Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

More flexible neighbourhood camera

by Crazyfoolgaf Posted 15th Jun 2007 at 11:10 PM - Updated 31st Aug 2008 at 11:39 PM by Crazyfoolgaf

40 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 36 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 15th Jun 2007 at 11:23 PM Last edited by Stormwench : 15th Jun 2007 at 11:30 PM.
This contains .doc files and not .txt, the docs will not work in the config area. I actually believe that Gunmod's camera replacements (http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...485#post1685485) are a much safer way to go, does not involve config changes and a failsafe - but just add some files to the camera files and change some of the maxis camera.txt (easily copying in a backup and deleting the added files to go back to the maxis cameras in your camera directory. Even if the user changes the .doc to .txt this is not a reprogrammed camera (as in the camera directory) but an overall game config change - something I prefer to avoid.
Instructor
#3 Old 15th Jun 2007 at 11:30 PM
i read the instructions and it's easy to sort out.

Please dont upload my creations to paysites.
But please feel free to use
ANY other way you like

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th Jun 2007 at 11:34 PM
Perhaps you misunderstood my instructions (or mabey I misunderstood what you said )
but what I meant was for people to copy and paste the text from the doc. file into the original NeighbourhoodCamera txt. file.

I did not want you to rename the doc file and replace the txt file with it. But from now on I'll do my scripting in the same format the the original script is on.

Thanks for the heads up though
Field Researcher
#5 Old 16th Jun 2007 at 4:02 AM
How is this different from GunMod's camera changer-thingy? I'm not being snotty, by the way. I'm truly curious about how this differs from something that already exists and works pretty darned well.

is it can be sims tiem now plees?
Theorist
#6 Old 16th Jun 2007 at 9:09 AM
This one, If I'm right
Is Less Complex than Gun-mods.
Insted of haveing 100% Free View and haveing the Ugly Sky you have the Maxis Camera PLUS the ERxtended views. Good in My Case, But I'm (Sorry) Gonna Stick to Gun-mod's As Its just Too Helpful for My neighbourhood Createing.
Thanks though, Now ther's more choise over the Camera mods.
:D

PETCHY14

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 18th Jun 2007 at 1:28 AM
I love this!! Thanks!

Save the earth, its the only planet with chocolate.
Test Subject
#8 Old 18th Jun 2007 at 5:36 PM
It looks to me as though you only changed the constraints of the neighbourhood borders. Which, though useful, should be accompanied by something like different pitch and zoom parameters as well. If that was the only change that you were going to make, you might as well have just told us to copy & paste that line into our txt instead of going throught the whole rigamarole of uploading 3 RARed files.

Also, the format of your file should have included the "failsafe" document as simply NeighborhoodCamera.txt as the backup, and the instructions were probably best left on the thread so that no one was surprised by the archive's contents, and of course to save MTS2 some server & bandwidth space

Despite how critical I may sound above, I was glad to get a closer look at the neighbourhood camera file to see how it worked, and I'll still use your version, as I do want more space in my neighbourhoods. I'm also going to look up others, though, and copy and paste different lines in order to get what I want.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 19th Jun 2007 at 5:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by quix
It looks to me as though you only changed the constraints of the neighbourhood borders. Which, though useful, should be accompanied by something like different pitch and zoom parameters as well. If that was the only change that you were going to make, you might as well have just told us to copy & paste that line into our txt instead of going throught the whole rigamarole of uploading 3 RARed files.

Also, the format of your file should have included the "failsafe" document as simply NeighborhoodCamera.txt as the backup, and the instructions were probably best left on the thread so that no one was surprised by the archive's contents, and of course to save MTS2 some server & bandwidth space

Despite how critical I may sound above, I was glad to get a closer look at the neighbourhood camera file to see how it worked, and I'll still use your version, as I do want more space in my neighbourhoods. I'm also going to look up others, though, and copy and paste different lines in order to get what I want.

I actually tried to edit the pitch and zoom but neither worked .

Still, I will try again. Also, I think I might just take your other ideas on board too.......hmm....well, thanks.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 19th Jun 2007 at 5:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FionaSkye
How is this different from GunMod's camera changer-thingy? I'm not being snotty, by the way. I'm truly curious about how this differs from something that already exists and works pretty darned well.

I did'nt actually know that GunMod's camera existed, but Ive been told by several people that mine is more user-friendly than Gunmods one.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 20th Jun 2007 at 2:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bryan1041
Thanks!This is great!But one question,does this camera show that black area under the neighborhood template?I tried GunMod's one time and it did that.I just can't stand that black part under it!

Not a lot of it, but a little, just enough to ensure that you still have full view over the terrain.
Theorist
#12 Old 21st Jun 2007 at 12:12 AM
Thank you so much for this I love you lol
Test Subject
#13 Old 25th Jun 2007 at 1:55 AM
Hey I wanna ask U something...I have the 5 Ep's and when I play the game it doesn't appear the buttons in blue color ( the buttons of expansions) and I can't play the expansions together...what's wrong???
Thank U
Test Subject
#14 Old 25th Jun 2007 at 5:01 AM
Simple and easy to use Thank you
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 25th Jun 2007 at 9:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alexa_volkova
Hey I wanna ask U something...I have the 5 Ep's and when I play the game it doesn't appear the buttons in blue color ( the buttons of expansions) and I can't play the expansions together...what's wrong???
Thank U

I really don't think the mod is responsible for that, sorry but i can't help you.
Test Subject
#16 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 10:38 AM
I'm not talkin about the mod...is just that I have the 5 eps installed and I've never played it together and I wanted 2 know how can I do it?....there's nothing bab with your mod.
Test Subject
#17 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 10:40 AM
there's nothing bad with ur mod
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 10:57 AM
I found this config mod easy to use & perfectly user-friendly when reading the accompanying documents. Works like a charm. Thank you!

Purzion
*Happily Addicted To Sims 4*
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 7:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alexa_volkova
I'm not talkin about the mod...is just that I have the 5 eps installed and I've never played it together and I wanted 2 know how can I do it?....there's nothing bab with your mod.

Ohh, I see

Hmm..... I still honestly can't think why thats happening, Try looking in your options menu on neighbourhood view or download a few patches and see if that helps.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 27th Jun 2007 at 9:16 PM
Thanks! I found this to be very easy to use and I love it.
Test Subject
#21 Old 4th Jul 2007 at 4:26 AM
oh i hate how annoying the camera angle is i could use this for sure
Scholar
#22 Old 17th Jul 2007 at 1:57 AM
dose this mod effect the water level? cuz all the camera mod out ther raise the weater level ot insane amounts flodding my hoods......will this do that?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 18th Jul 2007 at 12:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sim~obsessor
dose this mod effect the water level? cuz all the camera mod out ther raise the weater level ot insane amounts flodding my hoods......will this do that?

Absolutely not! My mod edits the camera only, so don't worry, its not an evil scheme to drown your sims.
Test Subject
#24 Old 10th Aug 2007 at 10:16 AM
oooh...*this* is what I have been waiting for...
thanx a million - for creating and sharing!!!
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 12th Aug 2007 at 1:56 AM
I am a little confused on how to use this. I have tired GunMods, and was not satisfied with it. But anyways I downloaded the file and when I opened it there were 3 word docs in there, one with instructions, I read them... Then I opened the Camera const. file. Now am I suppose to copy and paste that info from that folder into my camera folder (after I delete the maxis one) cause I tried that and it is not letting me. I am no where near computer literate, so could you please help me?

Thanks
Page 1 of 2