Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Silent Hill 2 - James, Maria and Pyramid Head (Fixed!)

by yangn Posted 13th Apr 2005 at 9:15 PM - Updated 24th Oct 2008 at 2:12 AM by Canoodle

46 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 44 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 14th Apr 2005 at 7:53 AM
I'm a Silent Hill 2 fan, so thank's a lot. I'm still thrilled when I see Pyramid head. I think now I'm gonna play sims at night only !
Forum Resident
#3 Old 14th Apr 2005 at 8:52 AM
Pyramid Head is here :bow:
Quickly people, show your respect or get locked upside down in a metal frame and DIE

Just one suggestion, you might want to find a way to make PH "reflective" for that metal texture.

Don't get mad, get even.
Test Subject
#4 Old 14th Apr 2005 at 9:57 AM
Awesome skins! I love that pic of Maria with the "Duh!" face.

"転石苔を生ぜず。"(Tenseki koke o sho-zezu) - Japanese proverb
"A rolling stone gathers no moss."
Thank you emcat! ^^
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 14th Apr 2005 at 2:35 PM
wow these are great! thanx..Pyramid Head rox my sox
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Apr 2005 at 3:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thunderbreak
Pyramid Head is here :bow:
Quickly people, show your respect or get locked upside down in a metal frame and DIE

Just one suggestion, you might want to find a way to make PH "reflective" for that metal texture.

:confused: How would I do that? Oh- would I have to add it in the material definition file? I'm still kind of a dummy about these things, and once I've gotten something to work, I'm leery about tweaking it any further for fear of screwing it up again. XD
Forum Resident
#7 Old 14th Apr 2005 at 5:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by yangn
:confused: How would I do that? Oh- would I have to add it in the material definition file? I'm still kind of a dummy about these things, and once I've gotten something to work, I'm leery about tweaking it any further for fear of screwing it up again. XD

I remember the first week when I played this game I downloaded a shiny skin from this site, however it made everything shiny including the clothing, you might want to look into that. I think it was the silver family skin or something.
I'd tell you how to do it if I knew, but reading the thread where they teach you how to do that was like reading gerbrish, I couldn't understand a word :D

Don't get mad, get even.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 12:34 AM
God, my friend and I were dreading the part where he was going to have to face a Pyramid Head. Just the look of one... man. My friend was the brawn, I was the brain for the game. We stayed up all night for hours playing this game. Ah, such great times.

Awesome Sims, too. :thumb: Thanks for the quick flashback.

And I forgot, absolutely AWESOME avatar, NecroVenomm. I am in love with Rayne. Mm.. BloodRayne 2 was one of the best games I have ever played.

She got a corpse under her bed.
She had her fun, but now he's dead.

~*~*~*~

R U Deviant?
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 10:16 PM
Hmm, I never played Silent Hill 2; can anybody tell me just what kind of an enemy it was? (btw, great work on the sims!)
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 10:16 PM
or, just what kind of an enemy pyramid head was?
Forum Resident
#11 Old 16th Apr 2005 at 1:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by _Xndr089_
Hmm, I never played Silent Hill 2; can anybody tell me just what kind of an enemy it was? (btw, great work on the sims!)

PH is your worst nightmare come true, James never killed even one of them(they KILLED THEMSELF). They have instant kill moves, they are agile, and they are durable. They are probably more frightning than the last boss, that's why before you fight duo PH there were NINE save points lined up!

Don't get mad, get even.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 16th Apr 2005 at 5:56 AM
In all honesty, Silent Hill 2 had the most disappointingly easy monsters from the entire series. In part, this is because they cut out the flying and the obligatory "zombie dog" monsters from that game; even though the shrugging monsters can be annoying because they power-crawl away after getting knocked over, they're not particularly fast or powerful, and you see all of 3 door monsters, so they don't get to count.

Pyramid Head is essentially James' doppleganger, his repressed guilt over the death of his wife come to life to punish him. When you first encounter Pyramid Head, it seems to be acting out a sexual act (note that none of the monsters have visible genitals) with the other monsters, which have female shapes; it drags them around by their ankles, caveman-style. Pyramid Head repeatedly kills the woman who James meets in Silent Hill, another doppleganger herself. (she resembles his dead wife) Whenever James becomes frustrated with her, Pyramid is there to impale her with a spear.

