Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Straight Long Hair Mesh

by donnymeloche Posted 15th Oct 2006 at 4:20 AM - Updated 17th Mar 2007 at 9:05 PM by fanseelamb : fixing thumbnail

41 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 39 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 15th Oct 2006 at 4:45 AM
it looks really good the file size is a little large, but it's still really good.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 15th Oct 2006 at 4:50 AM
Wow! this is really good, thankyou.
Test Subject
#4 Old 15th Oct 2006 at 4:53 AM
This is great! Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 15th Oct 2006 at 5:30 AM
this is perfect!! finally soembody made a good long straight hair. thank you.
Test Subject
#6 Old 15th Oct 2006 at 5:50 AM
It's very pretty x3 Just very slightly choppy, though ><
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 15th Oct 2006 at 6:09 AM Last edited by Hostel : 15th Oct 2006 at 6:18 AM.
It looks really good and very pretty. :
Test Subject
#8 Old 15th Oct 2006 at 6:35 AM
Kool that's exactly what i'm looking for!
how many colors does it has?
Instructor
#9 Old 15th Oct 2006 at 7:07 AM
Great job, Thank you

Life is not every breath you take but the moments that take your breath away
Test Subject
#10 Old 15th Oct 2006 at 7:26 AM
Default Thanks !!
This is awesome, thankyou !!

Forget the things we swore we meant.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#11 Old 15th Oct 2006 at 7:50 AM
Cute, and looks well-textured, but you're missing quite a bit of info required on mesh uploads, like poly count, etc... please take a look at the Creator Guidelines regarding mesh uploads (which you can find through the site map) and edit your post accordingly. You might want to provide more pics showing the other colours and more angles, and it looks like you've done it for all ages, which is something you'd want to show and mention. Let people know the details of your creation.

It looks to me like the piece of long hair on the sim's left shoulder (right in the pic) is clipping through the shoulder. If you've got the bone assignments set the same as that area of the sim's body, it'll pull that hair right along with the body... which is good, you want it to move well, but can also result in some clipping into the body itself. You can correct that by pulling those vertices out from the body just a smidge. It'll still go through collars, but will clip less with closer-fitting clothing. I was fiddling with a similarly-shaped mesh recently and ran into the same problem. As long as you don't pull it out too far, and the rest of the assignments are right, it seems to work, and if you can curve the edges of that mesh piece over a bit, it'll help make it look more like it's laying on the body, even pulled away from the body, covering the area where you'd otherwise be able to see underneath some.

It is a very cute mesh and I think it'd be a great versatile one with just a little tweaking.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#12 Old 15th Oct 2006 at 8:21 AM
great i love it!!!!!!!!!!!
Test Subject
#13 Old 15th Oct 2006 at 8:44 AM
its really pretty!!!!!!! can u make it 4 teens to?? please! i just love it
Forum Resident
#14 Old 15th Oct 2006 at 8:48 AM
Nice, looks really good.
Thanks.

//HB

♥Adam Ant♥
No, I don't take request at the moment
11/7 -09 My beautiful niece was born!
Test Subject
#15 Old 15th Oct 2006 at 9:06 AM
Looks really good ! And sooo natural. I totally download it.

d'uh.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 15th Oct 2006 at 10:07 AM
Hi. Can I recolour this mesh? It's very lovely
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 15th Oct 2006 at 10:16 AM
It's cool! Thanks a lot
Scholar
#18 Old 15th Oct 2006 at 10:39 AM
Ah Donny! I remember you from Simply Elau forum! Well welcome to ModTheSims2!! This is another great mesh from you. thank you xx
Test Subject
#19 Old 15th Oct 2006 at 11:10 AM
It looks very pretty, I hope you make more stuff like this!
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 15th Oct 2006 at 12:44 PM
It looks so cute, great hair! Thanks a lot for sharing!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 15th Oct 2006 at 3:38 PM
Thanks alot everyone for the comments. I noticed how it goes into the body and am going to fix it. HystericalParoxysm thanks for letting me know. I'm going to fix it and add more information in the post as soon as im done some homework. Thanks.
Test Subject
#22 Old 15th Oct 2006 at 4:45 PM
Wow.
I love this!
I hope to see some recolors soon! Amazing...keep up the good work!
Field Researcher
#23 Old 15th Oct 2006 at 5:45 PM
Wow, amazing hair. I hope to see some recolors of it. It's really gorgeous. Thank you very much.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 15th Oct 2006 at 5:48 PM
I really like the mesh.
But i made some edits and recolours of my own.
lol here they are:

I was so lazy i only made it for adults, so dont worry about mt uploading it anywhere.
xD

If you would like to try to make Sims out of the 1313DeadEndDrive or Scooby-Doo Characters, then please contact me.
Scooby-Doo Characters Request_____//
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 15th Oct 2006 at 7:06 PM
Coolio824, your recolor is great! Can you give me a link to download it?
Page 1 of 2