Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Maxis "Lost & Found" #7: Radiotelescope *UPD 17APR: now in 4 versions*

by Numenor Posted 14th Apr 2005 at 10:46 PM - Updated 17th Apr 2005 at 4:15 PM by Numenor : Added "HUGE" version

46 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 44 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
#2 Old 14th Apr 2005 at 10:58 PM
hey im the first post. anyways great stuff numerator
Field Researcher
#3 Old 14th Apr 2005 at 11:37 PM
This is truly really cool. Thanks so much for this!
#4 Old 14th Apr 2005 at 11:42 PM
Wow that's cool Numenor!
Thanks for sharing! I've already dlded it, will write back if something is wrong!
Anyway, from watching at the pic u posted, I think it would be cool to make it bigger. Unless it affects the fps of the game...
Great work!
Tony.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 1:18 AM
:wow: Wow! Thanks a lot for this! Now my sims can get Sky!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 1:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JucIEJ1991
hey im the first post. anyways great stuff numerator

Mispell my name once more and this will be your last post, too!

I'm only jocking, of course... Thank you for your appreciation!

Quote: Originally posted by Glottis
Wow that's cool Numenor!
Thanks for sharing! I've already dlded it, will write back if something is wrong!
Anyway, from watching at the pic u posted, I think it would be cool to make it bigger. Unless it affects the fps of the game...
Great work!
Tony.

No, actually the poly count is quite low, for such a huge object, and anyway reducing its size haven't reduced the number of polygons. Should I make a bigger version, let's say, double as this one?

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#7 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 2:49 AM
I like it! Actually, the size is quite nice for a normal lot (for a "normal" mad scientist ), but I would love to have something like this as an alternative:
http://www.eiscat.se/kiruna.html
Pleeease..?
Forum Resident
#8 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 4:05 AM
You are truly amazing Numenor, looks great, dloading now, shall test it this afternoon, I really want to see this in the game...Thank You.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 4:43 AM
Cool!
Field Researcher
#10 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 5:43 AM
Looks just like the ones in our backyard.
Test Subject
#11 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 7:42 AM
Wow! That's great! Maybe my sims will finally be abducted by aliens now :clap:
#12 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 11:03 AM
unzipping .rar files
For those who wonder about .rar files, there is a freeware program called cacodemone (created by a wonderful Itallian gent who is one of the heroes of the web not profitting from his creations.) so download it and tell him he is fantastic.
neutronstar.altervista.org/index_en.html
best wishes,
And I love the telescope, too.
Geoff,
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 1:44 PM
Added the "Medium size" and the "Big size" versions, as per request. They are downloadable from Post #1.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Field Researcher
#14 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 3:32 PM
that's so great! it will look so cool in my university science center lot! <o/
Test Subject
#15 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 3:36 PM
Thanks Numenor! The big one looks wonderful in my garden! :D
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 3:40 PM
Numenor, Team Rainbow thanks you for your contributions.

Seriously, awsome.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 6:22 PM
Very nice, Numenor!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 7:49 PM
Ah..good!! Very nice indeed!! May the Valar guide you to greater Heights. Heehee
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 16th Apr 2005 at 3:52 AM
Cool,thanks
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 5:30 AM
Numenor, for the slighty brain dead folks, well, mainly me :D, who haven't completely figured out how to do the recolors, can you please do a quick summery of how to use the template? Basically, is it a plugin to SimPE? Or have you covered this in some other topic and just point the way. Thanks.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 9:08 AM
The template is nothing but a recolour of the main object: it contains a special coloured texture (with the various areas in different colours) that can be extracted with SimPE like any other texture. If you install the template package in the downloads folder, you can place the "template" in the lot, and you'll be able to see which parts of the template texture correspond to which part of the object: in this way, if you want to recolour e.g. only the back of the dish you'll know which part of the texture you have to edit.
Forum Resident
#22 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 1:19 PM
could you make a version that is a big as the original?

from your information i get that the big version is 70% of the original.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#23 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 4:11 PM
That's easy! I've attached the "Huge" version on post #1.
But mind that:
1) Though it's a very big, it's still a 1-tile object, so the sims are likely to pass through it; I suggest to place it on the corner of the lot.
2) It's really *huge*! In the following picture, it is compared to a 4-storey house (well... not much of a house, but there are 4 floors, anyway).
Screenshots

Lab Assistant
#24 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 4:44 PM
Hi numenor // Is it possible to convert this objects (sorry I don't know the english name of this so I add screenshot) to put it in a lot.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#25 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 5:19 PM
Oh, it's the Windmill! I've converted it long ago

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=37660
Page 1 of 2