Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jul 2006 at 1:21 AM
Default Thumbnails for Eyebrows/Full Face Makeups!
Okay, I know someone discovered this a while back, but it wasn't really well explained, and I apologize for not being able to credit whoever found this originally... it was a looong time ago and mentioned in like one place in one little post and I've never seen anyone using it, but I figured it out and it's freaking cool! Feel free to go, "Um, yeah, HP, we've known about that for months," but I didn't, and I feel it's worth sharing.

So... you know how annoying it is having full-face makeup contacts with no thumbnail? How about eyebrows... doesn't that bug you? It bugs me! Want thumbnails? EASY!

When you're creating the project, make a thumbnail for it in your graphics editor. The default is 64x64... I'm not sure what the actual aspect ratio for the thumbnail is in the game, but it will stretch to fit that box... you can probably use a bigger one, like 150x50ish, closer to the actual thumbnail size/aspect ratio, but 64x64 does work for sure. Anyway. Save your graphic in the project folder. Name it swatch.bmp. Finish the rest of the project as normal and import to game.

It will NOT show a swatch in Body Shop at all. I don't know why - I think Body Shop's just not looking for them at all so it simply won't find them. However, if you look at the file in SimPE it now has a swatch graphic included, separate from the texture images. Open up the game and you'll find that instead of the mannequin, you have your lovely thumbnail in CAS. Not 100% sure if this works on change appearance though - my tests were kinda quick, but I figure people can play with this, see what works and what doesn't, too.

Makes finding the particular one you're looking for muuuuch easier.

I DID try to make this work with accessories and it simply won't from my tests. You can't include swatch.bmp in the directory and have it included, and you can't add it into the .package once it's complete. Well, you can, and it doesn't cause any errors, but it doesn't work as a thumbnail.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.