Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Unincluded Box Art Clothing

by wlsestudios Posted 28th Jul 2008 at 9:50 PM - Updated 29th Jul 2008 at 11:30 PM by wlsestudios

29 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 26 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 29th Jul 2008 at 7:35 PM
Thanks for the time you put into re-creating the outfits, but I especially enjoyed your commentary!
"wrapped in a garment of lies"....I'm still laughing.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 29th Jul 2008 at 7:59 PM
Thanks a lot! Well done on the description too One question. Are the outfits in their correct bins? For example, the Seasons outfit in Outerwear and the Nightlife outfit in Everyday and Formal?
Not actually evil.
#4 Old 29th Jul 2008 at 8:03 PM
Yes! Tangerine power! Thank you for correcting Maxis' oversights. The idea is nifty, but the descriptive text is what really made me laugh. Thanks for sharing.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Jul 2008 at 8:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by inuyasha_babe
Are the outfits in their correct bins? For example, the Seasons outfit in Outerwear and the Nightlife outfit in Everyday and Formal?

Yes!
The Seasons outfit, like the original, is in both Everyday and Outerwear.
The Nightlife outfit, like the original, is in both Everyday and Formal.
The Open For Business and Bon Voyage outfits are only available as Everyday outfits, like their originals.

A movie a day keeps Crumplebottom away!
Visit: http://wlsestudios.moonfruit.com
Field Researcher
#6 Old 29th Jul 2008 at 8:21 PM
It figures, the one outerwear that looked decent, EA did not include in the game. Any chance of doing a whole set of outerwear with jeans & defugged undershirts? I will be using this set quite a bit, that ski suit is gonna be on every girl from here to bakersville. I still don't know why half of the outerwear section is raincoats when sims don't wear outerwear in the rain........

boolprop iqtestingenabled true
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 29th Jul 2008 at 8:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cassandra_107
It figures, the one outerwear that looked decent, EA did not include in the game. Any chance of doing a whole set of outerwear with jeans & defugged undershirts? I will be using this set quite a bit, that ski suit is gonna be on every girl from here to bakersville. I still don't know why half of the outerwear section is raincoats when sims don't wear outerwear in the rain........

PM us with your full request and we'll let you know whether we can do it. We're certain we can, we just want you to be a bit more specific about colours etc - so do it in a PM.

Forum Resident
#8 Old 29th Jul 2008 at 8:49 PM
Hey WLSE!

Great work, And thank you for replacing Maxis mistakes!

Nacho average teen.
Other Stuff By Me.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 29th Jul 2008 at 10:21 PM
Teehee, this is awesome, I love that "garment of lies" XD

Now my bakers can look like they ACTUALLY worked. I love the jeans outfit on the seasons girl, I am definitely recoloring the top part now!

Thank you for uploading. I am going to enjoy my game now.

Instructor
#10 Old 29th Jul 2008 at 10:33 PM
oh thank yor these!! i really wanted that seasons outfit ^^ and i also liked the dress from nightlife, orange looks good in it =) thank you for sharing ^^

hi!
Test Subject
#11 Old 29th Jul 2008 at 10:39 PM
"wrapped in a garment of lies" rofl

Thank you for this, I'd really wanted the Seasons one (the maxis ones are just...ick).
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 30th Jul 2008 at 12:47 AM
I'm so happy you made these. I've always wonder why those clothing colors shows up on the cover but didn't excist in the game
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 30th Jul 2008 at 3:48 AM
Thanks for these, they always tease you with a certain outfit then never have it in the pack.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 30th Jul 2008 at 6:28 AM
"a garment of lies!" I love you. This is great!
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 30th Jul 2008 at 6:38 AM
Thanks so much these are great, I love the additional flour makeup!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 30th Jul 2008 at 8:43 AM
Now you just need to make 2 unincluded hairs from FreeTime and Basegame!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 30th Jul 2008 at 9:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SharonSims2
Now you just need to make 2 unincluded hairs from FreeTime and Basegame!

We never planned to do hairs as they are more complex than clothing and at the moment we are not that good! Most of the hiars are wrong, to be honest, as things such earmuffs and hats are added to any old hair whilst we go without. Hey! Maybe a talented hair creator could make the hairs on the boxes, and then we could link to each other so people can get the full set of clothing and hair? Just an idea! Let us know if your going to do it so we can link to your hairs when your done (and vice-versa!)

As for the Base Game? Well we just looked at the box and we can't see anything that wasn't included in the game! Correct us if we're wrong!

Mad Poster
#18 Old 30th Jul 2008 at 2:29 PM
Wonderful work! I'm glad I could provide some useful input.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
#19 Old 1st Aug 2008 at 9:15 AM
"However, she is wrapped in a garment of lies!" hahahahha!
Field Researcher
#20 Old 1st Aug 2008 at 7:23 PM
I have been waiting forever for this! You've done a wonderful job!

May I ask something?
On the flip cover of the original box of TS2 (Base Game) there was a male fortune Sim on "the path to life", as I call it, and he is accompanied by two women.
One of the women is wearing an orange dress, very much like the default formal clothing in TS2, (the long orange dress with straps on the shoulders,) except that the orange dress has long white gloves...and it never made it into the game. Neither did the other woman's dress. (It was dark blue but it was tied around the neck.)
Is there any chance that you can recreate them? I'd post a picture but I think that my mother pitched my TS2 box into oblivion.

Thanks for reading!

The Possibilities are Endless

-----------------------
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 1st Aug 2008 at 11:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mouse
On the flip cover of the original box of TS2 (Base Game) there was a male fortune Sim on "the path to life", as I call it, and he is accompanied by two women.
One of the women is wearing an orange dress, very much like the default formal clothing in TS2, (the long orange dress with straps on the shoulders,) except that the orange dress has long white gloves...and it never made it into the game. Neither did the other woman's dress. (It was dark blue but it was tied around the neck.)

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean. Can somebody please send us a link to or file of the picture you mean?

Mad Poster
#22 Old 2nd Aug 2008 at 9:16 PM
Mouse, which version of the base game box do you mean? I have the very first box design, the one that is posted at SnootySims, and the reverse doesn't feature any guy in a suit on a path with two women.
The more recent box design does have what you describe though.
I've just done a search on Google but it hasn't returned any useful results.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Instructor
#23 Old 4th Aug 2008 at 4:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mouse
I have been waiting forever for this! You've done a wonderful job!

May I ask something?
Is there any chance that you can recreate them? I'd post a picture but I think that my mother pitched my TS2 box into oblivion.

Thanks for reading!

i know what you mean !! i have this box and i'd post the´pic here if i knew how to =P can anyone explain me how to post pics in the comments? i'll scan the pic tomorrow when i get back from school, 'cause it's late now and i'm lazy lol. but i promise i'll do it tomorrow ^^ the box is right here by my side ^.~

hi!
#24 Old 8th Aug 2008 at 9:28 PM
haha - "garment of lies".
there's yet another unfound summer skirt left out of seasons - it's on the spine of the box..... i think. (my seasons cover was also pitched into oblivion)
looks like this (points down)
Screenshots
Test Subject
#25 Old 9th Oct 2008 at 8:03 PM
Thank you very much I love the flour on the face and the ladies outerwear outfit is actually very nice!
Page 1 of 2