Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Adults Go Steady - (Updated 7/1/2007)

by syberspunk Posted 27th Jun 2006 at 6:02 PM - Updated 1st Jul 2007 at 6:17 PM by syberspunk : added Go Steady want check tree - requires teenenabledwoohoowants

62 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 59 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Field Researcher
Original Poster
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 27th Jun 2006 at 7:00 PM
Thankyou so much for this! I love it! I also didn't like how adults could only be "in love" or "engaged" and not be able to have any other kind of relationship.. and now they can! With a memory and everything!! Thankyou again! A definite 5 stars from me! You clearly worked very hard on this, and it is much appreciated!

Seize the moment... coz tomorrow you might be dead!
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#4 Old 27th Jun 2006 at 7:10 PM
i was waiting 4 someone to create this hack!
hope it will work fine for me

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 27th Jun 2006 at 7:50 PM Last edited by Outsider : 27th Jun 2006 at 10:03 PM.
Whoa! What kind of hacks do you have?! Your adult simguy is romantically involved with a teenboy! You have somekind of pederasty hack?
Well, i´m kind of shocked and disturbed, but not gonna turn into a moralizer like that royal
pain-in-the-ass Crumblebottom. That´s not me.
Well...Hhm..Uuhm... Where I can get that pederasty hack??
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 27th Jun 2006 at 9:44 PM
Thanks, now my simmies can have boyfriends and girlfriends instead of being in love/have a crush on someone. So cool, thankies! (Five stars :D)

Click here if you want to see something really cool!
Field Researcher
#7 Old 27th Jun 2006 at 11:32 PM
Thanks so much. I've been waiting for something like this so I didn't have to marry my self sims of me and my boyfriend or make them move in together. If this works properly, you'll be my hero!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 28th Jun 2006 at 12:31 AM
Hi, Lot's of threads have the words Woohoo and Teen....Where can I get the required Teen Woohoo (minus pregnancy)? The Inteenimater is just too too complicated for my tiny brain. Could you post a link to the Woohoo Teen thread? or URL?
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 28th Jun 2006 at 4:36 AM
Great!! Thanks!!

Buuuuut......Is it possible to make a version with No random/autonomous "Break Up"? I like to control my sims 110% of the time lol

~Infernal
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 28th Jun 2006 at 4:14 PM
Awesome. Why Maxis didn't make it like this in the first place is beyond me--adults can be boyfriend and girlfriend, too!

Out of commision because my computer is a complete piece of crap.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 28th Jun 2006 at 8:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KinwatsaZ
Could you post a link to the Woohoo Teen thread? or URL?

Well... you could do a google search for Woohoo Teen. Or search for other threads that might have links to them. But to save you the trouble, because I'm nice like that You can click here. Look for the appropriate version for your most recent EP.

Quote: Originally posted by Infernal_insanity
Great!! Thanks!!

Buuuuut......Is it possible to make a version with No random/autonomous "Break Up"? I like to control my sims 110% of the time lol

Uhhh... sure... no problem!! You're Welcome!!

Buuuuut......Have you used the noautonomy version? And did you find that the "Break Up" interaction is NOT autonomous? Because the noautonomy version should not have ANY autonomy in it. Hence, the noautonomy. Let me know otherwise, since it is 110% not clear from your post. lol

Ste
Test Subject
#12 Old 29th Jun 2006 at 3:33 AM
Thank you for this. I've always wondered why it's only teens that have the Go Steady interaction and not adults too. I'm pretty positive that Adults have a steady boyfriend or girlfriend before they hop into an engagement.
Test Subject
#13 Old 29th Jun 2006 at 3:11 PM
Wait, where does the "ask to get naked" thing come from? And macro, selectable, etc.? (in the screenshot)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 29th Jun 2006 at 6:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dirrtyvogue
Wait, where does the "ask to get naked" thing come from? And macro, selectable, etc.? (in the screenshot)

Because I am 'nice' I will answer these off-topic questions just this once. Any further off-topic questions will be summarily ignored.

