Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Recolorable 'Celebrate anytime' Birthday Cake - in 3 'colors'

by Jasana_BugBreeder Posted 18th Apr 2007 at 10:46 AM - Updated 20th Nov 2008 at 10:01 PM by -Maylin-

29 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 22 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 18th Apr 2007 at 10:52 AM
thanks, i'd downloaded your previous cakes which were great.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 18th Apr 2007 at 12:36 PM
yummu
these look good
and hurray
recolorable
Field Researcher
#4 Old 18th Apr 2007 at 3:10 PM
woot! This is amazing. Thank you
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#5 Old 18th Apr 2007 at 4:15 PM
Glad to see you back here! I like this cakes much! They look very real.

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
Mad Poster
#6 Old 18th Apr 2007 at 4:18 PM
The one with white frosting looks amazing, king of home baked. Loved them all. Thank you for sharing.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 18th Apr 2007 at 4:25 PM
Oh! It looks very savory. Thank you for sharing.

I don't admit a recolor of structure and alpha now.
Because I do a recolor if it's really necessary, please request it by PM.

My website : *Sims2α*
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 18th Apr 2007 at 5:24 PM
This is terrific--looks yummy, especially the chocolate one! Thanks so much for sharing this. This may sound like an odd request, but is there any chance you could do this with the wedding cake? I mean, not necessarily the recolor part, but making it usable any time, for things like re-commitment ceremonies and anniversaries and the like that the game doesn't recognize as a 'wedding party'? That would be great too.
Knitting fiend
retired moderator
#9 Old 18th Apr 2007 at 6:31 PM
Great idea and they look fantastic!

"Evil genius is still genius." Asura NPC GW2
Field Researcher
#10 Old 18th Apr 2007 at 6:49 PM
Thanks for making more, your other ones work great.
Test Subject
#11 Old 18th Apr 2007 at 7:52 PM
Thank you
Спасибо!
Alchemist
#12 Old 18th Apr 2007 at 9:37 PM
I love your birthday cake with realistic frosting.

Update: July 2009-I am back now to make invisible and tranparent recolors again in sims 2. You can pm me if you want your objects to be invisible and transparent from now.
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 18th Apr 2007 at 11:40 PM
Love your cakes! Many many thanks for the new ones, they look fantastic!
Test Subject
#14 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 7:25 AM
aw, this makes me want real cake now.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 4:31 PM
I use your other cakes at all my sim parties already. these are another great addition.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 30th Apr 2007 at 11:44 AM
uhm im not sure ur checking this thread at all...but i would want one like this, that looks like the original in-game cake...if thats not to much to ask, please.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 21st May 2007 at 8:58 AM
does this replace the original?
Instructor
Original Poster
#18 Old 21st May 2007 at 11:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dawnadoggies
This may sound like an odd request, but is there any chance you could do this with the wedding cake? I mean, not necessarily the recolor part, but making it usable any time, for things like re-commitment ceremonies and anniversaries and the like that the game doesn't recognize as a 'wedding party'?
Sorry, I still hadn't saw a wedding in game so I have no idea how it goes, but as far as I heard, wedding cakes are edible anytime?
Quote: Originally posted by simathome
uhm im not sure ur checking this thread at all...but i would want one like this, that looks like the original in-game cake...if thats not to much to ask, please.
Sorry, but there's nothing interesting or complex in adding anytime functions to the standard cake, so I have no interest of doing it.
Quote: Originally posted by Legolasgurl
does this replace the original?
No, it's a separate object, so you can choose between this and original cake without sorting Downloads folder and restarting the game
Scholar
#19 Old 15th Jul 2007 at 1:50 PM
This looks great thanks!
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 18th Mar 2008 at 3:39 PM
Look forward to stocking my business shelves with new cakes!!! Thank you so much!!

I will play my sims today, then clean my house tomorrow...
Test Subject
#21 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 8:43 PM
Looks great, I just have one question:in your post you say 'cake cannot be placed in food display refrigerator, and even if it can be placed with one of Numenor's patches, it can't be restocked.', does this mean it also won't work with Lord Darcy's mod(http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=264660)?
Instructor
Original Poster
#22 Old 26th Apr 2008 at 9:09 PM
femsuii, I hadn't tested it myself, but since my cakes are 'featured' in the screenshots to Lord Darcy's mod, they probably work
Test Subject
#23 Old 5th Aug 2008 at 10:31 AM
Default Thanks
How do you make a new recolor??
Instructor
Original Poster
#24 Old 5th Aug 2008 at 11:34 AM
Recolor of the cake? Just like any other custom object recolor - on Object Workshop tab, click Open instead of Start (which you do for EA/Maxis objects), then pick the cake package, then the usual recolor steps.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 2nd Apr 2012 at 5:57 PM
Thanks to you,now I could set up a cake shop! (sorry for my bad english)
Page 1 of 2