Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Full Sized Double Bed for Toddlers - Testers Wanted

by rebecah Posted 1st Aug 2007 at 5:50 PM - Updated 12th Sep 2009 at 6:46 PM by -Maylin-

24 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 23 Feedback Posts
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 1st Aug 2007 at 6:11 PM
I love this one! THank you . I love this idea for the beds also, it's great! =]]
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#3 Old 1st Aug 2007 at 6:27 PM
Silly question, but does it still work for adults?
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Aug 2007 at 6:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
Silly question, but does it still work for adults?

Oh yes sorry I should have made some pic's with adults too.
Space Pony
#5 Old 1st Aug 2007 at 11:18 PM
Oh WOW - you are fast as lightening Rebecah ! Thank you sooo sooo much for taking that request - love it :lovestruc Can´t wait to have a look at it in my game ! *hyper*

Many thanx again - you made my day !

Silvi
Field Researcher
#6 Old 2nd Aug 2007 at 7:27 AM
Very nice rebecah!!
Test Subject
#7 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 12:26 AM
omg! i love this! too bad it's not avail for any other eps! great work.

[COLOR=Magenta]i am perfectly imperfect.[/COLOR]
Alchemist
#8 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 1:18 PM
Lovely! Maybe you will do one from basegame?

I understand if that won't work out - i know I've been trying your other versions without success.

It's a really nice bed, and a wonderful idea.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 2:19 PM
would it be at all possible to make this a hack for all beds (just a question, not necessarily a request)? this is adorable. i love your toddler stuff. Thanks!
Scholar
Original Poster
#10 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 2:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by musiquefille
would it be at all possible to make this a hack for all beds (just a question, not necessarily a request)? this is adorable. i love your toddler stuff. Thanks!

I did try maybe someone else with more experience could create one. It seems the bed doesn't use the pie menu as a global item and I need that in order to allow the toddlers to use the bed.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 10:27 PM
This is brilliant! Especially since it allows toddlers to jump on beds. Apparently, when I was a toddler, I jumped on my parents bed so much, that I actually broke it. Anyway, small kids love to sleep in the big bed with their parents, it's like some sort of right of passage or something. Thanks for adding another dimension of realism to the game!
Scholar
#12 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 11:03 AM
I know this work is still in progress and I haven't tested the toddlers bed yet, but I did notice with the normal beds, Adults are bleeding thur the blankets, and its effected all the default maxis beds in some way, im unsure if its the single or doublebed thats causing this also also.

But if this can't be fixed I understand, this is the price you must pay if you want a normal toddler bed.
Scholar
Original Poster
#13 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 3:02 PM Last edited by rebecah : 4th Aug 2007 at 5:38 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
I know this work is still in progress and I haven't tested the toddlers bed yet, but I did notice with the normal beds, Adults are bleeding thur the blankets, and its effected all the default maxis beds in some way, im unsure if its the single or doublebed thats causing this also also.

But if this can't be fixed I understand, this is the price you must pay if you want a normal toddler bed.

I will check to see why it would do this. Thanks for your report.

I'm not sure why this isn't doing this for me in the regular sims game but is does do this in the Life Stories and Pet Stories. I doubled checks all of my beds and none of them use anything global. The only thing I can think to do it convert more beds to be usable by toddlers. I would think that would elimate the problem.

Does anyone want more beds made to use these options? If so which ones would you like to see done first?

I did find that one of the no ep versions had an global modification for animations. I posted a fix for this here:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...708#post1725708
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 14th Aug 2007 at 3:23 AM
Just so you know, my adults and teens are also bleeding thur the blankets.
Scholar
Original Poster
#15 Old 14th Aug 2007 at 4:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bs624
Just so you know, my adults and teens are also bleeding thur the blankets.

