Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Apple II Home Computer System *update July 19*

by kenjikitsune Posted 12th Jul 2006 at 2:09 PM - Updated 20th Feb 2009 at 6:20 PM by -Maylin-

30 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 27 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Scholar
#3 Old 12th Jul 2006 at 3:21 PM
Thanks - It looks great! 5*

I remember how thrilled I was to have a 2Mhz, 65K computer. I only had one disk drive and a mono monitor. The 5 1/4 floppies held (I think) 140K although that might be the first IBM PC - other posters with a better memory of the Apple please feel free to correct me on this.

It was the Apple and the killer ap Visicalc (the first spreadsheet program) that started the whole personal computer revolution.

I wrote my first program in 1961 for a Univac I. To put the Apple in perspective, the Univac I was a 12K 1kHz computer. Let's not even talk about the power it consumed or the mean time between failures.

Imagine a world without hypothetical situations
A Sinful Sim
retired moderator
#4 Old 12th Jul 2006 at 3:28 PM
oh jeez, flashback...lol I started programming games on the Apple IIC+

Adult Downloads Can Be Found On MTS2's Adult Site!!!
Test Subject
#5 Old 12th Jul 2006 at 5:40 PM
Hei
I like your design! Thank You =)
Forum Resident
#6 Old 12th Jul 2006 at 6:34 PM
Thanks for sharing, I'm sure the two 'Steves' would approve any chance of creating a nice Commodore Amiga for our Simmies to enjoy? - please...

To all, of the very talented MTS-2 creative types - my sincere thanks for taking the time to create/upload/share...
Test Subject
#7 Old 12th Jul 2006 at 6:55 PM
this is great work. i am finally getting a cool variety of computers. can you make a dell dimension 4400 with a dell1503FP monitor? i know it is specific. just look up the monitor on google and you will see.

I'm a boomer now
Instructor
#8 Old 12th Jul 2006 at 7:01 PM
Sweet! I totally had one of these when I was in preschool. xD
Scholar
#9 Old 12th Jul 2006 at 7:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Plum
Sweet! I totally had one of these when I was in preschool. xD

...and I got my Apple II when I was 42!

This shows the beautiful universality of both computers and Sims2.

Imagine a world without hypothetical situations
Field Researcher
#10 Old 12th Jul 2006 at 8:25 PM
Oh geez...I remember doing Algebra with one in high school.

Still, fond memories, but I'll gladly hug my homemade AMD64 with 4 Gigs of RAM any day.

5 stars all the way! Thanks for the memories!
Field Researcher
#11 Old 12th Jul 2006 at 10:29 PM
Haha, my friend had one of those one ^^ Until we broke it *oops*
Nice job, thanks ^^

Eternally a sin

Dans l'amour vrai c'est l'ame qui embrasse le corps <3

Something wicked is coming up..!
Instructor
#12 Old 12th Jul 2006 at 10:35 PM
That's great. Thank you!!!

My projects: Vorkosigan Saga (comming soon) Maria Evgenija Veronica Guild Wars posters
537665746F736C61762052756D656E6F76205361766F76
One Sim to rule them all, One Sim to find them,One Sim to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 13th Jul 2006 at 12:20 AM
-DocFX and Vercetti1010
I probably can make your requests, but it'll take some time to do both, mostly seeing that I started on another computer last night. The specifics are still labeled "Top Secret" . Ahem, I'll try to atleast get one of the meshes done by the end of the week though.

Proud to run Vista
Field Researcher
#14 Old 13th Jul 2006 at 7:33 AM
wow, this is cool.
its made me sit here admiring my new intel imac
#15 Old 14th Jul 2006 at 1:49 AM
Very very nice! I just finished read "Fire in the Valley" a book on the history of personal computers.

I'm wondering if you could possibly make a TRS-80, an Altair 8800 or a Texas Instruments TI-99/4A?

TRS-80:

Altair 8800:

TI-99/4A:

A TI-99/4A Advertisement with a fully equipped TI-99/4A and Bill Cosby:

(P.S. Sorry about the huge Altair picture.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 14th Jul 2006 at 6:32 PM
Not a problem, I'd prefer bigger pictures, as they help me in making the model, and especially texture.

I'm gonna have to start making a list of what I'm working on though.

Proud to run Vista
#17 Old 15th Jul 2006 at 1:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kenjikitsune
Not a problem, I'd prefer bigger pictures, as they help me in making the model, and especially texture.

I'm gonna have to start making a list of what I'm working on though.

Great! Those pics are all from Wikipedia. FYI

E-mail me at: [email protected] and I can send you some more pics!
Test Subject
#18 Old 16th Jul 2006 at 3:44 AM
This is great. It needs some Oregon Trail.

Quote: Originally posted by =/\= Fleet Admiral Lugia
(Cosby ad)

holy lol
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 3rd Aug 2006 at 7:27 AM
If you fix the squished keyboard, and get rid of the GUI program (since they werent invented yet), this would be the best download ever.

Love your work and i look forward to more.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 4th Aug 2006 at 12:42 AM
http://toastytech.com/guis/a2geos.html
I'm not sure which version of the Apple II this is for, but this is why I put it in. Sorry if I was wrong.

Proud to run Vista
Test Subject
#21 Old 22nd Sep 2006 at 8:29 PM
OMG i have an Apple II in my closet!
thx im puttin it in my self simmys house!

arfenhouse!!!
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 16th Jan 2007 at 5:44 PM
Yay! Now i have the computer from LOST! I now have a fully working hatch...thank you so much!
Test Subject
#23 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 2:58 PM Last edited by draconicus : 4th Mar 2007 at 3:04 PM.
Hey! This is really great! I love old computers - particularly old Macs like this.

However, I'd like to point out that the Apple ][ ran programs in BASIC and didn't have any operating system to speak of, while yours looks as thought it's running Mac OS (though more likely the Apple II Desktop). It appears to have a second-generation Mac mouse, though in all fairness this was also used on the Apple IIgs and others. The point is that this particular Apple ][, from what I can tell, wouldn't have run anything close to this, but this is great anyway. I'm not entirely certain of the subject, so if I'm mistaken please let me know.

What I'd love to see now is a recreation of the LISA using the same images you used for this screen (they'd work fine). The LISA was the very first successful home computer to be based around a GUI with a mouse and such. It'd be neat to see. I can't provide pictures myself, but they're all over the internet. Not hard to find at all if you feel like making one.
#24 Old 16th Jan 2008 at 12:27 AM
This Still doesn't showup

In Loving Memory Of Stormy. 2000-2008

Pretty Long For a cancered Guinea Pig.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 18th Aug 2008 at 7:54 AM
I remember when I had those in school. They had this really fun (at the time, stupid now) game on it where you essentially walked around and tried to get to the bottom of some giant maze. I really hate older systems now, particularly PC, but it's like Super Mario: you don't have to like them, but if you like video games, you better respect it or you're a bad gamer. No Mario, no Sims. Simple as that. But I do like this as you did a good job on it.
Page 1 of 2