Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Maxis/EA lost and foun lot 3

by morten8035 Posted 22nd Jun 2006 at 11:39 AM - Updated 23rd Jun 2006 at 5:20 PM by nengi65 : fixed thumbnail setting

30 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 29 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Alchemist
#2 Old 23rd Jun 2006 at 5:44 PM
Very nice, thank you for discovering it. It's a small house but very functional.
The right one as starter. Thanks again and ciao.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 23rd Jun 2006 at 6:03 PM
will this work with the base game only?
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Jun 2006 at 6:41 PM
Yes. It is from the tutorial in the game.

Unauthorized incoming post!
Field Researcher
#5 Old 23rd Jun 2006 at 7:30 PM
nice 1 thanx
Field Researcher
#6 Old 23rd Jun 2006 at 8:45 PM
cool thank you

Taste the rainbow...eat crayons
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Jun 2006 at 9:27 PM
Thanks for cemments

Forum Resident
#8 Old 24th Jun 2006 at 3:22 AM
Just as I suspected. This lot does in fact crash games that do not have expansion packs above university. Interestingly enough it installed with the installer that comes with the game. But when I went to select it I noticed the screenshot of the house was not the same as the others (the sky showed) and it crashed my game when I selected it. Now my question is how do I remove this lot so someone unsuspecting doesn't click on it and crash my game while they are playing. I cannot remove it in the game because it crashes when selected.
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 24th Jun 2006 at 9:22 AM
Do you mean in lot Catalog?
Go to My documents/ EA games/ the sims 2/ LotCatalog
The ir all lots so is in Lot Catalog in game. try to find out what of these files so is that house and delte it.
But these house has never crash my game.

Field Researcher
#10 Old 24th Jun 2006 at 4:00 PM
W00T!
I LOVE THE TUTORIAL HOME!
nice, and thanks!

It takes more time to TyPe LyK dIs than it does to type like this.
Forum Resident
#11 Old 24th Jun 2006 at 10:51 PM
The house wont crash your game because you have all the expansion packs. I only have the base game and university. I cannot use it in my game because you have expansion packs past University. There is a post all about the issue of downloading houses that come from games with night life and beyond and trying to put them into games that are only the base game or university.
Instructor
Original Poster
#12 Old 25th Jun 2006 at 8:11 AM
Yes I found the house before Open for bussies come out.
But If houses need some EP and you don't have it, will it not be possible to install it.

Forum Resident
#13 Old 25th Jun 2006 at 4:59 PM
It will install if you install it with sims2pack clean installer. I may have installed it with that I thought I installed it with the installer that comes from the game. But the point is, people without nightlife and open for buisness cannot download this from you because you have them. Did you find this house when you had Nightlife? because the preview of the house before you go to click on it to place it somewhere has a different terrain view of it, this terrain comes with nightlife. The only views a house that is for the base game will have either desert or grassy since those are the only two that the base game and university have.
Instructor
Original Poster
#14 Old 25th Jun 2006 at 5:45 PM
I have moved it on a nightborhood so has that terrain. and take the pictures.
try to get nightlife and try then

Sorry for my english.

Forum Resident
#15 Old 25th Jun 2006 at 6:17 PM
lol im not gonna go out and buy nightlife with money i dont have. this is why i wish this website would check the houses so things like this dont happen. Most people fail to specify which games they have and if the house needs them and it gets very irritating downloading houses that Im not going to be able to use and will crash my game. Unfortunatly the people running this website don't check those things they just check to see if the house meets their criteria not if it has been placed in the correct categories.
Instructor
Original Poster
#16 Old 25th Jun 2006 at 6:23 PM
The house don't need any EP.
maybe I taked the picture at a nightlife terrain so do it.

Forum Resident
#17 Old 25th Jun 2006 at 6:31 PM Last edited by AmandaPanda1988 : 25th Jun 2006 at 6:37 PM. Reason: trying to clarify
lol yes it does need eps past university. The only EP i have is University and the house does not work in my game. Therefore it does need those EPs.

It needs them because YOU have them. It doesnt matter which game this house came from it matters that you had the other EPs installed when you extracted it and uploaded it.
Instructor
Original Poster
#18 Old 25th Jun 2006 at 8:34 PM
It do only need EP's if it is parts from EPs in the house. and it no parts from EP in the house.

Forum Resident
#19 Old 26th Jun 2006 at 1:12 AM Last edited by AmandaPanda1988 : 26th Jun 2006 at 1:20 AM.
This is not true. When the nightlife EP came out Maxis made it so that people without Nightlife could not use houses that came from games with Nightlife installed on them even if the house has NO nightlife parts in it, it still cannot be used. I am going to find the topic that talks about this issue and post it because for some reason I cannot get through to you that it does need these EPs to work.

here we go a link to a huge discussion about this subject. Hopefully you will understand what I have been trying to say to you if you read what the people have said on here.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=96826
Field Researcher
#20 Old 26th Jun 2006 at 4:41 AM
lol. i extracted this house form tutorial too!
neve thought of uplaoding it... lol
Instructor
#21 Old 26th Jun 2006 at 7:36 AM
Where did you find that? Its great!
Instructor
Original Poster
#22 Old 26th Jun 2006 at 8:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AmandaPanda1988
This is not true. When the nightlife EP came out Maxis made it so that people without Nightlife could not use houses that came from games with Nightlife installed on them even if the house has NO nightlife parts in it, it still cannot be used. I am going to find the topic that talks about this issue and post it because for some reason I cannot get through to you that it does need these EPs to work.

here we go a link to a huge discussion about this subject. Hopefully you will understand what I have been trying to say to you if you read what the people have said on here.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=96826

AT at other vBulletin sims forum it's many so upload house so only need few EP if they have all. and many so don't have all EP can use these house.

Quote: Originally posted by vimto666
Where did you find that? Its great!

I found it in: The sims 2/Neighborhoods/Tutorial

Forum Resident
#23 Old 26th Jun 2006 at 2:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by morten8035
AT at other vBulletin sims forum it's many so upload house so only need few EP if they have all. and many so don't have all EP can use these house.

i dont quite understand what you are trying to say.
Instructor
Original Poster
#24 Old 26th Jun 2006 at 3:26 PM
If one so upload a house has all EP but do not use any parts from EP's do the house work for them so not has all EP's
That workwd at me before i get all EP

Lab Assistant
#25 Old 1st Jul 2006 at 10:43 PM
she is right.. that terrain is from Nightlife EP.
Page 1 of 2