Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Nintendo Wii-fully functional in 6 colors with Controllers!

by Rapsheba555 Posted 10th Jul 2008 at 9:39 PM - Updated 14th May 2009 at 5:00 AM by Rapsheba555 : confuzzled

97 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 78 Feedback Posts, 18 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Field Researcher
#2 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 2:01 PM
Awesome. Thanks!!

(Just to clarify, I need both the wii download and the controller download, right?)
Test Subject
#3 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 2:04 PM
I love this!! Now my sim can play Wii just like I do. Haha! Thanks so much!!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 2:41 PM
Wow, It looks good. .
Test Subject
#5 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 2:44 PM
thx but it crashed my game
Field Researcher
#6 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 2:55 PM
Great! Thank you!
Test Subject
#7 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 5:19 PM
Is the controller part of the mesh :S
??? confused but thanks this is great!

Lots o' luv + sugar...
Test Subject
#8 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 5:39 PM
a little confusing about WHAT TO DOWNLOAD but it's pretty amazing otherwise.
Great job !
Forum Resident
#9 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 5:43 PM
Thanks! My Sims have wanted a Wii for some time. ;o)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 8:16 PM Last edited by Rapsheba555 : 14th Jul 2008 at 9:10 PM.
You need a wii mesh, and the controller mesh if you want it. Otherwise you'll have the maxis controller.

noufth: please tell me what happened, and be specific.

Edit: You can just get all the files in the wiicollection file. That includes the wiis and the controller.

"When life gives you lemons, see the lemons, feels the lemons, BE THE LEMONS!"

Take a look-see, hmm...? Go on, click them:
The Super Mario Project, Nintendorks Island-Celebrating 2 Years Online!
Instructor
#11 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 8:17 PM
Thank you a lot! I loooove the Wii and I'm glad my Sims will be able to play it! ^^
Field Researcher
#12 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 8:32 PM
...I love you. End of story. D:<
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 8:45 PM
Will this increase game enthusiasm for people with FT?
Test Subject
#14 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 8:57 PM
I downloaded it earlier and my game crashed too :O
at first, the game seemed to load correctly
but when it reached the blue screen (the one with the squares and the loading bar..)
the game just stopped and returned me to my Desktop
I really don't know if it's normal XD

noufth: did it do the same thing to you ??
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#15 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 9:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ang41187
Will this increase game enthusiasm for people with FT?

Yes.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#16 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 9:06 PM
Niemand/noufth: I'm not really sure what's happening, this hasn't happened to me ever. I've had that return to desktop thing happen with another person's cc, but not this one. I don't think it's "Crashing" per se, I think it's just conflicting. It may be a custom content conflict. If anyone more experienced than me would like to help here, please do.

Test Subject
#17 Old 15th Jul 2008 at 12:04 AM Last edited by sarsgarrs : 15th Jul 2008 at 12:05 AM. Reason: add more info
yes my game crashed errored as well. but great work otherwise.
also i don't think custom content conflicting is the problem because i got rid of all the other custom stuff just to make sure and it still crashed.

im sad now because the other wii on mts2 didn't show up for me either.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 15th Jul 2008 at 12:54 AM
Awesome!! Downloading now...btw, I think Numenor made the game console recolorable with the new CEP, so you can now do recolors w/o having to make each one a separate object.

Now if only I could get the Xbox 360 & PS3 I downloaded to increase game enthusiasm, I'd be set.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#19 Old 15th Jul 2008 at 1:30 AM Last edited by Rapsheba555 : 15th Jul 2008 at 1:52 AM.
Oh, I think i know what it is, what ep's do you guys have? *goes off to check.....* you guys don't have freetime!!! That's it! (I think...) I think maxis had to update the maxis game simulator for freetime, and since none of you have it, and I do, I think the game can't read the coding for the adding of enthusiasm. That's why it's crashing. Either I change this so that it doesn't require freetime, which removes the enthusiasm, you guys get freetime, or I update the download to say it requires freetime.

Edit: Please note: this download now requires freetime.

#20 Old 15th Jul 2008 at 3:51 AM
If you want one that don't require freetime and don't crash your game, go to ogulorama.com and download that one. It even looks better :D
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#21 Old 15th Jul 2008 at 4:03 AM Last edited by Rapsheba555 : 15th Jul 2008 at 4:29 AM.
Please do not advertise other people's downloads on my threads. And this one does not crash people's games. I just was not aware of the fact that maxis had changed the programming for the maxis game simulator. It is better meshed, and works just fine. And DO NOT EVER say that anyone's download is better than anyone else's unless it's your thread. It's rude and inconsiderate. I'm not saying mine is better either, I'm just saying people came here to download mine, and it's rude of you to say, "Oh, this one sucks, here, go get this one instead."

Forum Resident
#22 Old 15th Jul 2008 at 5:05 AM
I think the problem is that while the Maxis gaming system (the one you cloned from) nominally doesn't require more than the base game, you're running with SimPE version 0.66 with FT installed, which adds all the FT BHAVs, BCONs, global overrides, etc. Since FT changes the core game (it adds enthusiasm) logically all the resources of any object that generates enthusiasm would be affected. Making an earlier version would make it base-game compatible, but it would lose all the enthusiasm globals.

It's a really nice mesh and the texturing is beyond excellent. Nice work.

All the thread-jackers and would-be upload police: Get a life.

I'm no longer active here. My latest creations can be found here:

https://blueheavensims.wordpress.com
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#23 Old 15th Jul 2008 at 7:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jasonduskey
I think the problem is that while the Maxis gaming system (the one you cloned from) nominally doesn't require more than the base game, you're running with SimPE version 0.66 with FT installed, which adds all the FT BHAVs, BCONs, global overrides, etc. Since FT changes the core game (it adds enthusiasm) logically all the resources of any object that generates enthusiasm would be affected. Making an earlier version would make it base-game compatible, but it would lose all the enthusiasm globals.

It's a really nice mesh and the texturing is beyond excellent. Nice work.

All the thread-jackers and would-be upload police: Get a life.

Yeah, that's basically what I'm getting at. I think it's basically just a bhav issue here, but I'm probably not going to make another version. It'd be more work than I have time for. Thank you by the way, for the compliment and for agreeing with me. I appreciate it.

Field Researcher
#24 Old 15th Jul 2008 at 6:40 PM
I'm curious as to why you went the route of making the controller a default replacement. I know custom controllers can be done and be separate from Maxis's, as I've had other custom consoles in my game for ages. And I'll be honest--I'm not even going to download yours for that reason. If I want them to use a Wiimote, I'd have put the Wii in their house, not the Maxis game simulator.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#25 Old 15th Jul 2008 at 8:53 PM
Well, when i made it non-default there were some, err, odd...reactions. Stuff seemed to stop working right. Until I could fix those, I wasn't about to upload a faulty non-default controller. When I get it fixed i will update this with the non-default one.

Page 1 of 4