Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

More walkbys every day [abandoned]

by Marhis Posted 31st Dec 2006 at 12:29 AM - Updated 16th Oct 2008 at 7:01 AM by Marhis : Updated thread 2008-10-16

43 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 42 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
#2 Old 31st Dec 2006 at 12:41 AM
Sounds interesting more people to harass, I'll have to give it a spin in my neighbourhoods. More importantly I need to update my terms of use - I completely forgot to consider underwear colour in mine!:D
Test Subject
#3 Old 31st Dec 2006 at 12:55 AM
Nice job...
*first download of the day!*
I'll try this out... thanks!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 31st Dec 2006 at 1:42 AM
This hack is really useful. I often wondered how the walkbys were determined so your explanation was very well received. More walkbys will be useful for city-type neighborhoods.

Herald Between Two Lands
Test Subject
#5 Old 31st Dec 2006 at 4:00 PM
*laughs at your terms of use* Very nice hack! I know a few households of mine will love this.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 1st Jan 2007 at 3:25 PM
Great idea, Thanks! I'll give it a try today.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 4th Jan 2007 at 4:53 PM
Awesome! It makes the game more realistic!
*downloading*
Test Subject
#8 Old 8th Jan 2007 at 4:00 PM
This looks great

Some Graphic stuff by me =) lol
Dr. Zoidberg: How do I look?
Bender: Like whale barf.
Dr. Zoidberg: Then the illusion is complete.
Instructor
#9 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 11:54 AM
Will have a check on this one cause I have a similar mod for walk-bys.
There's a problem that made me self stop using my mod. The set to next selection is elendig. You probably didn't touch this either but the selection for walk-bys are crude and rough. There's no way to make a matching selection of passing-by Sims. I mean there are some game inconsistences that cannot be corrected. Pregnant Sims cannot go anywhere cause they do the dialog "A so pregnant Sim like me ...." and cannot go to work or commLot. On the other hand, they walk-by every lot and are brought home from job even in the last pregnance day. If only one Servo is placed on the game, even if you power it down in the original lot, the servo still passes-by every lot and seems to be even preferred by the "Set to Next".
I tried all alternatives I could and doesn't work. It seems that the visitor generator is not able to identify whatever "Lot specific emitter" (pregnance controller, servo controller, etc).
This is what made my "Walk-by more oftern" Mod sort of unuseful. The set to next reset the calculations very often and makes that the same Sims or group of Sims are chosen as walk-by irritating often. I suppose it is basic programming trouble and a urgent need for other rules based on other than Set to next.
Test Subject
#10 Old 10th Jan 2007 at 10:35 AM
Hi,
I tried the '9-22'-package and it works well in my game. I have installed Pets, too. It is the ONLY hack that I use in my game because I found this idea really nice. Therefore I can't tell something about how it works with other game mods. If I find something that doesn't really work I will tell you. ( Excuse my horrible English, please).

Thank you for this work!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 11th Jan 2007 at 5:35 AM
@xptl297: thanks for the feedback, I'm trying too to understand that complex system of walkbys generation, and I agree with you, it's somehow difficult and rough.
Yes, I've modded only the BHAV "Main - Process - Walkbys" and not the "Walkbys - Make Walkby" - which is maybe what you're referring to.
The fact I've not touched the original BCON - which stores many other tuning values for walkbys eligibility - might help in adding other mods more specifically targeted on the walkbys processing core function.
Instructor
#12 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 12:17 AM
Hi..
This hack is very useful, thank you, but I have a question. When I only had exp.pack Uni there was also kids walking by my residential lots and kids at community lots, walking by and staying/playing at the lots. When I installed Nightlife they disappear. No more kids walking by my lots unless I have kids in the family.
I miss them, yep I miss then alot and think they was nice at the community lots.
Why does they disappere?
is there a way to make them coming back?

