Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Lamb Chops - Adding a new food option proof of concept

by exor674 Posted 22nd Dec 2004 at 9:25 PM

58 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 57 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 22nd Dec 2004 at 10:21 PM
*breaks out shotgun*

..........oh...

you said DON'T kill you...

My bad. lol Gonna go try this out. :-)
Test Subject
#3 Old 22nd Dec 2004 at 10:30 PM
Hmmm... Interesting.
Test Subject
#4 Old 23rd Dec 2004 at 1:39 AM
Mmmmmmmm..........lamb chops.
Test Subject
#5 Old 23rd Dec 2004 at 4:21 AM
Thanks I WANTED more food! :D
Test Subject
#6 Old 23rd Dec 2004 at 5:12 AM
mm more food
Test Subject
#7 Old 23rd Dec 2004 at 7:27 AM
That would be wonderful- like many Simmers out there i would like to add some vegeterian and ethnic foods to my simulated diet- what is life without a few burritos?
Test Subject
#8 Old 23rd Dec 2004 at 7:53 AM
Definitely cool. Once you upload that tutorial, I can have my sim make Matzo ball soup.
Firestarter
#9 Old 23rd Dec 2004 at 8:03 AM
I think it's great that you're working on this I haven't had time yet to really look at the fire code again, but it's something I will get to. I have something in mind to try for the ovens. Not sure if it will work yet, though. I don't want to disable the fire in the entire game. I like the option of us getting to have the fire death once in awhile, even if we just use a hacked object to make it happen. So, it's something I need to look into some more.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 23rd Dec 2004 at 1:29 PM
Exor, you may have blazed a trail for multitudes of Simmers to mod food. Great!
Field Researcher
#11 Old 23rd Dec 2004 at 1:36 PM
Cool !! .. form italy we wish to have "Spaghetti alla Carbonara !!! "

and also wusterl and chips

anyway, great job... i follow your step ... maybe one day can add some nice italian food
Field Researcher
#12 Old 23rd Dec 2004 at 5:09 PM
Awesome. I've been waiting for someone to do this. I can't wait to try it out, thanks!
Field Researcher
#13 Old 23rd Dec 2004 at 5:14 PM
Yay, yer working on a food mod, that's really great. I been wishing for more food that I would actually eat, lol, like cakes, pies, stew, etc.
:santa:
Test Subject
#14 Old 23rd Dec 2004 at 6:04 PM
Yeah, this is gonna be a great mod!
I can't wait to try asian food like sushi, noodles, fried shrimp, etc.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 26th Dec 2004 at 6:28 PM
Bar-b-que and or Fried chicken, collard greens and potatoe salad for my black families would be cool too! Yes! Ethnic foods would be quite nice.
Instructor
#16 Old 27th Dec 2004 at 3:20 PM
*Scratching head* I wonder why Maxis left out the good old fashioned breakfast called "Bacon and Eggs"! lol Bacon, eggs, milk gravy and biscuits and lets not forget the grits!! yum! lol
Field Researcher
#17 Old 27th Dec 2004 at 4:54 PM
Wonderfol Work. If only we could have bacon and eggs for breakfast too! Thanks.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 27th Dec 2004 at 6:33 PM
This thread is making me really hungry. I'd like to be able to have some milk or soda rather then juice to snack on. Although I don't know what Maxis was thinking... who snacks on juice?
Test Subject
#19 Old 27th Dec 2004 at 6:36 PM
imhungry now...... thanks a lot.... let me know when ya'll have a variety and I'll set up a buffet line at my sims party and watch em all get fat! muahhhahaha
Test Subject
#20 Old 28th Dec 2004 at 7:22 PM
Hmmm... I love juice... yeah but your right to snack on... hey how about an apple. I would love my simmies to have tacos or enchiladas...yummy.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 29th Dec 2004 at 2:11 AM
yaaay new foods and a tutorial too .. i hope it works on all food types?
this game is getting so far along i wonder if maxis will be able to keep up :D
#22 Old 29th Dec 2004 at 12:50 PM
Exor, one disturbing thing I noticed on here is a couple of people deciding to quit after a few bad apples throw unwanted comments around. Corrective criticism is one thing but hammering someone is another. Continue working on the things u like and posting them. People with like minds who enjoy them will continue to thank u and use them. Great job kiddo!
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#23 Old 29th Dec 2004 at 1:00 PM
And encourage your fellow modders to be grouchy so that they don't cry when people insult them!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 30th Dec 2004 at 7:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hendonkat3032
Exor, one disturbing thing I noticed on here is a couple of people deciding to quit after a few bad apples throw unwanted comments around. Corrective criticism is one thing but hammering someone is another. Continue working on the things u like and posting them. People with like minds who enjoy them will continue to thank u and use them. Great job kiddo!

Don't worry, I haven't quit modding. I just haven't been able to make recolored food not go invisible (not from the menu - it stays there, actually not show anything in game), but I am still poking at it.
Test Subject
#25 Old 31st Dec 2004 at 2:47 AM Last edited by wongkeanwah : 1st Jan 2005 at 3:26 AM.
What about fried,roasted chicken?
*Breaks out M16*
OH..........*fires accidentaly*
Oops. :laugh:
Page 1 of 3