Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

New VideoGames for yours sims to play!

by muroku68 Posted 27th Jul 2008 at 9:14 PM - Updated 19th Mar 2009 at 8:11 PM by -Maylin-

127 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 108 Feedback Posts, 18 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 6
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 6th Aug 2008 at 10:12 AM
Thank you very very much you just made my sim kids very very Happy
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 6th Aug 2008 at 10:32 AM
161 mb? That's a bit large for only 3 ingame games now isn't it?

Remember the larger the download folder..the slower the game will run!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 6th Aug 2008 at 10:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Deckmaster
161 mb? That's a bit large for only 3 ingame games now isn't it?

Remember the larger the download folder..the slower the game will run!

At least we have choices great work!
Field Researcher
#5 Old 6th Aug 2008 at 10:41 AM
No complaints here! I've definitely been wanting some more games for home consoles and I'll anxiously await more (if you make them).

<('_'<) <('_')> (>'_')>
Test Subject
#6 Old 6th Aug 2008 at 11:42 AM
Thank you!!!!You're great!
Mad Poster
#7 Old 6th Aug 2008 at 2:26 PM
i always wanted mk wii for my wii! thanks!

"When life gives you lemons, see the lemons, feels the lemons, BE THE LEMONS!"

Take a look-see, hmm...? Go on, click them:
The Super Mario Project, Nintendorks Island-Celebrating 2 Years Online!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 6th Aug 2008 at 2:53 PM
Thanks, but isn't it odd that Sims have to pay for a game we can get for free IRL?
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 6th Aug 2008 at 4:52 PM
thank you so much! as a serious gamer myself, i always thought it was so boring for them to have to play the same game over and over and over. and the animations are just not right for the sims 3 game, lol. thanks very much, i will definitely look forward to any more games you put out.
Test Subject
#10 Old 6th Aug 2008 at 5:47 PM
Hah, looks great! I love how Cloud is testing. ^__~
Field Researcher
#11 Old 6th Aug 2008 at 6:22 PM
Great idea! More variety for my gamer sims. When I finally get around to making a sim of my BF, he'll have his Counterstrike. Can't wait to see more.

"I always wanted to fly in strange machines"
The Attack Cat
retired moderator
#12 Old 6th Aug 2008 at 7:20 PM
Awseme Dude, Great Idea, I cant wait to try it. Good Job
Test Subject
#13 Old 6th Aug 2008 at 7:28 PM
Ok how the heck do you get the video files because I keep getting the big runaround from the site... I believe your mod would be great but when I can't get the video files then your mod will not work.
Please post some sort of instructions to get these files and avoid the frustration.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 6th Aug 2008 at 8:09 PM
No Madden, oh well...

Still, it's great to get more games. I'm sick of SSX3.

Anyway, if you want some video footage of some games I have KOTOR (I & II), Star Wars: Battlefront (I), Splinter Cell: Double Agent, and America's Army.
Test Subject
#15 Old 6th Aug 2008 at 10:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by film1962
Ok how the heck do you get the video files because I keep getting the big runaround from the site... I believe your mod would be great but when I can't get the video files then your mod will not work.
Please post some sort of instructions to get these files and avoid the frustration.

At the top of the page to the link that was given, there should be three letters that you need to type in. Type those letters as shown and hit "download". Once you get to the download page there will be 2 sections, premium and free. You have to wait 45 seconds for the free download to become available; the box will turn gray. After it turns grey, then click "free download" and it should start downloading.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 6th Aug 2008 at 11:58 PM
Tested all 3 games; they work fine, but the Wii.avi logo isn't working when I go to play Mario Kart.

I originally placed it in c/program files/EA games/sims 2/TSData/Res/Movies/Games/esrb and it was just flashing blue when I started it up.

After that, I tried placing it in My Documents/EA games/Sims 2/Movies/Games/esrb but it had the same result; flashing blue instead of showing the wii.avi clip.

So, am I doing something wrong? Can I just remove the wii.avi clip it play the game without it?

<('_'<) <('_')> (>'_')>
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 7th Aug 2008 at 6:11 PM
If I knew where to find the video files, I'd request Sonic 2. Always a good single (and multiplayer) game with graphics that shouldn't take TOO much space.

Also, excellent job on this! Us game freaks need more games for our sims!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 7th Aug 2008 at 7:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dunner1
Tested all 3 games; they work fine, but the Wii.avi logo isn't working when I go to play Mario Kart.

I originally placed it in c/program files/EA games/sims 2/TSData/Res/Movies/Games/esrb and it was just flashing blue when I started it up.

After that, I tried placing it in My Documents/EA games/Sims 2/Movies/Games/esrb but it had the same result; flashing blue instead of showing the wii.avi clip.

So, am I doing something wrong? Can I just remove the wii.avi clip it play the game without it?

My bad I left somthing small out of the readme:
Go to C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Movies\Games\INI and find the esrb configuration settings. Open it and under "broadcast" you should see something like:
"0=vgs_ea_games" go to where it ends like mine ended on 4.
So i added "5=vgs_wii"
do that, then scroll all the way to the bottom and add :
[vgs_wii]
IsGames=1
Folder=Games/esrb
File=wii.avi

it should work then. Sorry for that :D

IN YO FAYCE! =]
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 7th Aug 2008 at 8:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DAWUSS
No Madden, oh well...

Still, it's great to get more games. I'm sick of SSX3.

Anyway, if you want some video footage of some games I have KOTOR (I & II), Star Wars: Battlefront (I), Splinter Cell: Double Agent, and America's Army.

Oh sorry, I don't have any sports games right now. haha srry no madden.

Sure i'll take your videos, but are they in the right size and format? look in my |OTHER INFO| in my post to read about that.
I'm going to need any 3 games of the ones you listed. You choose, because the game rack ingame can only hold 3 games.

IN YO FAYCE! =]
Test Subject
#20 Old 7th Aug 2008 at 9:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bradleyl00
At the top of the page to the link that was given, there should be three letters that you need to type in. Type those letters as shown and hit "download". Once you get to the download page there will be 2 sections, premium and free. You have to wait 45 seconds for the free download to become available; the box will turn gray. After it turns grey, then click "free do wnload" and it should start downloading.

Thank you for giving me that info it worked!
Field Researcher
#21 Old 7th Aug 2008 at 9:54 PM
Just did the new test and everything seems fine.

Thanks again for these great games!

<('_'<) <('_')> (>'_')>
Test Subject
#22 Old 8th Aug 2008 at 9:54 AM
Dude! You still play Valve's Condition Zero? Awesome! So gonna download this!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 8th Aug 2008 at 7:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rebelpunked10
Dude! You still play Valve's Condition Zero? Awesome! So gonna download this!!

haha yea i do, my computer can't handle source lol. :D

IN YO FAYCE! =]
Test Subject
#24 Old 8th Aug 2008 at 11:29 PM
Say, I have a question (Request rather), are you gonna make some type of GTA games? I'd be happy to try that on my sim!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 9th Aug 2008 at 12:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rebelpunked10
Say, I have a question (Request rather), are you gonna make some type of GTA games? I'd be happy to try that on my sim!

haha thats my next project. I have gta sa.

IN YO FAYCE! =]
Page 1 of 6