Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Tomboy Mod!

by katyjane Posted 20th Jun 2008 at 2:43 AM - Updated 9th Sep 2008 at 1:41 AM by katyjane

33 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 25 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 2:09 PM
very cute...this will come in handy!
Field Researcher
#3 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 2:55 PM
Great idea & Great job!
Thanks-
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 3:06 PM
Does this work with freetime
Test Subject
#5 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 3:28 PM
If i have all the expansions and want all of the tomboys cloth should i download all three files or just the seasons one?
Anyways awasome Mod Have alot of tomboys so this is just prefect :D
Field Researcher
#6 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 5:13 PM
My heart skipped a beat, congos and best wishes on beating up gender stereotypes. While I congratulate Maxis at some level their fairly liberal gender policy sometimes it gets very normal. I have a niece who has always worn boy’s clothes and even now at 18 you would have to hog tie her to wear a dress.

Facts are meaningless they can be used to prove anything
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 8:06 PM
How cute!! I had a little tomboy in my game who just begged for boy clothes. I tried setting the FEMALE flag to MALE in SimPE because I thought that might do the trick but I was wrong, but she still had to wear girl's clothes. Unfortunately she's a teen now, and has had to get used to wearing girl's clothes whether she likes it or not. *L* She's still a tomboy, though!

| Bookworm | Family-Oriented | Good | Hopeless Romantic | Loner |
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 10:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kenny
If i have all the expansions and want all of the tomboys cloth should i download all three files or just the seasons one?
Anyways awasome Mod Have alot of tomboys so this is just prefect :D

You'd have to download all three. Sorry I wasn't more clear on that.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 10:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by liverbird
Does this work with freetime

It should unlock the basegame, seasons, and OFB stuff but it won't unlock the freetime clothing, I don't have free time so I can't say for sure.
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 21st Jun 2008 at 2:54 AM
Oh this is just awesome! I didn't understand why maxis did this in the first place!

Test Subject
#11 Old 21st Jun 2008 at 6:41 AM
Congratulatuions, that was a great idea! Couldn't you do the same the other way round, as to say unlock girls clothes for boys? Then you would have really beaten up gender stereotypes. You would make some boys very very happy.
Test Subject
#12 Old 21st Jun 2008 at 10:39 AM
Lol, I agree with JoergBT - you should do it for girls clothes for boys too :D
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 21st Jun 2008 at 4:18 PM
Oh, brilliant! Thank you

do the ska
Test Subject
#14 Old 22nd Jun 2008 at 4:12 PM
oh, man, I didn't even think about having tomboy sims until now! But I think I might have almost every female child be a tomboy, this rules! and I do agree, boys being able to wear girls cloths would be pretty neat as well.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 22nd Jun 2008 at 4:25 PM
I can't thank you enough!!! This is wonderful!!!!

Have you thought of making one for the shorts in freetime and such too??

Thanks again. I am soooooooooo gonna love this!!
Test Subject
#16 Old 23rd Jun 2008 at 5:41 PM
I aggree could you make a reverse version of this that would be funny
Test Subject
#17 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 2:02 AM
I think letting boys wear girls clothes would be awesome!
Test Subject
#18 Old 27th Jun 2008 at 9:23 AM
You HAVE to do this with the rest of the ages, I beg you! And as mentioned above, please do a reverse mod for the boys. It would be awesome!
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 5th Oct 2008 at 3:33 AM Last edited by kentuckyfriedsims : 5th Oct 2008 at 3:35 AM. Reason: messed up.
Thank You!
Thank you so much! Ive been waiting for this sense The Sims 2 came out, I am a tomboy myself and I hated that I couldn't make my girl Sims into tomboys too, this will help big time, now all I need are some for teen girls too and maybe adult woman too, thanks again

Be A Leader Not A Follower, Live Outside The Box!
Test Subject
#20 Old 27th Mar 2009 at 11:18 PM
you are super awesome for this... i can now at least make a true to form chil version of myself... thanks so much... hopefully this will pick up and expand in age groups and content ^_^
Test Subject
#21 Old 4th May 2009 at 2:08 PM
Thank you very much..but i need it for Bon Voyage.please help me!!
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 11:14 AM Last edited by k24601 : 17th Jun 2009 at 10:46 PM.
Thanks, it always makes me mad when people make certain clothes in games available only to males or...sometimes, the opposite is true and certain kinds of clothes are only usable for the females. I prefer pants over skirts and dresses and so do most of my female sims. Another vote for a "stuff from the girls clothes for the boys and other ages" here as well.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 12th Oct 2009 at 12:56 AM
Oh how I love this. I agree with others who posted that it would be great to have more of the clothing options that Maxis decided to gender available to all. As a Mac user (no SimPE) I am always grateful when others convert clothing, since I can't do it for myself. Thanks so much!
Test Subject
#24 Old 6th Nov 2009 at 2:10 PM
can it work for teen or adult?
Test Subject
#25 Old 13th Dec 2009 at 6:13 PM Last edited by vampyra1 : 13th Dec 2009 at 6:20 PM. Reason: noticed some typo's
you can get boys to wear skirts and dress's etc, it's easy to do, but long-winded
for example if you wanted to turn the fairy outfit in a boys outfit you'll need to do the following
first need to save the outfit as a project (call it fairy for example), then import it back into the game (close bodyshop).
open SimPE and load the file, it'll be stored in the saved sims folder,
click on property set (left hand side of screen),
then the name of the file on the right hand side of the screen, that brings up the cpf editor
look for gender(dtUInteger) = 0x00000001, click on that, in the bottom right there's a box says value, 0x00000001 will be underneath
change the 1 to a 3 and click the commit button, then save.

when you next load up bodyshop or the sims the fairy outfit will appear as a boys outfit.

the only drawback is you can only do 1 outfit at a time, but it will work regardless of the age of the sim or outfit so you could have a teenage boy walking around in his sisters clothes.

if the sim is older the a child you may notice a size difference with some parts, the most common being the male head being to big for the female body, but if you can live with it you may not even notice it.

as for children, toddlers and babies here are no problems since all the mash's are the same size for both genders.

***Note using SimPE to change the gender of clothes will work on outfits you've downloaded, if you know the name of the file, but if you do decide to start messing around with other peoples creations they may get annoyed if they find out.

sorry about the length
Page 1 of 2