The 'ask to get naked' option I believe comes from Crammyboy's nudist mod.

The macro option comes from J.M. Pescado's macrotastics mod.

The selectable option comes from eric etc's InSIMenator.

In the future, if you are looking for a particular download, I suggest using the search tool or Google or using the Where Can I Find? forum.

I'd appreciate it if you would all please limit your comments, questions, problems, and feedback to the 'Adults Go Steady' mod in this thread.

Cheers!

Ste
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 6th Jul 2006 at 6:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by syberspunk
Buuuuut......Have you used the noautonomy version? And did you find that the "Break Up" interaction is NOT autonomous? Because the noautonomy version should not have ANY autonomy in it. Hence, the noautonomy. Let me know otherwise, since it is 110% not clear from your post. lol

Ste

lol my apologies!! It is 110% clear that I apparently do not read properly I was reading your post and just saw all this stuff that the Sims will autonomously do, and didn't check to see if a no-autonomy version was even available! Sorry about that, and thank you for being lighthearted about my dumbness! hehe

~Infernal
Test Subject
#16 Old 7th Jul 2006 at 2:32 PM
I downloaded this mod and the first thing two of my very in love adult sims did was one autonimously asked the other to go steady and of course the other accepted. It was so cute.

Nice job!
Test Subject
#17 Old 17th Jul 2006 at 5:29 PM
Can adults already go steady if you have InTeen?
Test Subject
#18 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 4:36 PM
Wow. thanks can anyone have WooHoo with anyone now...? (sorry, I'm no good at english)...
Test Subject
#19 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 11:26 PM
I can't get it to work!! I don't know why. I erased any conflicting mods and I downloaded the correct version of this mod as well as teen woohoo (I have TS2 only). help!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 24th Jul 2006 at 6:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Minikanini
Wow. thanks can anyone have WooHoo with anyone now...? (sorry, I'm no good at english)...

Depends on what you mean by 'can anyone have Woohoo with anyone'

JenFlower's Woohoo Teens mod found here allows Woohoo between teens, and teens and adults.

Jase's InTeenimater found here also allows Woohoo between teens, and teens and adults, as well as enables teen pregnancy.

I hope that's what you mean. There are also other mods that make it easier for sims to woohoo with almost anybody, with lower relationship requirements, such as LizzLove's Swinger's Bed or christianlov's Easy Bed. They are also similar hacks for hot tubs and clothing booths and what not. I suggest using the search tool or google to look for these things. You can also try twojeffs' Casual Romance mod.

Quote: Originally posted by Frannie bean13
I can't get it to work!! I don't know why. I erased any conflicting mods and I downloaded the correct version of this mod as well as teen woohoo (I have TS2 only). help!

I need a more detailed explanation of your problem. What do you mean by 'can't get it to work'?

What exactly is not working? Have you made sure that:

A) The file(s) are in your Downloads folder
B) You unzipped the files
C) You have custom content enabled
D) The sims you are trying to have them 'Go Steady' meet the regular relationship requirements i.e. they have a high enough relationship or are in crush/love, and they are NOT already 'Going Steady', engaged, or married to someone else.

Please describe an example of a couple that you are trying to have Go Steady. What are their stats? i.e. Age, gender, short term and long term relationship scores, do they have crush or love hearts set, etc.

Is there anyone else who has only the base game and is finding problems with this mod not working? Please let me know. Thanks.

Ste
Test Subject
#21 Old 26th Jul 2006 at 11:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by syberspunk
Depends on what you mean by 'can anyone have Woohoo with anyone'

JenFlower's Woohoo Teens mod found here allows Woohoo between teens, and teens and adults.

Jase's InTeenimater found here also allows Woohoo between teens, and teens and adults, as well as enables teen pregnancy.

