Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Natural Beauty: Idolatry of Flesh Skintones - UPDATED 03-Mar-07

by HystericalParoxysm Posted 22nd Feb 2007 at 10:47 AM - Updated 19th Oct 2013 at 10:20 AM by HystericalParoxysm : Adding a known issues heading.

364 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 337 Feedback Posts, 26 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 15
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 11:00 AM
OMG! And just in time for my screenshots!

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 11:07 AM
Wow these look really great! Thanks for making them, I can't wait to get them ingame to try them out

See how crazy all your fellow simmers are! The MTS2 Community Neighborhood
Knitting fiend
retired moderator
#4 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 11:09 AM Last edited by JLonier : 25th Feb 2007 at 8:39 PM. Reason: Edit
I really, really like the dark ones. I have a very hard time finding dark skins that aren't too red, too light, or too highlighted on the face.

EDIT: Just noticed the details you put on simmie hands tonight. Thank you for giving our sims more normal looking fingers!
Test Subject
#5 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 11:10 AM
These are magnificent! It's very refreshing to see some very well done skins minus all the shiny! Very nice job!
Addicted to Capuccino!
retired moderator
#6 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 11:12 AM
Great Skintones!Thanks a lot!

Sorry I can't take requests anymore!
And I will probably never convert my creations for TS2 to TS3.
Test Subject
#7 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 11:24 AM
These are just beautiful! Exactly the sort of thing I've been looking for. Thankyou so much.
Greatest Dad Ever
#8 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 11:40 AM
These are incredible !!!!!

Although to the point of the nipples ..Why are there nipples on ONLY children and males is that not an extremely sexest way of thinking ? All people were created equal and there is no shame in showing a womans nipple as opposed to a males nipple ..And for most "thinking" people showing a womans nipple and a guys nipple are the exact same thing ....I think if your not going to have female skins with nipples then you should eliminate nipples all together from ALL skins ....

Just my thoughts dont take it personal but i am tired of this females are different than males crap that has been going on forever even though woman want to be treated the same as men in this world but when it comes to their bodies ..

And unfortunatly even though these are incredible i will not download, I will download the other set with all persons having nipples if you ever decide to get them done ...
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 11:52 AM
tigmomx4, in my game I use skins with nipples for everyone, and hair, and everyone's anatomically correct, so... while I appreciate where you're coming from, I'm not, err, trying to be a nipple fascist here or nothin'... It's not a personal moral choice or anything, it's intended to just make a "barbie" skintone as many people want that, and because I wanted a "won't offend any parents, same detail as Maxis" version for upload for MTS2. I will be doing a nippled version for my site (probably including a bit of hair for elsewhere, too) but I chose to leave them off this version as I couldn't display them in the screenshots anyway.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#10 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 11:58 AM
Hi!
First of all, I love these. I can't imagine the extent of the work and effort you've put into these, but I've been experimenting myself with skintones recently, and I feel your pain. It's NOT easy. The last thing you need when your back is hurting from sitting in front of the computer for hours is somebody whining over too small boobs or too little shine. I, personally think these are great; they're realistic yet you've managed to retain a "maxis feel". Excellent work!
Forum Resident
#11 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 12:03 PM
YAY!!!! You finally released them, I cannot wait to try these masterpieces' out in game!
Mad Poster
#12 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 12:03 PM
They look gorgeous!!! Love them for not shining and I'll downlod them, but I'm really looking forward to the naughty bits version. Thank you for sharing.
Test Subject
#13 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 12:12 PM
They are so beautiful!!! I can't wait for the anatomical version.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 12:16 PM
they are wonderful!! thank you so much!
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 12:20 PM
I can't wait to see in game HP.Personally i love all kind of skintones both realistic and non realistic it always depends on the sim you want to create.The fact that yours combine both is great, and i don't really care about nipples,either a skintone has them or not it's a freaking game .

Being on of those that read a text from start to the end i gotta say that i understand what you say and often it makes me sad and sometimes a tiny break it's good, but i suggest that you uninstall oblivion from your computer cause we dont want you to get addicted to it and lose you ;-)

Love

Corvi

You will find my older and newest creations here
Field Researcher
#16 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 12:21 PM
Beautiful work. It's great to have more skintones that aren't uber-shiny and glossy. Thank you so much.
Scholar
#17 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 12:25 PM
Excellent work! Like everone else said, they are not too shiney, and still have that mix of realism and maxis-feel.

Call me Paco!
Rhymes with Taco

I'm currently taking requests until August 12th.
Instructor
#18 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 12:25 PM
They're lovely, dear. Have you figured out how to overcome the issues many people (myself included) have had with default replacements made the shortcut way, then?
Instructor
#19 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 12:30 PM
Beautiful, Hp! I'll download them, but I'll replace them with the anatomically correct one when they're out. I agree with tigmomx4 about nipples for male and females, but I know it's not creator's fault if society has this strange view about the human body.
Thanks for sharing!
Instructor
#20 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 12:41 PM
I am amazed at your detailedness. Okay, that's a new word, I think, but it fits! I'm really looking forward to your non-barbie version, as I am an adult and can handle it. =) Thank you so much for sharing!!!

Cagley Family Legacy (A Random Legacy Challenge)
Test Subject
#21 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 1:00 PM
Hm, why are everybody so eager to see the "adult" version? It's not like we see our sims naked very often anyways. Ok maybe it's wiser not to bring up this subject.

Well there's not a lot for you to give if you're giving in
And there's not a lot for you to feel if you're not feeling it
You bring it up and bring it in and we'll get you fixed up in no time
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 1:06 PM
*click download Idolatry-of-Flesh_Skintones.rar*
*click download Idolatry-of-Flesh_DefaultReplacements.rar*
*click iTunes to play some songs while waiting for the file to download*
*do the funky, happy dance*
*runs around nekkid*
*returns to the thread since he seems to forgot to do something*
*click Post Thanks *
Test Subject
#23 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 1:16 PM
Personally I like realism... just because. I don't remove the censor blur to drool over naked sims, or get anatomically correct skins for that reason either. I just find it silly with this barbie doll stuff. *shrugs*

On topic, the skins! I love that they're not shiny, too many people make glossy skins that look nice on females (kinda), but ridiculous on males. These are smooth-looking and purty. <3
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 1:17 PM
well i like the skintones you made. they are very diff somehow. mm the faces are what are different and they seem gorgous to me. the shine factor is gone. shiny ham haha. im not sure about the bodies. i have to see that in the game. im not the expert on skintones body at least. but i think they look great. and the faces came out nice!
Miss Bona Fiscalia
#25 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 1:40 PM
yay, you finished them! I know how long and hard you've worked on these, HP. They're absolutely beautiful. Thank you so much for everything you put into this project and for sharing them with us.

"Morning, Starbuck, what do you hear?"
"Nothin' but the rain."

Page 1 of 15