On all your beds or just this one? This one I am not able to change, it's really ment more for toddlers. I don't however want all other beds to not work correctly and if you have a copy of my NoEp version for the country bed there is an update as I posted in the message just prior to your message.
Test Subject
#16 Old 16th Aug 2007 at 11:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rebecah
On all your beds or just this one? This one I am not able to change, it's really ment more for toddlers. I don't however want all other beds to not work correctly and if you have a copy of my NoEp version for the country bed there is an update as I posted in the message just prior to your message.

it is doing the same thing to me too, it is happening on all of my beds, maxis and custom. but it doesn't affect children...

All we are, all we are, is bullets I mean this....
Scholar
Original Poster
#17 Old 16th Aug 2007 at 11:58 PM Last edited by rebecah : 17th Aug 2007 at 12:08 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by ImNotOkay1012
it is doing the same thing to me too, it is happening on all of my beds, maxis and custom. but it doesn't affect children...

Please see updates!

http://www.modthesims2.com/journal....owjournal&j=539

Please do not post issues that have been updated and taken care of. It may confuse others...Please.

Just to be clear this is not the bed that caused that issue. It is the bed found under my update information.

If you use this bed only for adults and teen they will bleed through bedding, it does not however cause adults to bleed through on other maxis beds, there is no way around this problem in order for the bedding to work for toddlers.
Test Subject
#18 Old 22nd Aug 2007 at 8:46 AM
Was not sure which link to go to on your journal page so I clicked a few I thought might be the bed in question (I am also having adults, etc. bleed through all other beds) however, the links do not work - I get the "page cannot be displayed" message.
Also, how do the toddlers get into the bed. Clicking on the pie menu doesn't seem to work. I still love all your creations and hope this can get worked out. I want my toddlers to jump on the bed.
Thanks Rebecah for the fun creations.
Scholar
Original Poster
#19 Old 23rd Aug 2007 at 12:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rthig50
Was not sure which link to go to on your journal page so I clicked a few I thought might be the bed in question (I am also having adults, etc. bleed through all other beds) however, the links do not work - I get the "page cannot be displayed" message.
Also, how do the toddlers get into the bed. Clicking on the pie menu doesn't seem to work. I still love all your creations and hope this can get worked out. I want my toddlers to jump on the bed.
Thanks Rebecah for the fun creations.

Thanks for letting me know my links aren't working in my journal. I didn't realize it. The bed I did wrong is here:
http://www.modthesims2.com/creator/...ad.php?t=242000

If you replace your old version this should fix the problems. Be sure to let me know if it does not.

To get them to jump one the bed you do need to have some EP's and boolprop testingcheatsenabled true. They will go to bed on their own and you can direct them to go to bed through the pie menu.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 23rd Aug 2007 at 11:53 AM
Superb animation (Full Sized Double Bed for Toddlers) but pertube the other beds of Maxis, on the level of the covers which move and is closed badly.
On the other hand not of problem with the individual version .
friendships
Banned
#21 Old 8th Sep 2007 at 2:28 AM
Q.Q this kild my baby plant sim damnit
Test Subject
#22 Old 23rd Nov 2007 at 5:35 AM
Was just wondering...do they just bleed into the bed while getting in and out? if so that don't really bother me, once I have an answer I'll make a decision on which to download...I think this one's better.
Scholar
Original Poster
#23 Old 23rd Nov 2007 at 7:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DarkenedAuras
Was just wondering...do they just bleed into the bed while getting in and out? if so that don't really bother me, once I have an answer I'll make a decision on which to download...I think this one's better.

Actually with this version they do not bleed through the bedding at all. There was only a problem with one I'd created for people without Pets. I have since fixed that problem.
Scholar
#24 Old 4th Feb 2008 at 9:45 PM
YeY! Now My Sims Can Sleep With Their Babies! Thanks So Much!

Hello, I'm Tiya Marie :)
I Hope You Dance!
Test Subject
#25 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 3:49 AM
Thank you so much! This is the perfect bed for promoting co-sleep! I am in love with all your objects, especially your fabulous toddler beds. Thanks so much for putting all this effort into these items for us!