Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Recolours of free Peggy hair 0198 - *colour binned*

by Wednesday17 Posted 6th May 2007 at 7:52 PM

20 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 19 Feedback Posts
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 7th May 2007 at 7:13 PM
Love these Any chance you could do a dark purple, a dark brown and a more gingery red recolours?
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 7th May 2007 at 7:44 PM
Nice and shiny!

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Field Researcher
#4 Old 7th May 2007 at 8:47 PM
Thanks so much! I really hate the Peggy's bluish-dark color :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th May 2007 at 9:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by oph3lia
Love these Any chance you could do a dark purple, a dark brown and a more gingery red recolours?

No problem. I'd just like some more specific colour names, especially for the red, there are so many tones! Maybe you could visit this page, scroll far down and find some colours you would like.

And I'll wait another one or two days, if there are more requests. Also, I have another project right now and don't want to mix them up. Look out for that project, it's a very cute hair and lots of recolours. I'll finish and upload it soon.

Quote: Originally posted by RaspingAgus
Thanks so much! I really hate the Peggy's bluish-dark color

Well... I can't do much about their newest free hair: it looks like there's no blue hue this time... how 'bout that?
But anyway, the meshes are just great, if I had to point out my most favourite hair, at least some of them were Peggy's.
Test Subject
#6 Old 8th May 2007 at 1:41 AM
I actually just downloaded this set the other day. These recolors are beautiful!

You've been thanked. :D
Test Subject
#7 Old 9th May 2007 at 12:31 AM
which peggy mesh?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 9th May 2007 at 12:46 PM
0198, as it says in the title.
Sorry for not linking directly to the mesh, but Peggy policy forbids direct links.
But it ist still on the main site updates, the third from the left in the free hair row.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 9th May 2007 at 1:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Wednesday17
No problem. I'd just like some more specific colour names, especially for the red, there are so many tones! Maybe you could visit this page, scroll far down and find some colours you would like.

Sienna3 for the gingery red, saddlebrown for the brown and this >> for the purple. Thanks
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 9th May 2007 at 8:22 PM
Lovely recolors. I agree that removing the blue makes black hair better.

In my experience, real red hair is very difficult to sim accurately. So I invite you to do a recolor of the shade on the attached pic. (The shade, not the style) It's lovely hair, but a bugger to reproduce.

-- Mal
Screenshots

"Of two choices, I always take the third."
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 9th May 2007 at 9:41 PM Last edited by Wednesday17 : 9th May 2007 at 11:58 PM.
Oookaayy, that invitation sounded more like a challenge. :D
But I'll try, cos challenge is not a bad thing. Too bad that I see so little of the actual hair...
Something like that, maybe? I made some different shades for the different parts of the head. The curly mesh isn't the best one for this, though. But... is it at least somewhere near the actual haircolour?
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 10th May 2007 at 1:00 AM
Are these the colours you wanted, oph3lia?
The brown is a lot darker than the colour you picked, else it wouldn't have been any different from the brown I alreday made. The red looks quite artificial, but I tried to be true to the sienna3.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 10th May 2007 at 6:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Wednesday17
Are these the colours you wanted, oph3lia?
The brown is a lot darker than the colour you picked, else it wouldn't have been any different from the brown I alreday made. The red looks quite artificial, but I tried to be true to the sienna3.

Those are great, thank you
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 13th May 2007 at 2:33 PM
You can find your requests now here.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 16th May 2007 at 6:57 AM Last edited by malthaussen : 16th May 2007 at 7:05 AM.
I've been offline for the past week, so I apologize for the delay in responding. The red hair is very good. I find that when I try to do reds, they either get kind of muddy and undefined, or brassy and harsh looking. Yours might be a bit harsher than the model's, but overall I'd say, yes, pretty close. One of the hard things about light-colored hair is the transitions from lighter to darker shades without looking streaky and artificial. You've done that very well.

I agree this is not the best mesh for that color (in the game, I have her using the default Maxis longhair mesh, alpha-edited). But it's nice hair as it is, and I wanted a good bitmap to copy/paste to other hairstyles. (I pirate a lot of stuff this way to use in my game; naturally I don't upload it anywhere)

Incidentally, the red you did for Oph3lia is actually quite close to my own hair, or rather what my hair looked like 20 years ago. So it's really not artificial-looking!

All-in-all, I like it. Thanks for the work.

-- Mal

(postscriptum: I notice your Sim model bears a slight resemblance to the picture, especially around the eyes. With only that one pic to work from, that model has been a bugger to Sim, too. -- Mal)

"Of two choices, I always take the third."
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 26th May 2007 at 8:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by malthaussen
(postscriptum: I notice your Sim model bears a slight resemblance to the picture, especially around the eyes. With only that one pic to work from, that model has been a bugger to Sim, too. -- Mal)

If you refer to the sim in the pics I used to show the process of the work, that is only the bodyshop model - with a better-lighting-mod and an Enayla skin to replace the grey skin.

Also, the other models are sims I downloaded. I did a couple of sims myself, but there are so many really great sims, so I rather use those for models and in game.

Oh, and I am very glad that you like the colours I made. :D
Test Subject
#17 Old 29th Jun 2007 at 10:03 AM
Very pretty!
And it's been moved to free female hair page 99.
Just to everyone knows.
Test Subject
#18 Old 6th Jul 2007 at 4:12 PM
such good recolors. Unfortunately the peggy site takes a long time to load even with high speed connection. Further , finding 0198 mesh in that site is hard and irritating.

But super recolors!
Inventor
#19 Old 10th Nov 2007 at 7:22 PM
These are very Pretty, I updated my Peggy folder yesterday weeding out the ones I don't thin I need anymore. I will definitely replace her colors with these. And Corylea I love your siggie.
Test Subject
#20 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 4:08 PM Last edited by Pinkqueen17 : 10th Apr 2009 at 4:10 PM. Reason: I made some grammatical errors and I wanted to fix them.
Hey, I know that Peggy forbids direct-linking, so I tried to find the mesh on my own, and my hand is starting to hurt from clicking and I can't find it!
I know that you can't direct-link me to the mesh, but can you tell me what page it's on if you remember? That would help a lot!
Thanks if you can, that's okay if you can't.
I'll just bookmark this in case I ever do come across the mesh.
Test Subject
#21 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 10:51 PM
for me I found in on free female hair page 34, hope it helps.