Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Tendo(u) Dojo & house

by TheDevian Posted 25th Sep 2006 at 3:31 AM - Updated 7th Jan 2007 at 1:56 PM by TheDevian

15 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 13 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
#2 Old 28th Sep 2006 at 4:53 PM
Marvellous!

While I'm not all that happy with the animated version, I'm a huge fan of Ranma 1/2, nevertheless, and it's awesome to see the characters' home brought to life in The Sims.

I've been toying with the thought of building the manga version of the Tendou home (which is a lot more simple, but also more vague and inconsistent in some places), but I could never do as good a job as you did with the anime floorplan.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Sep 2006 at 7:28 PM
well the pictures I used as a basis for the floorplan was from the manga, and the wallpapers and floor tiles were from the anime, due to being in color.
here are 2 of the pix I used...
and thank you for the kind words =)
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 28th Sep 2006 at 11:45 PM
That is excellent! I can smell Akane's bad cooking already! ^__^ Well done.
Test Subject
#5 Old 29th Sep 2006 at 5:01 AM Last edited by JustTheBast : 29th Sep 2006 at 5:09 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by TheDevian
well the pictures I used as a basis for the floorplan was from the manga,

I know the images; I have them, too. They are part of the reference that the design team for the anime drew up, along with such things as character sheets, colour schemes, object references, etc. They were scanned from a sort of "making of" book about the creation of the Ranma 1/2 anime series.

The Manga floorplan is a lot simpler than this. Basically the engawa runs along the full length of one side of the house, with the entrance and bathroom at one end, the stairs at the other, and all the downstairs rooms lined up along it. The upstairs rooms have a more "western" look, with hinged doors instead of shoji and romaji nameplates on the girls' rooms.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th Sep 2006 at 7:54 PM
oh thats kewl, I did not know that, all this time I thought I had manga scans, and the sad part is I have read them all, but then who can remember every pannel of every book. between the anime, manga and fan-fics I get a bit mixed up lol
altho I thought they all had hinged doors and romaji name plates on the bedroom doors, well the girls anyway. the duck is the only thing that comes to mind, but then I saw the anime before the manga was accesable back in the early 90's so it stands out in my mind more, now if I can just find the rest of Urusei Yatsura...
Test Subject
#7 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 6:10 AM
Default One step closer...
Yes... I am one step closer to my goal of having a sims version of the Ranma 1/2 world... and with having the floor plans I can make my own too. Great job on this though.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 31st Dec 2006 at 11:20 PM
That's so cool! Now all we need are some Ranma 1/2 sims to live in the dojo!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 7th Jan 2007 at 1:28 PM Last edited by TheDevian : 7th Jan 2007 at 1:59 PM.
I had a bit of help from Tetuo on Insimenator and it inspired me to fix the entryway part of the outer wall, here are the wall coverings if you want to do the same. the thin sign sais Tendo Dojo.
and the shorter wider sign sais
To defeat owner in savage combat, use rear door.
野蛮な戦闘の所有者を敗北させるためには、後部ドアを使用しなさい。

I guess they are up there as I was not able to attech them here nor the pictures, sorry
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  TendoSigns1.rar (109.3 KB, 11 downloads)
Test Subject
#10 Old 22nd Mar 2007 at 2:34 PM
I have been able to do quite a few "realistic" Ranma ½ figures using only Sims 2 and the three original expansions. So there's no urgent need to make specialized Sims based on the series... Unless it's about Cologne, Shampoo's hair, the bloody pigtail, Happosai, magical gender-changing water... Alright, so there's quite a bit that would be fun to have. Herb would be great to have as a sim. He's awesomely cool.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 12th Jan 2008 at 4:38 AM
hair and clothes are the biggest part, but yah the water would be kewl
Test Subject
#12 Old 7th Aug 2008 at 2:27 PM
yeah its awesome. you did a good job! tried to find some other
ranma stuff but i failed. does anyone know whether there is
some stuff anywhere? or is someone able to make it? thanks.
Test Subject
#13 Old 20th Sep 2008 at 7:31 PM
I love your house TheDevian
I would love to see if you can make an upgrade using the last expansion packs, like Bon Voyage, using objects, floor and walls.

Im also looking for Ranma sims for this house.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 3rd Feb 2009 at 3:27 AM
I have been considering it seeing all the new things they added that will fit so well, better late than never i guess, the mansion pack added the awnings and the hot spring would be a better koi pond, if only i could get the temp to go down on it and not make them hot, but you take what you can get right? lol
I may see what i can do.
Test Subject
#15 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 4:04 AM
Make One That Doesnt Require Ep Please!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#16 Old 30th Dec 2010 at 10:35 PM
I did try to keep it as basic as I could, I haven't had sims 2 installed for years now though, you might be able to use one of the pack installer programs to remove any content that you don't have avbl. I honestly don't remember what I had installed when I built it.