. I even get the repairperson to come fix that damn dishwasher instead of having a pixel do it. Too gruesome.

The last unnatural death I had in Tinsel Town was when Faye Shaw Walton died of starvation while pregnant and I wasn't able to stop it from happening. At the time I was stumped as to what to do next, but in all honesty it did improve the plot. Her widower eventually did get married again and have a child.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Top Secret Researcher
#36 Old 22nd Apr 2024 at 1:28 AM
I don't kill my sims on purpose... very often (lol). I have and do sometimes but usually I let my sims die of old age (and I have a rule that generally each sim gets 1 elixir of life so I get more time with them, but only 1 so I can keep the generations going). I even have a no fire mod because I was in a house fire back in 2012 (I was 23 then) so no, I don't want that in my game. My sims can die of any other reason though.

If I kill them intentionally I don't really feel bad, because I know they are sims and i'm telling a (fictional) story. However if I love a sim too much, of course I have my faves, I will not *let* them die in any other *except* old age. Old age I accept.

My sims don't die very often so it's hard to say.

My Simblr
He/They
Test Subject
#37 Old 22nd Apr 2024 at 8:46 AM
Yes! I usually kill them only by mistake or if "game story" needs to. For example, when I wanted an orphan teen, I killed her mother. But I did not enjoy seeing her dying. I have never played Sims as a torture simulator. Althoungt I like chaotic situation (if my favourites sims are safe.)
Mad Poster
#38 Old 22nd Apr 2024 at 4:38 PM
The times when sims will literally starve to death even though they have access to food, what I've found is that it's usually because there is some item on the lot which is advertising itself to every single motive and adults aren't actually able to use it, but they keep trying to anyway. It happened to me with toddler beds and some custom toddler toys. It's a real problem in challenge households where you can't directly control certain sims. It's not at all obvious what is happening, I only realised it was happening because I was talking to someone about how the toddler bed would flash blue every time a toddler got out of it autonomously, which they were doing because they were getting into bed even though their energy was already high and then immediately getting up again.

I can see the signs of it now - they will stand there almost as though they are thinking about what to do and then they will go off and fulfil some other motive like bladder.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#39 Old 22nd Apr 2024 at 4:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
The times when sims will literally starve to death even though they have access to food, what I've found is that it's usually because there is some item on the lot which is advertising itself to every single motive and adults aren't actually able to use it, but they keep trying to anyway. It happened to me with toddler beds and some custom toddler toys. It's a real problem in challenge households where you can't directly control certain sims. It's not at all obvious what is happening, I only realised it was happening because I was talking to someone about how the toddler bed would flash blue every time a toddler got out of it autonomously, which they were doing because they were getting into bed even though their energy was already high and then immediately getting up again.

I can see the signs of it now - they will stand there almost as though they are thinking about what to do and then they will go off and fulfil some other motive like bladder.

How do you fix it?
Theorist
#40 Old 22nd Apr 2024 at 5:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq

I kinda exploit this "bug" with the nanny .. the tunnel vision on an action I mean ... the nanny totally frustrates me when a toddler is playin with a toy and their hunger drops pushin the nanny to get them a bottle ... only when she brings it to the toddler she can't hand it to them because the toy is in the way .. so she sets the bottle down and goes for another bottle .. so what I do is turn the fridge around and the nanny since she can't get the bottle stands there starin at the back of the fridge until the toddler drinks the bottle she had already sat down ... this works to keep the nanny occupied and out of mine and the toddlers hair if I do it before she arrives and can't even get the 1st bottle :P
Test Subject
Original Poster
#41 Old 22nd Apr 2024 at 6:26 PM
I kinda exploit this "bug" with the nanny .. the tunnel vision on an action I mean ... the nanny totally frustrates me when a toddler is playin with a toy and their hunger drops pushin the nanny to get them a bottle ... only when she brings it to the toddler she can't hand it to them because the toy is in the way .. so she sets the bottle down and goes for another bottle .. so what I do is turn the fridge around and the nanny since she can't get the bottle stands there starin at the back of the fridge until the toddler drinks the bottle she had already sat down ... this works to keep the nanny occupied and out of mine and the toddlers hair if I do it before she arrives and can't even get the 1st bottle :P

THAT IS ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT! I'm going to start doing this!
Mad Poster
#42 Old 22nd Apr 2024 at 7:13 PM
. . . if I do it before she arrives and can't even get the 1st bottle :P
Surely you let her get one bottle, if the toddler really is hungry? Otherwise you're stopping her doing her job.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#43 Old 22nd Apr 2024 at 7:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Surely you let her get one bottle, if the toddler really is hungry? Otherwise you're stopping her doing her job.

Ha ha I missed the part where they stopped her from getting the first one. I'm sure she's not letting the kid starve though. I know I wouldn't, I'm just sick of my sims coming home to find 4+ bottles on the floor. One that hasn't gone bad is plenty!
Theorist
#44 Old 22nd Apr 2024 at 9:12 PM
If the toddler has only just started gettin hungry .. then no I wait till it's hunger is more so as not to waste the bottle ...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#45 Old 22nd Apr 2024 at 9:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria

Easier to use a buyable bottle or sippy cup and have the toddler drink it sooner so she never even gets it into her head to drop bottles or have the toddler left stuck in a highchair.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#46 Old 23rd Apr 2024 at 9:29 AM
Does the nanny ever feed toddlers mush?
Page 2 of 2