I hope that's what you mean. There are also other mods that make it easier for sims to woohoo with almost anybody, with lower relationship requirements, such as LizzLove's Swinger's Bed or christianlov's Easy Bed. They are also similar hacks for hot tubs and clothing booths and what not. I suggest using the search tool or google to look for these things. You can also try twojeffs' Casual Romance mod.

I need a more detailed explanation of your problem. What do you mean by 'can't get it to work'?

What exactly is not working? Have you made sure that:

A) The file(s) are in your Downloads folder
B) You unzipped the files
C) You have custom content enabled
D) The sims you are trying to have them 'Go Steady' meet the regular relationship requirements i.e. they have a high enough relationship or are in crush/love, and they are NOT already 'Going Steady', engaged, or married to someone else.

Please describe an example of a couple that you are trying to have Go Steady. What are their stats? i.e. Age, gender, short term and long term relationship scores, do they have crush or love hearts set, etc.

Is there anyone else who has only the base game and is finding problems with this mod not working? Please let me know. Thanks.

Ste

A) yes
B) yes
C) yes
D) yes

The couple consists of a male and female both nonmarried, nonengaged adults. They both have love hearts for eachother and they're short term/longterm relationship status is 98-100 (for both sims). I go to the propose option and the only options that appear are: engagement, move in, and stay the night.
Test Subject
#22 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 6:14 AM
It doesnt work for me

can u help me
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 6th Aug 2006 at 9:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Frannie bean13
A) yes
B) yes
C) yes
D) yes

The couple consists of a male and female both nonmarried, nonengaged adults. They both have love hearts for eachother and they're short term/longterm relationship status is 98-100 (for both sims). I go to the propose option and the only options that appear are: engagement, move in, and stay the night.

Sorry it's been awhile. I'm currently busy with school stuff, but I haven't forgotten about this. It just may take awhile for me to get around to testing this out and figuring out the problem. At the moment though, I do not know what the problem would be, unless you have some sneaky hacks in your game that are conflicting with it. I know you said you only had 'teen woohoo' but try using dizzy2's or Paladin's hack conflict detection tools in the meantime, just in case. Hacks can sneak into games if you download lots.

When I get a chance, I'll try and see if I can test it out in a basegame environment or ask other people who only have the basegame if they have similar problems.

Quote: Originally posted by LaLa29
It doesnt work for me

can u help me

It looks like you have all EPs. It works in my game (I have everything up to FFS). So... without further details, no, I cannot help you. Sorry.

Ste
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 14th Aug 2006 at 11:08 PM
Thanks to Frannie bean13, I identified a minor bug in my code. I was using the original TEST Bhavs from the Base Game/Uni version for Going Steady, which specifically checks if the target sim is a teenager. It was working in the NL/OFB version, and I forgot to make the same changes for the Base Game/Uni version. This should be fixed now.

If you are having problems getting this to work, you need to make sure you have fulfilled the following:

1) You are using the correct version for your game and EPs

2) Your sims that you are trying to have 'Go Steady' must meet the regular relationship requirements i.e. they should at least have a crushes, and they cannot already be Going Steady, Engaged, or Married to someone else.

Ste
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 15th Aug 2006 at 7:11 PM
Furthermore, it's been pointed out to me that:

For optimum results, this hack requires the 'Go Steady Critical Fix' and the 'Age Transitions - Teens Keep Loves' fixes by twojeffs found here.

I forgot to mention this. I have a tendency to just assume that everyone uses all the hacks I do, or at least the critical fixes. Critical fixes are hacks that every user should have, even if you do not currently witness any symptoms of the problem in your game specifically. These are the type of fixes that are absolutely necessary because they could potentially cause major problems or data corruption in your game. Even if you do not have the problem occuring in your game now, that doesn't mean it could won't crop up later, and by then, it may be too late to fix your game unless you revert to an earlier backup of your data.

Since this information is critical, I felt it warranted a separate post rather than an edit to my previous one. That way, anyone subscribing to the thread will be notified and will be more likely to read this message.

Ste
Page 1 of 3