Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted - Garden Hose UPDATED - FIXED and RECOLORABLE

by nikkibailey Posted 30th Apr 2005 at 4:01 PM - Updated 30th Apr 2005 at 9:25 PM by nikkibailey : edit

40 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 39 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 4:13 PM
Is it EP ready?
Field Researcher
#3 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 4:17 PM
Nice! I hope someone fixes the recolourable problem. Will test :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 4:19 PM
BigBoss, yes it is. I have Uni and it works

I believe the Lady On Red painting is original sims2, so it should work without EP (???? yes, no, maybe)
Test Subject
#5 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 4:20 PM
yeah it works with both EP and non-EP for me thanks this thing makes my house look even more real :D
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 5:01 PM
Thanx You! this is just what i've been waiting for! :mrpantha:
Banned
#7 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 5:27 PM
looks good, very real. thanks!
Scholar
#8 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 5:30 PM
Pretty good! Once you figure out the Recolours option on it, make a few colors like yellow, red, blue hoses! ^.^
Field Researcher
#9 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 5:35 PM
This is really cute!

Thank you!
Mesh Maestro
#10 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 6:52 PM Last edited by JWoods : 30th Apr 2005 at 8:16 PM. Reason: add fixed pic.
I have looked at your package.... Your shape naming is correct and is usually the first thing I find wrong when colors are not enabled... I then proceeded to your texture... I found something odd there, the daisy texture and not the lady in red and also the hose texture... This is where your troubles begin... I have also extracted the mesh and will attempt to knock your poly count down... I can fix the package completely and upload it for you to compare if you would like... Let me know...

* I reworked the package.... Here is a picture(below)... I will only upload the package if it is what you wish...

** I changed the clone base object to the "chinese opera mask" as it is a better base object for your hose... I also made a re-color(very basic) as a test to show that the object is indeed color enabled.

*** I ran the object through optimizers and had no success in dropping the poly count any as it is due mainly to the cylindrical design as you mentioned above (just thought I would try anyway.. )
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 7:52 PM
JWoods: I take it all you had to do was find a better original object to clone? One with only 1 base texture (not counting the shadow) rather than the 2 that apparently Lady On Red had? Thanks for the help
Mesh Maestro
#12 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 8:00 PM Last edited by JWoods : 30th Apr 2005 at 8:05 PM.
Default typo
Well.... I chose to reclone because of that fact you stated "1 base texture" but in order to fix the original package I would have had to do a lot more... . If I am not mistaken I believe the (not lady in red) but Daisy(that is the texture I found in your package) had another Texture, the frame in it.... To utilize this texture it would have been best to break the object into two shapes... IE: hose as one shape and fixture and housing as another seperate shape... once the package was completed it effects a lot more then just the GMDC file....
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 8:14 PM
Thanks JWoods...I think I've got it now, so will repost the updated version.
Mesh Maestro
#14 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 8:17 PM
Any time... I removed the uploaded packages..
Instructor
#15 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 8:37 PM Last edited by thefuzmixman : 30th Apr 2005 at 8:40 PM.
Hey nikki, Check your pm
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 9:27 PM
Thanks Fuz :howdy:

You guys are the greatest...this poor little girl from Missouri is learning so much...what would I do without you :D
Scholar
#17 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 9:48 PM
Hehe. Nikki, you're pretty good! Nice!
Field Researcher
#18 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 10:01 PM
Great !!
Thank you for sharing
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 10:17 PM
How awesome! Thank you!
Field Researcher
#20 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 10:24 PM
good idea, like it a lot, thanks
#21 Old 2nd May 2005 at 3:58 AM
hehe... something else that i needed for my IRL House Rep, the only thing is I would love one that just laid on the ground ... but this will do perfectly till i found one hehe or maybe i will just have to ho out and nail the thing that goes on the wall up hehe thnx UFC
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#22 Old 2nd May 2005 at 5:03 PM
finally! something that we can put outside the house! keep 'em coming! :D
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 2nd May 2005 at 7:04 PM
Congrats! It is awesome thank you for your work
Test Subject
#24 Old 2nd May 2005 at 7:34 PM
Really nice...just what I was looking for! Thank you for all the hard work
Field Researcher
#25 Old 3rd May 2005 at 2:23 AM
Awesome object! I love these 'homely' type objects, its great to be able to make the game more 'realistic'.
Page 1 of 2