Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Ocean Jewel Eyes - 10 seaworthy colors! *Updated 8.14.08*

by dollinthemachine Posted 29th Jun 2008 at 10:44 PM - Updated 22nd Dec 2009 at 11:00 AM by dollinthemachine : Added additional colors

19 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 18 Feedback Posts
Not actually evil.
#2 Old 30th Jun 2008 at 12:58 AM
Love the names. Very pretty eyes and overall presentation. If only I could be as good with photoshop, sigh. Are the normal colored ones binned? Any chance of making the red ones into vampire eyes? Not really a request, might do it myself, but if you're already going to, no reason for me to do it.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Jun 2008 at 1:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatOfEvilGenius
Love the names. Very pretty eyes and overall presentation. If only I could be as good with photoshop, sigh. Are the normal colored ones binned? Any chance of making the red ones into vampire eyes? Not really a request, might do it myself, but if you're already going to, no reason for me to do it.

Thank you! Since I'm on a Mac I don't have access to SimPE or lots of other great tools but I had fun making these eyes in Photoshop. They're not binned and if you'd like to make the red ones into vampire eyes, please do!

I think the red ones would make great vamp eyes but I don't think I'll ever get around to making them myself.
Instructor
#4 Old 30th Jun 2008 at 3:38 AM
These are beautiful! I love the textures and shine. Are you planning on making more colors (particularly more natural ones, or darker shades) in the future? I love these, so I'd like to see more with the same texture and shine. Either way, thanks so much for sharing this lovely set.
Instructor
#5 Old 30th Jun 2008 at 3:45 AM
I don't download items for bodyshop, and I rarely click on posts for eye or lip colors, but this post had me intrigued. Wonderful presentation! I love the name of your thread and the screenshots/thumbnails are great as well! Great job! Very cool!
Not actually evil.
#6 Old 30th Jun 2008 at 4:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dollinthemachine
Thank you! Since I'm on a Mac I don't have access to SimPE or lots of other great tools
Awww. I just looked and you're right, there's no Mac version of SimPE. It requires MS .NET so I see why. Meh. If you *really* wanted to use SimPE, you could make your Mac dual boot and install Vista (shudder!) on a different partition, but I sure wouldn't blame you if you don't want to do that. I don't know of any Mac tools just for binning eyes / hair.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 30th Jun 2008 at 5:45 AM
I LOVE these. I think they'd be awesome as defaults too.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 30th Jun 2008 at 1:11 PM
They're gorgeous! Sea foam is my fave one! it looks wonderful on your model!
Field Researcher
#9 Old 30th Jun 2008 at 1:59 PM
These are gorgeous. Thank you so much!

"Cant sleep... Clowns will eat me." -- Bart Simpson
Alchemist
#10 Old 30th Jun 2008 at 2:30 PM
Romantic jolly mariner eyes! Hoho, and a barrel of rum! Thanks,
Test Subject
#11 Old 30th Jun 2008 at 3:02 PM
wow, these are amazing! I like the sea foam and ocean mist eyes best!! And it's cool to find a fellow sims 2 mac user :-) I didn't know that bit about SimPE not being available for macs, but now I do. :D
Field Researcher
#12 Old 30th Jun 2008 at 4:56 PM
Wow! Just...wow! These are stunning. All the colors are beautiful and you put an awesome presentation together. I love it when people go that extra step to make their presentations awesome. Shows me they really care about their work. The names are very cool. I love what you did with them. Yet another thing I like to see people do with their uploads. And your model is simply gorgeous! Thank you so so much
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 30th Jun 2008 at 5:58 PM
Very good first upload, I'm gonna using these right away , especially the 'Ocean Mist' pair, since I've got a sim right in my mind for going with these ^_^!
So, thank you very much for these, they're really gorgeous !
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 30th Jun 2008 at 7:20 PM
Thanks so much for all the positive feedback everyone! I really appreciate it and I hope you enjoy using them in your own game.

snspinelli - I was working on some more subtle green and brown shades but decided to limit the number of eyes to eight. Maybe I'll upload the others later on if you'd like me to.

CatOfEvilGenius - Not having easy access to programs like SimPE, HomeCrafter, CleanInstaller, etc. is the bane of my existence but I've been trying to work around it. I really wish some creative individual would adapt these great tools for Mac users but I've been looking into running Bootcamp on my Mac so I could use some of these programs. I need to install Mac's Leopard operating system though to use Bootcamp and I've been avoiding it due to the bad feedback it's gotten from other Mac users I know. Hopefully I'll get over my fears of a new operating system soon! On the other hand... I wish I could afford a PC just for my gaming needs.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 30th Jun 2008 at 9:42 PM
Thanks so much for the great eye colors! I've been looking for a briliantly sharp green for AGES. I also like the lovely names! Great job for your first try, too! I know that I didn't do a very good job, but I'm still working on it...

Um...gotta stop typing, cause my cat is walking across the keyboard. Get off the scacebar!!!

This website is in need of an evil cat smiley.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 1st Jul 2008 at 5:13 AM
very beautiful eyes,thank yor for sharing.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 1st Jul 2008 at 8:12 AM
these are so beautiful! thank you so much!
Test Subject
#18 Old 1st Jul 2008 at 3:45 PM
cool! hey do you remember where you got that font from?

Living is a waste of breathing,
and dying is a waste of death...

If you jump, then I will jump too, we'll fall together...
Test Subject
#19 Old 2nd Jul 2008 at 11:11 AM
I love these eyes.
Sadly I can't download them as I do not have WinRar.
please, if you can, make these into zip files.
Brill colours by the way
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 2nd Jul 2008 at 7:43 PM Last edited by dollinthemachine : 14th Aug 2008 at 7:44 AM.
Thanks for the feedback everyone!

PsychoBunny - I get almost all my fonts at dafont so it probably came from there.

Xajemm - I uploaded a rar file. Why can't you download zip files? I'm on a Mac and with a Firefox or Safari browser and the latest version of basic (free) Stuffit Expander you can open zip files easily and without any problems.