Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Enayla's newest eyes as default *different colours*

by kashinthegreen Posted 13th Aug 2006 at 1:05 PM

13 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 12 Feedback Posts
Instructor
#2 Old 13th Aug 2006 at 11:52 PM
Wooot! You don't know how long I've been waiting for this set! Big thanks to you and Enayla :D

~I no longer play Sims, so I'm not taking requests, sorry~
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 14th Aug 2006 at 5:11 PM
I loved Enayla's eyes, but these ones are much nicer. The grey eyes really stand out now, where as the previous set the grey kind of washed out with my lighter-skinned sims. Both are very beautiful, but I think I'll use these. Thanks so much!

Wait... WHAT?!?!?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Aug 2006 at 7:52 PM
Well these still are Enayla's, all I've done is taken her graphics and put them into a default eye file. Actually ,my contribution is somewhat minimal :P

I also just realised that I forgot to thank Enayla for letting me share these. So yup; thanks Enayla, for designing lovely eyes and being willing to share the love!
Test Subject
#5 Old 15th Aug 2006 at 2:41 AM
Okay, I have a question about this download. Im new to this site.. and I guess im new to downloading things to the sims period.

Will this like TOTALLY replace all the other automatic colors in the build a sim mode? Does that question even make sense??

PLEASEEEEEE reply!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Aug 2006 at 1:25 PM
Yes. When you build a sim and there are the 5 original colours, the icons are kind of like a fan and were there before you downloaded any new ones - those are the defaults. If these replacements are in your downloads folder then in your create a sim (CAS) clicking on those default eye colours will give your sim these colours instead of the ones maxis put in the game.
The eyes of previously built sims and NPCs (townies, service sims) will also change to these colours.
You can restore the maxis defaults by simply removing these from you DL folder (I keep default replacements in a separate subfolder so I can find them again if I want to remove or replace them-it's worth knowing that subfolders and sub-sub folders etc are fine in your DL folder- it still works) as these don't overwrite them, just overrule them if that makes sense.

So yes, while in your folder they will replace them totally - however this effect is reversable without the need for a re-install.
Test Subject
#7 Old 8th Sep 2006 at 4:02 PM
Thanks for this! I so despised the evil maxis defaults.
Test Subject
#8 Old 12th Sep 2006 at 5:40 AM
Thank you both! I had such awsome new default skins and the eyes just looked awful against them!

I'm glad I ran across these defaults! I was hoping there was a way around breeding out ugly townie eyes. XDD
Test Subject
#9 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 4:48 AM
I love these in my game but I'd like to try out another default set can you tell me what I need to type in to find them and delete them?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 18th Jan 2007 at 8:03 PM
If you click download and open the zip file you will see the file names, they are essentially all default_[colour]_eyes so if you use default in a search on your DL folder you should find them.

for future reference it's worth keeping your defaults in a folder in you DL folder, they are easier to find that way.
Test Subject
#11 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 6:43 AM
Thank you. On the whole i'm not a fan of default replacements, but for enayla's eyes...
Field Researcher
#12 Old 26th May 2007 at 7:16 AM
Yeah, they are beautiful, and the idea of having different colours for replacement... well it's just too original. Thanks! :D
Forum Resident
#13 Old 27th Aug 2007 at 4:08 AM
Yes! I've been using Enayla's earlier eyes as my defaults for some time now, but I prefer this set so much more. Thanks a ton. <3
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 29th Sep 2007 at 12:17 AM
Thank you ! <3 I had them as not defaults *ççç*