Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[Requested] Zoicite- Sailor Moon

by meowski Posted 12th Jun 2006 at 5:21 AM - Updated 14th Jun 2006 at 2:12 AM by meowski

21 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 19 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
#2 Old 12th Jun 2006 at 7:12 AM
nice work
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 12th Jun 2006 at 9:16 PM
Now I have some sims to marry off to my Inner Senshi. All four of Mamo-chan's Lieutenants!
Test Subject
#4 Old 12th Jun 2006 at 9:47 PM
I hate to break this to all you sailor moon fans but in the original Japanese version Zoicite is male they change him to a her for the american version just something I should bring up good job by the way
Field Researcher
#5 Old 12th Jun 2006 at 10:20 PM Last edited by dunner1 : 12th Jun 2006 at 10:41 PM. Reason: corrections and spelling
I'm glad that he IS a male sim; the Japanese version is much better for that; he was a male in the anime as well.

I think this is a terrific job! Excellent work. :D

As an interesting sidenote, Zoicite and Kunzite (Malachite in the US version) only had a relationship with each other in the Sailor Moon Japanese anime. As it was stated, Zoicite was changed to a woman in the US dub. In the original manga, he and Kunzite didn't have a relationship, so to speak, although there is one issue that Zoicite did dress like a woman, just like in the anime.

Also, in one of Ms. Naoko Takeuchi's Sailor Moon manga, she has an art page that does show each King (or General) pictured with one of the Inner Senshi, hinting at relationships for them back during the Silver Millenium on the moon.

This was also elborated on in the Sailor Moon: Another Story rpg video game for the Super Famicom (SNES) in Japan. Here's how they were paired up: Mercury is with Zoicite, Mars is with Jadeite, Jupiter is with Nephrite and Venus is with Kunzite.

Hope that was a nice little Sailor Moon lesson for everyone.

<('_'<) <('_')> (>'_')>
Field Researcher
#6 Old 13th Jun 2006 at 9:02 AM
Fascinating... I never knew any of that... although I did know that Zoicite was originally male :D

"Are you mad?"
"Possibly."
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 14th Jun 2006 at 2:03 AM Last edited by meowski : 14th Jun 2006 at 2:16 AM.
Watch the live action, it changes all of that. The only pairing is an innuendo between Nephrite and Ami. Zoicite and Kunzite are bitter rivals in the live version.

Also, these are the versions I want to do when I get more skill:

http://viski.freepgs.com/pgsm/

Mamo-chan is next. I'm going to attempt Shibue Jiyoi as Mamoru as well as an anime version and package them together.

"If there is anything that accrues my ire, it's confounded serpents upon my dirigible!" -Serpents Upon My Dirigible
More sims stuff can be found here. Site has a bandwidth limit, be gentle.
Project info is found in my journal. Please direct your requests to the jounal.
Test Subject
#8 Old 14th Jun 2006 at 6:08 AM
Default omg
Quote: Originally posted by meowski
Watch the live action, it changes all of that. The only pairing is an innuendo between Nephrite and Ami. Zoicite and Kunzite are bitter rivals in the live version.

Also, these are the versions I want to do when I get more skill:

http://viski.freepgs.com/pgsm/

Mamo-chan is next. I'm going to attempt Shibue Jiyoi as Mamoru as well as an anime version and package them together.

OMG I would love you forever if you did PGSM!Shitennou!!!! *is already giggly thinking about it*
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 14th Jun 2006 at 6:57 AM
That's going to have to take some time. Their costumes are extremely detailed with sequent and stuff all over the place, and the buttons on Zoicite's jacket will be a nightmare. When I say evnetually, I mean a long, long time from now. Heh, maybe I'll make their hair look really artificial like it did in the show =P Nephrite was the only one not to wear a wig, and only Kunzite's wig could be passed off as anything close to real hair, and you could see Zoicite's real hair underneath.

"If there is anything that accrues my ire, it's confounded serpents upon my dirigible!" -Serpents Upon My Dirigible
Field Researcher
#10 Old 14th Jun 2006 at 8:31 AM
Zoicite was my fav. in PGSM though, actually. I really loved how they changed his character! I really liked the live action series (I've seen the whole thing), but I like the anime/manga better story-wise, of course.

I'd love to see an excellent Queen Beryl sim too.

<('_'<) <('_')> (>'_')>
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 17th Jun 2006 at 12:43 AM
GOD THANK YOU! I have wanted these for MONTHS to complete my anime/gaming 'hood. ..let's see. ..I wonder what the crossbreeds of the Kings' kids with the Turks' kids will look like. . .hmm?
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 17th Jun 2006 at 4:50 PM
ok.. u made all this stuff... and i dont even remember this person in the american version! some one explain.. i watched sailor moon every day on cartoon network till it was cancelled, could you please exsplain.. cuz im confused

Potc rocks! savvy.. mate
Drink up me hearties yo-ho

Legolas Is Love <33 LOTR shall live forever! ELVES rules the world! they live forever!!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 18th Jun 2006 at 12:37 AM
Zoisite in the original anime was male, in the dub he was a she. :D
Field Researcher
#14 Old 18th Jun 2006 at 1:24 AM Last edited by dunner1 : 18th Jun 2006 at 7:55 AM. Reason: repairing my link
Here is a small pic of Zoicite from the anime.

EDIT: Sorry if you couldn't see the picture before. That's been fixed!

<('_'<) <('_')> (>'_')>
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 18th Jun 2006 at 7:40 PM
omg! now i kno who that is.. um... its.. that.. umm ... person.. lol

Potc rocks! savvy.. mate
Drink up me hearties yo-ho

Legolas Is Love <33 LOTR shall live forever! ELVES rules the world! they live forever!!
Test Subject
#16 Old 10th Jul 2006 at 4:27 PM
Zoicite
Zoicite is not a guy, Zoicite is a girl!!
look carfuly at the american and jap Zoicite you'll see her top, yes it's a SHE!
Test Subject
#17 Old 17th Jul 2006 at 3:33 AM
kanzaya, shut up, zoicite is indeed a male
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 19th Jul 2006 at 2:46 AM
Don't get rude, guys. ^^

Zoicite is male in the manga as well as the original television series, also the live action show. They were making him a "bishounen", a beautiful male, and adding a "shounen-ai" element to the show, two males in love.

Zoicite may have pecs, but no breasts. Also, his groin is drawn as if he is male.

Test Subject
#19 Old 4th Oct 2006 at 9:09 AM
That's so common in Sailor Moon... you have Zoicite, and Fish-Eye, and of course the Starlights! ^^;;; Fish-Eye reminds me of Nuriko from Fushigi Yuugi... at least Zoicite doesn't act like a woman...
Test Subject
#20 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 3:20 AM
is there a female version of this outfit?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 30th May 2011 at 5:49 AM
Zoisite was a female only in the American version because of cultural differences.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 2nd Aug 2013 at 1:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Moquerie
Zoisite was a female only in the American version because of cultural differences.

He was a female in the Mexican version too.