Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"Rock Hammer" guitar (Seasons) usable with Atavera's Custom Instruments Hack

by Numenor Posted 8th Mar 2007 at 12:59 AM - Updated 4th Dec 2007 at 4:02 PM by Numenor : Hack no longer needed

Closed Thread Locked by: Reason:
20 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 19 Feedback Posts
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 8th Mar 2007 at 2:06 AM
Ah-ha! This explains everything!

Denis Leary and Max Goldberg - modern American heroes!
Test Subject
#3 Old 8th Mar 2007 at 2:34 AM
Thank you thank you thank you! I just discovered this problem with the rock hammer last night and was bummed that I might have to take out my custom guitars. Thanks again for this!
Instructor
#4 Old 8th Mar 2007 at 3:11 AM
Thanks Numenor!!
This looks great!!
I am downloading it now!!!
Scholar
#5 Old 8th Mar 2007 at 4:59 AM
Thanks a lot, I didn't know about the issue with the Rock Hammer guitar, thanks god I will never have to notice because would have got upset since I have all of atevera's custom instruments. One thing that's torubling me is... Where did you get the big amplifiers? I need that
Btw, nice pic with the reaper playing guitar :D
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 8th Mar 2007 at 10:27 AM
The amplifiers are part of the Rock Hammer guitar, they are included in SSN: don't you see them when you get the guitar?

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 8th Mar 2007 at 10:32 AM Last edited by ding140674 : 9th Mar 2007 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Edit
Thanks for sharing Numenor.

"squall117
Where did you get the big amplifiers? I need that "

Ps: I want to know too .

Edit: Post came in too slow . Answered.
Scholar
#8 Old 9th Mar 2007 at 10:45 PM
Ohhh god, I'm still focused into gardening and I don't have much time to play so I still don't get a sim into music career. Now I can't wait to get to the top of that career
Thanks again Numenor
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 19th Mar 2007 at 2:14 PM
sweet thanks! i had no idea that the guitar in the new ep won't work...i better download. :D
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 19th Mar 2007 at 5:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by theusedrocks
sweet thanks! i had no idea that the guitar in the new ep won't work...i better download. :D

It doesn't work with Atavera's hack; but in normal conditions, it works...
I just wanted to clear up this, because Maxis code has already many bugs, and adding fake alarms is useless :P

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Forum Resident
#11 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 1:16 PM
Thank you 'ModFather' for the fix, once again you have made my life easier and my Sim's life much better!...

To all, of the very talented MTS-2 creative types - my sincere thanks for taking the time to create/upload/share...
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 7th May 2007 at 9:21 PM
Thanks a lot! Now i can use it again! does this work with the buyable seasons one?

Life is not measured by how many breaths you take, it is measured by the moments that take our breath away.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 10th May 2007 at 4:31 PM
It should be compatible with buyable one (unless the buyable hack was poorly created...); however, please check yourself and let me know (in case of problem, please post a link to the buyable guitar hack, because I couldn't find it...)

Scholar
#14 Old 28th May 2007 at 8:21 PM
I didn't know there was a guitar in Seasons, this is great to have a guitar without having UNI even if I can't use the hack.
xo

Rhondalatte's Custom CAS screens: http://blackpearlsims.com/ (formerly known as Reflex forum)

DeesElegantDecor - Beautiful furnishings:
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/DeesElegantDecor/
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 2nd Jun 2007 at 8:43 PM
omg thank you!! I was wondering why it didn't work but this explains it all!!! thank you!!!

Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia- Fear of long words.
This is how long I spend playing The Sims 2
Wow, my head stopped my body from getting really hurt on that! Johnny Knoxville
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 21st Jun 2007 at 11:51 PM
Thank you so much!!!!! None of my Sims already reached the top of the music carreer, so I didn't notice the rock hammer guitar wouldn't work with the CI hack, but you just spared me a lot of headaches ^^ - even if I had found it out by myself, it would've been a disaster to either remove the CI hack (God, it's unlikely to have a NH full of JRock-Sims and everyone uses the same guitar oO, and I can NOT let Yoshiki play on that ordinary Maxis piano xD) OR not use the guitar <.<
So... THANK YOU!!!
Test Subject
#17 Old 11th Sep 2007 at 2:58 PM
Does this mod also works with the Atavera's guitars?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#18 Old 13th Sep 2007 at 9:41 AM
Yes, this guitar is clearly labeled as "usable with Atavera's Custom Instruments hack", so it can used with any other custom instrument by Atavera.

Test Subject
#19 Old 20th Sep 2007 at 2:05 PM
This is the error I'm getting with this:

Test Subject
#20 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 3:11 AM
Will this work with Bon Voyage?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 5:25 PM
SandTiger: that is not an error, it's just a worning that the guitar overrides a game file. The guitar is supposed to do that, because it's an "extracted" object.

Grintwig: It should. I didn't check myself, though.

Closed Thread