Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TESTERS WANTED: Cheap Entertainment Center *UPDATED MESH FIX 12 Feb*

by Janel1920 Posted 12th Feb 2005 at 7:01 PM - Updated 18th Dec 2008 at 9:32 PM by -Maylin-

63 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 61 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
#2 Old 12th Feb 2005 at 7:06 PM
Looks Great, Is the wood shown in your post what the cabinet really looks like? Are you going to try again, because I love the objects

-
Test Subject
#3 Old 12th Feb 2005 at 7:09 PM
It looks nice.

But I'd like a high-end all expensive entertainment center if it's possible, or if there are any already posted on this site, could you refer me to them?
Thanks.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Feb 2005 at 10:20 PM
The wood is what I wanted the frame to look like, but it came out like glass instead of wood. I will try again, but any advice about where I am going wrong would be appreciated.
Test Subject
#5 Old 12th Feb 2005 at 10:36 PM
Great job Janel! I hope you will be able to find the answer.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#6 Old 12th Feb 2005 at 11:42 PM Last edited by numenor : 13th Feb 2005 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Removed attachment (moved to first post)
Here is the answer!

Janel, the wood part was transparent because the original mesh was related to the glass shelves: its Material Definition was set to give a transparent look to the mesh.
I've fixed it, and I have enabled colour options for the wooden cabinet.
Moreover, I "linked" the colour of the TV itself to the original cheap TV: therefore, any recolour you make/download for the original TV will be available for yours, and viceversa. Cool, uh? :D

I'm attaching the fixed object and two recolours I made for the cabinet (all are EP-ready).

Note: in the picture are shown different recolours for the TV, too; but they are not included in the package.

Download my packages, attach them to the first post and change the title of the thread: no more skinner wanted!

Good work. Go on this way.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  jrm_entertainmentcenter_recolours.zip (16.6 KB, 956 downloads)

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#7 Old 12th Feb 2005 at 11:54 PM
These are awesome!! Thank you so much.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 13th Feb 2005 at 3:51 AM
Default Just in time for Valentine's Day
Numerator, I know we've never met, but I sincerely love you. Thanks so much for the help....on my way to completing my house

*skipping away*

:elephant:
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 13th Feb 2005 at 4:14 AM
This is great work thank you!!
Test Subject
#10 Old 13th Feb 2005 at 4:21 AM
numenor, you are so incredible

Deb

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Test Subject
#11 Old 13th Feb 2005 at 4:42 AM
U think it would be cool if the sim can use the books in it
Ice Princess
#12 Old 13th Feb 2005 at 4:44 AM
I like this very much thanks.
Test Subject
#13 Old 13th Feb 2005 at 4:48 AM
Very nice, thank you for sharing.
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#14 Old 13th Feb 2005 at 7:58 AM
Awsome! I can make my house now, I have a set up similar to this!

Life's like an hourglass glued to the table
No one can find the rewind button
So cradle your head in your hands
And breathe....Just breathe....
The ModFather
retired moderator
#15 Old 13th Feb 2005 at 12:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Janel1920
Numerator...

Mispell my name once more and you are banned!

... ahahah! I was only joking! :D

And anyway, I'm not an Admin and I can ban anyone! :bump:

When I see an iteresting object like your entertainment center, it's a pleasure to lend a hand!

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 13th Feb 2005 at 1:12 PM
Thank you very much Janel1920 for creating a very nice object, I will test it later on today. Thank you too numenor ... what would we do without you!
Space Pony
#17 Old 13th Feb 2005 at 1:40 PM
:yippee: Great idea !! I would love to have them in white and black - could anyone PLEASE recolour them ? :D

Silvi
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 13th Feb 2005 at 1:47 PM
Thank you for this great item!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 13th Feb 2005 at 2:21 PM
Default Sorry Numenor
I'm sorry, Numenor, :banghead: You see, I was so giddy that I couldn't see straight...so I added a couple of letters by accident....

I need your acceptance just in case I run into this problem again

You're the best!
#20 Old 13th Feb 2005 at 4:22 PM
I love this so so so much Thank you Janel and Numenor
Field Researcher
#21 Old 13th Feb 2005 at 4:25 PM
How did he make that? I really want to make objects!
Field Researcher
#22 Old 13th Feb 2005 at 4:26 PM
How did he/she make that? I really want to make objects!
#23 Old 13th Feb 2005 at 5:05 PM
Thanks, it's great, how about an expensive one with a big TV and speakers, etc..?
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 13th Feb 2005 at 5:17 PM
the thing works perfecly :dance: the only known issue is the one listed on your updated post.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 13th Feb 2005 at 6:32 PM
great job

i need to learn how to make objects

You should never put a cap on violence!! Suppressing violent urges only leads to psycological internal violence! Got it!? If I were to use an analogy, I'd turn to yeast! The root of all bread making!!
Page 1 of 3