Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

843 S. El Molino

by BrokenLit Posted 29th May 2006 at 10:58 PM - Updated 27th Jun 2006 at 7:38 AM by BrokenLit

28 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 27 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Mistress of architectural mishaps
retired moderator
#2 Old 30th May 2006 at 8:33 AM
:clap: Very pretty house, great job!

Retired from Simming
Scholar
#3 Old 30th May 2006 at 9:38 AM
Beautiful house,
great work and thanks for sharing

Please note - I'm not taking any requests at the moment.

You may include my items in your uploads but please credit with a link to either the object or my creator page please.

My Sims 2 videos
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 30th May 2006 at 5:21 PM
Broken Lit: this is a VERY beautiful house, and so nicely decorated too.
Very inviting, thank you for sharing this one.

You can find my work at Just Another Sims Site
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#5 Old 30th May 2006 at 5:42 PM
Awesome house - any chance of specifying what items you put in the house from the sites specified so we know what to look for? =)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 30th May 2006 at 11:27 PM Last edited by BrokenLit : 30th May 2006 at 11:49 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by discordkitty
any chance of specifying what items you put in the house

Eeek! There's so many. Anything in particular catching your eye?

I can tell you that pretty much all of the chairs/couches came from Holy Simoly. I love their furniture.

The cabinets and "clutter" inside are from a couple of different threads here at MTS2.

The bathtub, screen and walk-in closet interior are from Sunair Sims. I get a lot of stuff from there. Beautiful creations.

The beds and some of the other bedroom furniture came from Sims2luxe. Some of their stuff is free and some of it's only available if you donate through paypal. I thought their stuff was so good that I paid gladly.

A lot of the accesories I used are probably from Well Dressed Sims and Around the Sims 2. They make great accesories to decorate with.

Some of the paintings were by me and can be found here at MTS2 in my "Ode to Factory Living" lot (or there's a seperate zip file with just the paintings and not the lot).

Hope that helps. Let me know if you're having trouble finding something specific and I'll try to help track it down.
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#7 Old 31st May 2006 at 12:13 AM
I liked the accessories really - the oranges and the bowl and knives in the kitchen, various flowers in the house, the clutter on the desk and the one table. The couch with the polka dot pillows and the dressing table with mirror in the bedroom. I'll poke around and send you a PM if I end up not being able to find some stuff ;p thanks for elaborating!

Such a gorgeous house I want to try and decorate it as closely as I can
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 31st May 2006 at 2:31 AM
I don't remember exactly where the oranges are from, but the knives in the kitchen are from this site.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=52182

boblishman makes really great accessories. I have a lot of them in my game, especially the kitchen ones.
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#9 Old 31st May 2006 at 4:37 AM
Yeah I have a lot of boblishmans stuff he's great =)

Do you mind if I use the picture with the oranges featured to throw up a where can I find thread on the social forums? =)
Mistress of architectural mishaps
retired moderator
#10 Old 31st May 2006 at 7:11 AM
discordkitty, find the oranges in the bowl here:
http://www.4eversimfantasy.net/kitchen7.htm

Retired from Simming
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#11 Old 31st May 2006 at 7:30 PM
Awesome thanks so much =)
Test Subject
#12 Old 1st Jun 2006 at 7:49 AM
its a wonderful house

but i wish i could have it furnished.

=/
Test Subject
#13 Old 5th Jun 2006 at 3:46 AM
wow this house looks nice is there anyway to get this house furnished? It would be like a birthday present to all of us, if you could put it up furnished! lol might not happen but I tried, anyways Nice House.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 5th Jun 2006 at 6:51 PM
Well, I guess I could get a version furnished with only maxis content? But a lot of the content in the pictures isn't allowed to be included in uploads.
Test Subject
#15 Old 6th Jun 2006 at 1:17 AM
that would be lovely!!
its soo beautiful..thats what attracted me to itin the first place was how it was soo wonderfully furnished...
im looking for a house that is as realistically furnished as possible...
im talking about real kitchen clutter and toilet paper in the bathrooms and everything possible!!!
ive been looking soo long and i thought ifound it but i understand why you can include some uploads..
do you pay for some of them cuz i think that is such a rip off!?!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 6th Jun 2006 at 6:13 PM
Well, I pay a subscription at TSR, which lets me download anything I want from there. And I paid for some of the items I downloaded from Sims2Luxe because I thought they were really beautiful.

Sometimes I wish there weren't pay sites, but I understand (owning a website myself) that paying for bandwidth and space can get expensive. And asking people to donate a small amount of money for some of the items on your site (not all) is the only way some creators feel thay can keep their site and their content online for people to use.