/Lisen
(sorry for my english, it's not my native language!)
Test Subject
#13 Old 18th Jan 2007 at 9:45 AM
Im sorry for going a bit off-topic.
But whats that mod that gives you another life level? (is that pre-teen?)
Test Subject
#14 Old 19th Jan 2007 at 4:36 AM
Aumnimon, that's a mod that simply colors the bar of every need that is at it's max to white (platinum).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 20th Jan 2007 at 6:10 PM
@Lisen801: I've noticed that too; I suppose that community visitors routines were deeply changed in Nightlife, probably to adapt it to the overall different community game behavior.
I don't know for sure how this can be altered: certainly there has to be a way to modify the visitor generator BHAVs, but it's very complex, at least for me.

I'm pretty sure, though that there are other modders who's working on it (see xptl297 above, for example), and for sure they have better knowledge than me for BHAV editing and stuff. Maybe Twojeffs at MATY or Monique here on MTS2 may have more infos about, 'cause I know they have made some hacks visitors-related (I mentioned them here). Try to ask them also.

@aumnimon: maybe you are referring to young adults; it's an additional life stage which came with University Expansion Pack, and lies between teen and adult stage.

@juan: good guess You know, I almost forgot to have it in my downloads!
Test Subject
#16 Old 26th Jan 2007 at 2:10 PM
This should be fantastic. I always thought the foot traffic was way too light, especially in the Downtown neighborhood. My other, standing, pet peeve is the lack of group walkbys (or group arrivals on community lots): no couples, families, friends, roomies or such out for a stroll together.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 27th Jan 2007 at 3:35 AM
Strange problem here with just the basic install. I used the 9-22 and now no-one shows up. Deleting it and see if things go back to normal.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 29th Jan 2007 at 3:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
Strange problem here with just the basic install. I used the 9-22 and now no-one shows up. Deleting it and see if things go back to normal.

Thanks for the feedback. The behavior you report seems odd, because the only difference in that routine, between base game and EPs, is in base hours - which I've handled with a new set of constants.

I will do some other tests, too, thanks.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 31st Jan 2007 at 3:31 AM
Will this conflict with CBoy's Less furious Walkbys hack?

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,1405.0.html

I'd like to use both but I'll stick with CBoy's if I'd have to choose
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 1st Feb 2007 at 9:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bain
Will this conflict with CBoy's Less furious Walkbys hack?

No, it doesn't conflict, and can be used on its side. Indeed, furious walkbys should be managed by a routine indipendent by generic walkbys, but I'm not absolutely sure of this.
Consider however that my hack raises overall probabilities, so you may experience more furious walkbys than before - even if not in conflict. I mean, now you have 4 probability/day for walkbys in general; with my hack you'll have more - this may affects overall probabilities.

Anyway they should be indipendent; you can try and see if furious walkbys happen with more frequency or not - in any case, no direct conflict.
Test Subject
#21 Old 17th Feb 2007 at 6:11 PM Last edited by SickoMike : 18th Feb 2007 at 12:40 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Marhis
Thanks for the feedback. The behavior you report seems odd, because the only difference in that routine, between base game and EPs, is in base hours - which I've handled with a new set of constants.

I will do some other tests, too, thanks.

I am experiencing the same behavior. Worked fine until I applied the latest game patch.

--Mike

[Edit: I managed to fix it, and think I found the cause -- one of the objects I have operates in one of two modes. I think one of the modes also affects the walkby timing. With that said, I am fairly certain it worked like a champ pre-patch]
Field Researcher
#22 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 11:40 AM
Great!

Let Teens Live Alone With TeenStar PC
Let Teens Adopt A Baby/Toddler/Child
>>> Check my profile page for further hacks <<<
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 7th Mar 2007 at 1:09 AM
Thank you!Nice job.Is it possible to change walkby schedules for one walkby in two
hours time interval?Walkby every hour is sometimes annoying.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 7th Mar 2007 at 6:33 PM
Hey, I was wondering if anyone had tested this with Seasons yet to see if it works okay?

"Well, then at least I'll die next to a hot, nymphomaniac supermodel." And what more could one ask for...? ._.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 11th Mar 2007 at 8:10 AM
I've just uploaded an updated version: this should resolve also the issue reported with the Pets patch.
I can't test it directly in my game, 'cause Aspyr hasn't ported Seasons EP for Mac yet (they're still working on the Life Stories porting, yay :/), so if there's any oddity, please let me know and I'll try to fix it.

@Alexx58: good idea . I'll try.
Page 1 of 2