Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers wanted: 3 outfits for Elder females (converted from adults/young adults)

by mharpham Posted 31st Mar 2005 at 3:02 PM - Updated 17th Nov 2008 at 10:52 PM by CatOfEvilGenius

17 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 16 Feedback Posts
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 31st Mar 2005 at 5:38 PM
Thank you! My elders needed these.
Test Subject
#3 Old 31st Mar 2005 at 7:03 PM
My few elders salute you! Oh yea and I say thanks
retired moderator
#4 Old 31st Mar 2005 at 7:26 PM Last edited by Grapholina : 31st Mar 2005 at 7:27 PM. Reason: Added something.
Hi! Thanks for these. However, inserting them in the game does not let Body Shop work properly. It's almost as if BS doesn't fully load.

I took them out of the game and BS worked once again. Just thought I'd let you know.

I have University.
Inventor
#5 Old 31st Mar 2005 at 7:34 PM
I have the same problem.

This file seems to be corrupted or something: MRH_efsuspenderstights.package. The others work fine in my body shop, that one makes body shop crash as soon as I click on it.
retired moderator
#6 Old 31st Mar 2005 at 7:43 PM
The "suit" with the tartan skirt works, but the thumbnail in BS is completely wrong. It shows a slack and top outfit. Wacko!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Apr 2005 at 2:34 PM Last edited by mharpham : 7th May 2005 at 2:15 PM.
Sorry about these problems. It seems that the suspendertights.package file got corrupted on my computer, but I found a backup that works. I checked, and I was able to load BodyShop with this. I just uploaded an updated zip file a few minutes ago.

About the thumbnail problem, I have no idea why that happened. And I call it a "suit" because Maxis refers to it as a "suit" in the data files.

If you downloaded the zip in post #1 before I updated it on Friday morning and just want the updated suspendertights.package file, download the zip I have attached to this message.

Cheers,
Mike
Attached files:
File Type: zip  suspenders.zip (125.8 KB, 37 downloads)
Field Researcher
#8 Old 2nd Apr 2005 at 10:27 AM
Thank you

I have all of your elder clothes
Inventor
#9 Old 2nd Apr 2005 at 10:43 AM
Just wanted to let you know, that it works fine now in my bodyshop (haven't tried the game yet).

Thanks for all your work.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 2nd Apr 2005 at 11:22 AM
I've downloaded the separate suspenders outfit package, but I notice that in the main package there are two files, as opposed to only one in the original package. Do I have to use the other file from the original package?

WHY DO SIMS NEVER EXPERIENCE A MID-LIFE CRISIS?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 2nd Apr 2005 at 2:26 PM
If you downloaded the zip in post #1 after about 8AM yesterday, you don't need the single file. That was only for people who downloaded the corrupted package file when I first posted. I wanted to give them a small file in case they didn't have cable modem or DSL.

Mike
Scholar
#12 Old 5th Apr 2005 at 3:48 PM
Thanks so much for these, Mike - I've been trying to figure out how you do this, but *I* just can't seem to do it! I have some adult/young adult meshes I'm dying to convert to female elders, but it just won't work for me. How *do* you do this? Can you please help...?
Once again, great stuff!
Instructor
#13 Old 6th Apr 2005 at 12:06 PM
well done... not rly my style of clothing but i'll never let a good mesh go unknown well done xxxx
Test Subject
#14 Old 16th Apr 2005 at 5:16 AM
Interesting... where did the second set (the one with suspenders) come from? Is it a custom one, or an outfit I've somehow been missing in the game?

It is nice to be able to have some biker granny types, though.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 20th Apr 2005 at 1:46 AM
The one with the suspenders is based on a Maxis mesh. I included one of the two Maxis skins with the converted outfit. I'm not sure how to get the one for adults without going into debug mode in the game. Check the Wiki here (http://www.modthesims2.com/wiki/TestingCheats) for the debug mode commands. The only reason I knew about that mesh in the first place was that I downloaded a skin for it back in October or November.

About how to make these, I basically use the method in WDSBriAnna's tutorial (it's somewhere on this site), using Milkshape for the mesh editing. When it comes time to adjust the mesh, I first load an elder swimsuit mesh, rename the group Body to something else (like Template) and select and hide all vertices before I load the one I want to alter. After that, I use the template body as a guide for scaling/moving vertices on the new clothing. When the new clothing is in good agreement with the template body, I delete the template and do a little more work on the new clothes, trying to get rid of sharp edges where there shouldn't be sharp edges and making sure the clothing texture looks reasonable on the new mesh. For female body meshes, I usually don't modify the breasts too much; in my opinion, the elder ones look nasty.
Converting teen clothes to young adult/adult/elder clothes is more difficult, since the teen body is scaled 0.94 in the Y-direction relative to the others (or the others are scaled 1.063829... relative to the teen). Also, the arms are scaled, and the body shapes have more differences. For these conversions, I usually scale the template by 0.94(teen --> YA/A/E) or 1.06...(YA/A/E --> teen) in the Y-direction(from the origin). For example, to convert the teen Mandarin outfit to the elder body, load the elder swimsuit mesh, rename the group "Body" to "temp", y-scale all vertices 0.94 (relative to the origin), hide all vertices, then load the teen Mandarin outfit and adjust it to match the elder template. The neck is difficult to line up correctly- I go through about 10 revisions before it looks right in Bodyshop.
Finally, in addition to pointing the clothing to the new mesh (again, see WDSBriAnna's tutorial), you need to change the age group on the converted clothing- 4 for teens, 40 for young adults, 8 for adults, 48 for young adults and adults, and 10 for elders.

Cheers,
Mike
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 8:46 AM
Nice, just one question, where is that last hair mesh from I want it. :P
Field Researcher
#17 Old 27th Aug 2005 at 3:47 PM
Thanks!