I guess... I could try and go through the house and see what custom content is and isn't allowed to be included in an upload, and anything that isn't allowed I'll remove and replace with something maxis created. Then I'll provide a link to the unincluded item so you can go download it yourselves?

That's the only thing I can think of.
Test Subject
#17 Old 7th Jun 2006 at 5:42 PM
That would be great BrokenLit!
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#18 Old 11th Jun 2006 at 2:43 AM
That would be awesome =) I've been trying to recreate the gorgeous decorating job you've done to no avail!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 16th Jun 2006 at 3:03 AM
Just wanted to let you know that I haven't forgotten about the furnished house.

I've just finished going through the whole lot and checking to see which pieces of custom content are allowed to be included in uploaded lots (not many ) and removing the pieces that aren't. Some I've replaced with whatever piece of Maxis furniture looked most similar, others I didn't have a replacement for so there's just a blank space where they should be.

The house looks a little barer than before and not as nice, IMO. But I can't upload content that isn't allowed to be uploaded.

I have about 5 pages of my notebook filled with custom content and creators names to go through and get links to so you can get all the content I had to remove, if you want to. I'll try to get it all posted tomorrow.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 16th Jun 2006 at 9:43 PM Last edited by BrokenLit : 16th Jun 2006 at 10:09 PM.
Default Remind me to never do this again. lol
Furnished Version 4.79MB (zipped) / 14MB (unzipped)

This version is furnished with Maxis content and custom content that is allowed to be uploaded with lots. If you see anything in this download that you don't think is allowed to be uploaded, let me know and I'll remove it.

There is 1 item in the house that isn't allowed to be uploaded, but since I unselected it in clean installer, it shouldn't show up anyway unless you have it in your game already. I just couldn't get it out of the house. It's a decorative object from 4ESF (candles). I couldn't pick them up to delete them, not even with move_objects on. I don't know why, but I've had this problem with another type of candle from 4ESF before. *shrug* Sorry.

Okay, so... custom content...

Included:

SimSporty" Basketball and Goal set - JWoods
Porch Swing - momma"b"
Outdoor Lantern - Numenor
Charmed Paintings - Aimoss
Paintings by Me

Not Included:
(If you want your lot to look like the one in the pictures, you should download these)

From MTS2:

Scarborough Kitchen Collection - RGiles and Izombe, Birch and Buxton recolors - JessicaRitchie
Kitchen Clutter for RGiles cabinets - luslipz73
Washing Up Rack and Dishes - Boblishman
Kitchen Knife Wooden Block Set - Boblishman
Laundry Basket - Boblishman

From 4 Ever Simfantasy

Easel and Blank Canvas (set - Other 1 Artists Studio)
Oranges in a Bowl (set - Kitchen 7)
Kitchen Palm Plant (set - Kitchen 6)
Candles (set - Dining 5)
Outdoor Parasol (set - Outdoor 7)
Outdoor Lamp (set - Other 5)
Potted Plant (set - Other 5)

(The last 2 items on this list cannot be downloaded as single items, they are part of the "White Set". if you want to downloaed them, download the whole set in the zip file offered, and if you don't want the rest of the set, just extract these two files: 4esfother5lightingwall.package and 4esfother5plantpot.package)

From Around the Sims 2:

Wind Chime
Desk Accessories
Bengal Study Short Bookcase, Desk Accessories and Candles
Outdoor Recliner and Loveseat

From Sims 2 Play:

Femira Chair (part of the green bedroom set. You'll need to download the chair's mesh from the white set above it also)
Mallory Loveseat and Chair (mesh + recolors)
Decorative Pillows (the pillows in the pictures I posted took their texture from the Country Rose Bedroom Set by luslipz73, so if you want them to look the same, you'll need that also)

I also got most (if not all) of the rugs I used in the house from this site. Just look around and see which ones you like and don't forget that you need to download the 2x3, 3x3 and 3x4 rug meshes by Windkeeper and Echo for them to work in the game.