As for the fights, Pyramid is somewhat challenging, largely because of his weapon in the first fight (an oversized knife that he drags around and can off James in a single overhead strike) and the fact that the metal appliance he wears acts as an unconventional kind of armour.
Forum Resident
#13 Old 16th Apr 2005 at 7:17 PM
I think the reason Silent Hill 2 is easy is because they made all the weapons really powerful, also they made James really agile. Silent Hill 4 is hard because Henry is a stupid lump of flesh and you are heavily depended on melee weapons (the axe for me) and that gives the monsters a chance to attack. So I don't think the monsters in SH2 are weak, it's just that James is too strong :D

Don't get mad, get even.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 12:06 AM
i really don't care for the lead dude in silent hill 4 ,I want a lead character who can kick azz
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 2:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by thunderbreak
Silent Hill 4 is hard because Henry is a stupid lump of flesh

Oh, it's so true. After Silent Hill 2 and 3, I was really hoping for another well-developed protaganist in The Room. Boy, was I surprised...
#16 Old 18th Apr 2005 at 3:06 AM
Still not played 4, hoping to get it soon. 2 managed to put the frighteners on people rather well I thought, something 3 seemed to lack but then 3 was a lot more playable. Heres to the fans of the series anyhow, some of the most psychologically deep games ever made. And heres to these amasing SH skins, I think it's time for the town to appear in my Sims game. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 18th Apr 2005 at 7:25 AM
I love them(huge SH fangirl) thanks for sharing
Test Subject
#18 Old 28th Apr 2005 at 6:13 PM
Awesome, awesome, awesome. Massive kudos to yangn.
Test Subject
#19 Old 2nd May 2005 at 11:01 PM
I love the Pyramid head.. That's great. Is it just the hair? Anywho. Definetly downloading the pyramid head and scaring people in game.. Muhuhahaha....
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 13th May 2005 at 1:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MomoPeaches
I love the Pyramid head.. That's great. Is it just the hair? Anywho. Definetly downloading the pyramid head and scaring people in game.. Muhuhahaha....

Yes, the pyramid for our sim Pyramid Head is just hair- we dressed an entire household of our sims up like PH and had them goof around while we took pictures. :D
Test Subject
#21 Old 15th May 2005 at 8:20 AM
is there a chance for the baddies with their arms attached to their heads? or the ones with the legs-for-body?? kool creation, btw.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 6th Jun 2005 at 4:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fenderfreek299
is there a chance for the baddies with their arms attached to their heads? or the ones with the legs-for-body?? kool creation, btw.

Not likely, unless they were to be static decorative objects. Sims need two free-moving arms, two legs, and a head for the game's animations.

I'm ripped. I wish I could have a working 1-armed sim so I could do Baiken from Guilty Gear.
Test Subject
#23 Old 6th Jun 2005 at 5:10 PM
I love these sims, especially Maria. Any chance of you creating a Mary? All you'd need would be to take Maria and stick Mary's dress on her, possibly a new hair mesh and take off the makeup.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 8th Jun 2005 at 6:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Niai
I love these sims, especially Maria. Any chance of you creating a Mary? All you'd need would be to take Maria and stick Mary's dress on her, possibly a new hair mesh and take off the makeup.

We've thought of it, just... haven't gotten around to it yet. Initially, we'd just made the SH sims for our own amusement, and had planned on killing-off Maria after Maria, just to mess around with James, but we had too many funny moments with our first Maria and decided not to drop a sattelite on her after all.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 10th Jun 2005 at 7:57 AM
It might sound creepy the way I say this but:
:lovestruc I LOVE YOU.:lovestruc
I'm such a Silent Hill fan I tend to freak people out.
I have spent almost a year perfecting a Claudia and Heather texture bitmap thingy and made most of Heather's shirts (even 2 versions of her "God of Thunder" skin).
... but unfortunately I can't mesh because I lack the program and I'm severely mentally retarded. :smash:
If someone were to make more Silent Hill things, I would... I dunno... riverdance or something. *shock* Perhaps even have the courage to put up somma mah shizzle.
Page 1 of 2