Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Maxis "Lost & Found" #8: Water Tower *UPD 11 JULY*

by Numenor Posted 29th Apr 2005 at 2:14 AM - Updated 11th Jul 2005 at 2:17 PM by Numenor : Fixed recolour issue

59 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 56 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Field Researcher
#2 Old 29th Apr 2005 at 2:18 AM
wow! thats HUGE! thanks numenor!
Instructor
#3 Old 29th Apr 2005 at 2:23 AM
Now wouldn't it be cool if we could make it into an inlaw suite
Field Researcher
#4 Old 29th Apr 2005 at 2:27 AM
Wow.. thanks Numenor! This is great! :jig:
Forum Resident
#5 Old 29th Apr 2005 at 2:43 AM
Thanx Numenor they look great but I just d/loaded the smaller ones think that will be enough for me to handle
Field Researcher
#6 Old 29th Apr 2005 at 2:59 AM
This is wonderful! Thanks Its great for making custom water towers for custom neighborhoods community lots and what not
Test Subject
#7 Old 29th Apr 2005 at 3:14 AM
Yes this is great. An Industrial Zone, I know I will be placing one near the Train Station I downloaded In Community Lots.

Thankyou numenor
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 29th Apr 2005 at 6:29 AM
this is fantastic! thanks a lot.
but i noticed that the smaller the size of the tower, the larger the file size. why is it so?
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 29th Apr 2005 at 7:29 AM
Cool man but are they the size of the one in pleasant view cuz then we can make them on our lots instead of in the neighboorhood. :mrpantha:
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 29th Apr 2005 at 7:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by toewj
this is fantastic! thanks a lot.
but i noticed that the smaller the size of the tower, the larger the file size. why is it so?

This is a very interesting question, I have noticed it while uploading the files. I think that the Mesh Tool does something strange when processing many file one after another, without closing the program every time.

Anyone is experiencing something strange with the towers? The clickable area is correct?

MATTEW: the are not the size of the original tower, the biggest one is 50% of the original. And all of them are invisible, while in neighborhood view, so you can't replace the neighborhood one with a tower placed on a lot.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#11 Old 29th Apr 2005 at 10:23 AM
Now I can create my industrial downtown disco
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 29th Apr 2005 at 1:53 PM
Numenor, is it possible to put the swans in buy mode so that we can put them on our lots?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 29th Apr 2005 at 2:16 PM
Sorry, Konocoshushi, but the swans have too a simplified mesh to be displayed in the lots: they only can be used in a low-detailed environment, such as the Neighborhood view.
Only some NH objects have a mesh detailed enough to be "ported" to the Buy Mode catalog.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Test Subject
#14 Old 29th Apr 2005 at 3:15 PM
wow a form that actualy has people in it
Field Researcher
#15 Old 29th Apr 2005 at 4:18 PM
Cool thanx. :D
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 29th Apr 2005 at 5:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
Sorry, Konocoshushi, but the swans have too a simplified mesh to be displayed in the lots: they only can be used in a low-detailed environment, such as the Neighborhood view.
Only some NH objects have a mesh detailed enough to be "ported" to the Buy Mode catalog.

oh too baad...thank you for letting me know.

"Smile when it rains"
Instructor
#17 Old 29th Apr 2005 at 7:57 PM
Is this recolorable at all? It's a decent object but I really hate that big Sims2 logo. My sims aren't supposed to know they are living in a game. Shhh.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#18 Old 29th Apr 2005 at 8:18 PM
Actually, the Sims2 logo is the only recolourable part: you are lucky!
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 29th Apr 2005 at 10:03 PM
Any way to find the waterfall that were supposed to be in the neigbourhood view and shiped with the game that they unfortunatly didn't include?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#20 Old 29th Apr 2005 at 10:13 PM
You know? I didn't realize that the waterfall isn't available in the neighborhood catalog! But there are some files related to the waterfall nested into the game packages: I'll try and see if it's possible to bring it back from the Oblivion
Mesh Maestro
#21 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 1:11 AM
Another fine find... Thanks... I found this in the objects3 package in main files but hadn't found the texture in the texture files yet... Thanks now I can put that hunt asside...
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#22 Old 14th May 2005 at 2:07 AM
14-MAY-2005: IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!
Somehow, the GUIDs of these water towers conflict with another object of mine: the glass double door (from the Wall-Window set). I've updated the GUIDs in all the Water Towers (except the huge one, that was correct), so PLEASE RE-DOWNLOAD!

#23 Old 26th May 2005 at 9:34 PM
Coool
This is great object. I really like playing it in the game. :kami: Can you do one for the radio towers.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#24 Old 28th May 2005 at 1:39 AM
I promised to another user to make the radio tower long ago... It proved to be a sailor's promise, though, because I still couldn't find the time to do it, and I'll be very busy also in the near future. Later on, maybe...
#25 Old 29th May 2005 at 2:41 PM
Thanks anyway
Page 1 of 3