Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

New Robe Mesh for your witches/medieval sims

by mia86 Posted 21st May 2006 at 3:08 PM - Updated 21st Jul 2006 at 8:32 PM by mia86 : making compatible for elders

27 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 25 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 21st May 2006 at 3:21 PM
I adore these new robes Mia, it's what we HP sim fans have been waiting for!!

I don't think the mesh in the Midsummer Night's Dream collection is a mod quite like yours, I think it's an entirely new mesh, where as you've just changed the alpha mesh a little - so I think you might need to do the same with the male graduation robes

thank you so much!!!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 21st May 2006 at 3:30 PM
wow there awsome!
Test Subject
#4 Old 21st May 2006 at 3:45 PM
Very nice! ^_^

Thank-you~ =D
Forum Resident
#5 Old 21st May 2006 at 5:50 PM
Lovely, thanks

//HB

♥Adam Ant♥
No, I don't take request at the moment
11/7 -09 My beautiful niece was born!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st May 2006 at 6:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by emiejemy
I don't think the mesh in the Midsummer Night's Dream collection is a mod quite like yours, I think it's an entirely new mesh, where as you've just changed the alpha mesh a little - so I think you might need to do the same with the male graduation robes

Yes it may be an entirely new mesh, but in the back, where the hood is hanging down, it looks nearly the same as the graduation mesh.
Though when I think of it, it doesn't work for young adults. Maybe I'll do the male version too then.

you can still pm me with requests and stuff...only i'm not very often logged in at the moment...
busy with real life, try later again ;)
Test Subject
#7 Old 21st May 2006 at 7:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mia86
Yes it may be an entirely new mesh, but in the back, where the hood is hanging down, it looks nearly the same as the graduation mesh.
Though when I think of it, it doesn't work for young adults. Maybe I'll do the male version too then.

I would be greatful for a male version of this mesh! :D
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 21st May 2006 at 8:29 PM
I would be very grateful for a teenage version of this mesh - for my 'Harry Potter' sims who don't want to have uniform underneath their robes like they do in the film!
(since when does it mention in the books that they have uniform underneath anyway?!)
Thank you for this mesh for adults as well, it looks really nice!
Instructor
#9 Old 22nd May 2006 at 12:37 AM
Sweet! I've been waiting for someone to do this for the longest time! Perfect for my Hogwarts simmies. Thanks a lot!
Field Researcher
#10 Old 22nd May 2006 at 8:29 AM
I was thinking the same thing - in the books, they're supposed to wear plain black working robes if you pay attention to the letters... not coats over uniforms like in the movies... so these are much more appropriate Thanks!

"Are you mad?"
"Possibly."
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 22nd May 2006 at 12:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mia86

Oh, I never noticed that! Sorry about that, you're right, they do look the same (the Monk and Graduation mesh). Apologies
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 22nd May 2006 at 10:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by emiejemy
Oh, I never noticed that! Sorry about that, you're right, they do look the same (the Monk and Graduation mesh). Apologies

Not to mention

Quote: Originally posted by amzy829
I would be very grateful for a teenage version of this mesh

Dunno if I can do this, I haven't got much practise. But anyway I'll try it in the next 29 days! (Milkshape is only a trial version)

Oh, and it's nice to hear there are people on this site, who like the books better than the films! :D

you can still pm me with requests and stuff...only i'm not very often logged in at the moment...
Field Researcher
#13 Old 23rd May 2006 at 6:52 AM
Very nice! I love the two dresses! And the mesh is amazing!

It's the heart afraid of breaking that never learns to dance...
Test Subject
#14 Old 23rd May 2006 at 5:14 PM Last edited by GermanPlayer : 27th May 2006 at 11:18 AM.
Very good, thanks!!
I searched quite a long time for clothing to use in my Hogwarts neighbourhood and this robe was the really best !
I hope you will create a male`s robe in this way soon!
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 24th May 2006 at 3:30 PM
Thanks, this looks great! Would it be possible for you to convert this for teenagers?

La la la...
I am just a random, messy girl in a random, messy world...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 26th May 2006 at 2:28 AM
Good news amzy829 and Misfitrocker!
I spent most time today fiddling with the teenage versions. I'll upload them tomorrow together with the male version

Quote: Originally posted by Veen
Very nice! I love the two dresses! And the mesh is amazing!

As much as I like to be thanked, but I didn't do most part of the mesh. I just pulled down the hem of the graduation robe :D

Test Subject
#17 Old 26th May 2006 at 1:05 PM
Wow...so Cool!!!
Test Subject
#18 Old 27th May 2006 at 12:44 PM
As said in the male-robe treat, I realy love them. Somebody has asked for a recolor, I did two, one in green and one in blue, with a white collar. If you allow it to me, I'll try to set it online, in the hope that they'll accept it. (The last thing I tried was not good enough).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 27th May 2006 at 1:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kaikuki
As said in the male-robe treat, I realy love them. Somebody has asked for a recolor, I did two, one in green and one in blue, with a white collar. If you allow it to me, I'll try to set it online, in the hope that they'll accept it. (The last thing I tried was not good enough).

Of course you may recolour them Just link back here for the mesh.
I didn't know they actually checked the uploads before ... well, uploading them. I thought they only tagged bad ones afterwards.

Test Subject
#20 Old 27th May 2006 at 3:31 PM
Default Recolor
I set the blue/white recolor out in "the wild", the tread is posted, waiting to be unlocked. Hope you like it and big THANKS for making it possible and gaving me the permission.

greetings
kaikuki
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 27th May 2006 at 5:56 PM
Are the Female Robes supposed to show up for Elders? Because I just downloaded them yesterday I think, and While they show up for adults, they won't show up for my elders? Sniffles!!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 28th May 2006 at 5:47 PM Last edited by mia86 : 28th May 2006 at 5:56 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Eliza Blaine
Are the Female Robes supposed to show up for Elders? Because I just downloaded them yesterday I think, and While they show up for adults, they won't show up for my elders? Sniffles!!!

I'm SO SO sorry, Eliza. You must think nothing I do works.
When updating this thread I included the pictures, but forgot to put up the zip-file. Download the new file and I assure you everything will work just fine

I know I already disappointed you with the long table. Maybe you'll forgive me when I update the table to work with the base game. I found out how to do this and will upload tonight or tomorrow.
Would be great if you tested it for me and I hope I don't forget to upload the zip-file then

Lab Assistant
#23 Old 30th May 2006 at 1:24 AM Last edited by Eliza Blaine : 30th May 2006 at 3:42 AM. Reason: Adding to message
I would be more then willing to test the table, and you do not disappoint me at all, sometimes things just wont work, or we make mistakes, we are after all only human, thank you so much for updating this for the elder females, and I'll be looking for the table to try it out!! *(hugs)*

*****EUREKA***** the table works wonderfully so far so good!!! But I have one small question about the robes for females, is the grad robe supposed to show up in BLACK for elder? because all that's showing up grad robe wise for my elders is the faded one!!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 31st May 2006 at 1:31 AM
Hey Eliza, you notice everything do you? Maybe I should send you my creations BEFORE uploading, so I wouldn't have to do all the updates

No seriously, I didn't do any black recolour of the grad robe, but I'm at it right now and will upload in a few minutes

Test Subject
#25 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 11:39 PM
I can't download because I get a message about it being invalid or corrupt.

Please visit my sims fansite. It is for posting links to the best TS2 videos, stories, downloads, and Seasons reviews. There is also a forum and guestbook. http://www.freewebs.com/ladytshay/index.htm
Page 1 of 2