Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: *UPDATED for EP* New lace curtains and window ornamentation

by semloh Posted 2nd Jan 2005 at 2:22 AM - Updated 23rd Feb 2005 at 7:45 AM by semloh : Ep Update

26 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 24 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 2nd Jan 2005 at 3:15 AM
Oh these are very nice. Thanks for sharring them.
kathrynmw1
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 2nd Jan 2005 at 3:19 AM
Thank you love all'em, but I especially could use the black ones for my black interior them.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 2nd Jan 2005 at 3:32 AM
All I can say is wow, great job on these curtains love them to bits.
Test Subject
#5 Old 2nd Jan 2005 at 3:53 AM
the curtains are simply lovely, and will be put to good use in my game
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 2nd Jan 2005 at 5:13 AM
I love these!!! Thank you!!!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 2nd Jan 2005 at 6:36 AM
I love curtains and can't get enough... Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 3rd Jan 2005 at 7:37 PM
I'm so excited you can use a transmap or alpha with these (I'm assuming)--All your curtains are lovely!

I'm happier with your versions than the Maxis' originals, because yours are really taking advantage of the alpha, making them very delicate and lacey, whereas Maxis' are kind of too solid looking (IMO).

Great work! :-)
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 3rd Jan 2005 at 7:42 PM
Thank You!! :d
#10 Old 3rd Jan 2005 at 7:53 PM
btw, thanks for the link! that's hot! Now I shall have some fun trying to make floors! And your curtains are gorgeous
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 4th Jan 2005 at 12:50 AM
Thanks for that wonderful work and also for sharing
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 4th Jan 2005 at 1:44 AM
croweridgestudio:

Yes these have an alpha (transparency) channel which allows all kinds of experimention with regards to shape etc. The "Veil of Dreams" curtain also has an Alpha channel but unfortunately Maxis chose to re-use a tiny texture over and over when texturing the mesh (the texture also gets stretched horribly in different places) so it is difficult do anything very creative with it. The beauty of the Antique Lace object is that the texture is only repeated twice and although stretching does occur it is easy to overcome.

EmilyElder:

The Inspiration Gallery link is a real goldmine isn't it. It's like having the keys to the candy factory! It's hard to resist the impulse to download absolutely everything (except for the fact that it would take a whole day of link clicking!).
Field Researcher
#13 Old 5th Jan 2005 at 4:18 PM
These are excellent. Thank you!
Field Researcher
#14 Old 5th Jan 2005 at 9:35 PM
Very nice work!. thank you!.
Forum Resident
#15 Old 12th Jan 2005 at 12:21 AM
These are so nice in the game. Thank you.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 12th Jan 2005 at 1:14 AM
Beautifull!!! TY 4 Sharing
Field Researcher
#17 Old 13th Jan 2005 at 10:37 AM
This technique could be used to make some outside addition to windows.. like prison bars, or other type of bars to keep burglars out. If anyone could make something like that it would be awesome!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 14th Jan 2005 at 8:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ingeli
This technique could be used to make some outside addition to windows.. like prison bars, or other type of bars to keep burglars out. If anyone could make something like that it would be awesome!

Unfortunately, it wouldn't really work because the mesh for the Antique Lace curtains has cutout sections in the top and bottom part of the curtain that stop the texture from completely filling the window. You would end up with rather odd, curtain shaped bars. That's why my iron grille doesn't attempt to cover the whole window, the texture stops just short of the mesh cutout.

Hopefully the new mesh export/import tool will enable us to solve this problem when it becomes available.
Forum Resident
#19 Old 14th Jan 2005 at 5:10 PM
I have tried these in the game...I love how they look. I have a question....Do all the curtains conflict with the toilet? I could not place a curtian on a window over one, but I had no problem placing one over a counter. Odd, no?

Anyone else notice this? Is it a quirk in the game or with the curtain recolors...?

Other than that Please keep up the good work, I'd love to see more curtains from you, they rock....
Field Researcher
#20 Old 14th Jan 2005 at 8:16 PM
wow, great, thanks a lot....
Instructor
#21 Old 15th Jan 2005 at 1:55 AM
Thankyou so much for sharing these.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 13th Apr 2005 at 6:28 PM
Default Lace Curtains
Thanks so much for ALL of these beautiful curtains you have done!

Momicajack
Field Researcher
#23 Old 18th Apr 2005 at 6:19 PM
Your curtains are all beautiful. Thank you very much for sharing!
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 13th May 2005 at 12:18 AM
Very Nice! Thank you for sharing your hard work with everyone!
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 7th Jun 2005 at 12:13 AM
A fab job! Can't wait to try these in the game tonight. Thanx!
Page 1 of 2