From SunairSims:
A lot of the stuff by Sunair came from thesimsresource.com, which is a pay site and is down at the moment, so I can't get links for you. But here is a list of items I got from TSR:

Vases with Oranges Deco
Purse with Sunflowers
Floor Mirror
Laptop
Wooden Bedroom Dresser
Sunflowers in Vase

Here are the items by Sunair that are available on their free site, not TSR:
(sorry I can't give you direct links, their site is in flash. I'll provide page numbers though)

SCF Bathtub and Bathroom Bath Table - SCF Bathroom Set (page 60)
Screen - Curvy Living Room 1 (page 34)
Ceiling Lamp - Kitchen Island (page 31)
Coffee Table - Candy Glass Living Room 2 (page 25)
Dresser - Sectional Bedroom Furniture 2 (page 23)
Air Pump - Modern Wood Kitchen Set (page 19)
Towel Shelf 1 & 2 - Modern Wood Bathroom Set (page 18)
Curtain - Fabric Modern Living Room (page 14)

From Mango-Sims2:

Ceiling Light - Set Valentine (if you place your cursor over the download link it will tell you what the item is in English)
Plant - Set Oleria

I went through every set at Mango-Sims2 trying to find the plant I used on the balcony, but I couldn't see it in any of the pictures. This one would probably work fine though:

Plant - Set Louisa

From SimGedoehns:

Kitchen Vase - RIVA Kitchen
Ceiling Lamp - RIVA Kitchen
Bonsai in White Vase - Livingroom 01
Plant - HiTeQ Livingroom
Wall Lamp - Yang Bedroom
Book - Yang Bedroom

From Reflexsims:
(can't give you links to the objects, but I'll give you page numbers)

Round Table - "Shalimar Feels at Home" (kitchen - page 1 [scroll down for the main set in lightwood])
Decorative Wall Hanging - "Shalimar Feels at Home" (kitchen - page 1 [scroll down, same set as above])
White Sideboard - "Inviting Diningroom" (diningroom - page 1)
Ceiling Lamp - "Inviting Diningroom" (diningroom - page 1)
Picture - "Inviting Diningroom" (diningroom - page 1)
Chair - "Comart Diningroom" (diningroom - page 1)
Chair - "Hallao Diningroom" + white recolor (diningroom - page 1)

From Sims2Luxe:
(this site has some donation items that I liked so much I was willing to pay for them. A lot of the items I used from this site were part of donation sets, so unless you pay, you won't be able to use them )

Amana Diningroom Chair (donation)
Arcadia Diningroom Chair (donation)
Amana Bed (free)
Arcadia Lamp (free)
Arcadia Makeup Table (donation)
Sultana End Table (donation)
Sultana Bed (donation)
Reva End Table (free)
Curtain (free)

From Holy Simoly:

Arizona Lounge Suite mesh + "circles in rust" and "circles set in white" recolors (bottom row)
Hutchy Desk mesh + walnut and white recolors

From Well Dressed Sim:

Hydrangeas in a Bowl
Buds and Bottles Tulips

From TSR (I think):
(since TSR is down right now, I'll try to get the links later)

Yellow Flowers - Solfal
Hydrophonic Flower - Windkeeper
Maxis Un-locked Flower Arrangement - simaddict99

That's all, folks! Have fun!
Alchemist
#21 Old 27th Jun 2006 at 8:26 PM
I've seen your houses only now, I have to say that this one is gorgeous but most of all you've done a great work in giving so many infos about custom content, it's not a standard way to act (even if here on MTS2 all creators are always ready to give links to us, crazy and addicted downloaders).
Thank you very much for the wonderful house and for your kindness.
Kiss and ciao.
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#22 Old 28th Jun 2006 at 12:28 AM
All I can say is WOW - thank you SO much for all the hard work you put in to letting us know where to get everything and what to get. It is VERY appreciated - you're a star. Thanks so so so SO much
Field Researcher
#23 Old 28th Jun 2006 at 11:18 AM
843 S. El Molino??? You living in Altadena or Pasadena or what??? lol

fred~paix~frieden~vrede~ειρήνη~pace~paz~мир~baris~scholem~paqe~shAnti~kalinaw~©M¥*~mir~rahu~malu~béke~paghidait~miers~armonie~PEACE
Visit Simpathetic.com for Sims 2 fashion, genetics and movies.You're gonna like it
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 28th Jun 2006 at 6:53 PM
It's the address of the house they used in the movie Father of the Bride. And this house is based on/inspired by that house, so I just stuck with the real life address. But, yes. That house was located in Pasadena.
Test Subject
#25 Old 28th Jun 2006 at 11:27 PM
where did you get the kitchen table? i scanned the list and clicked links and couldn't find it.
i want it. lol

On the floating, shapeless oceans...I did all my best to smile...till your singing eyes and fingers drew me loving into your eyes. And you sang: "Sail to me; sail to me, let me enfold you."
-Song to the Siren, This Mortal Coil
Page 1 of 2