Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

UPDATE "buyable counterfeitingmachine!" Allways money!, no more busted by the cops

by smithycpl Posted 28th Apr 2006 at 12:50 AM - Updated 31st Dec 2012 at 7:44 AM by Phaenoh

25 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 23 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 28th Apr 2006 at 12:54 AM
I'm so sorry, but the "do not clone" warning on a counterfeiting machine strikes me funny Very cool - thank you!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Apr 2006 at 1:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chris47
I'm so sorry, but the "do not clone" warning on a counterfeiting machine strikes me funny Very cool - thank you!

only clone the money

Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
Mark Twain
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 28th Apr 2006 at 1:21 AM
Thank u for this object. I been trying to cheat less lately. Also I think u might want to change the required game because it came with EP1... I should know... its one of my favorite objects from that EP
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Apr 2006 at 1:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Vampchick
Thank u for this object. I been trying to cheat less lately. Also I think u might want to change the required game because it came with EP1... I should know... its one of my favorite objects from that EP

Yes it came with uni thanks for pointing out i tagged the wrong one.

Mark Twain
Test Subject
#6 Old 28th Apr 2006 at 3:38 AM
cool, thanx

Jenius.
Test Subject
#7 Old 28th Apr 2006 at 2:42 PM
I feel like a complete n00b. The file downloaded fine, but doesn't work in-game; it's not allowing me any action functions. Is this a self-working object, or do I need a patch for uni? Love what it could do, though!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 28th Apr 2006 at 7:22 PM Last edited by smithycpl : 28th Apr 2006 at 7:41 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Demon001
I feel like a complete n00b. The file downloaded fine, but doesn't work in-game; it's not allowing me any action functions. Is this a self-working object, or do I need a patch for uni? Love what it could do, though!!

Don't worry your not a noob. but you will need the university expansion to have it work correctly with the animations.
Do you have unif or any of the other expansions?
The original counterfeiting machine is an aspiration reward and came with the University expansion. If you don't got that expansion then it has no animations.
I also found that the OFB expansion changed code in many objects to make them sellable in shops, so it is possible that you will need them both.
I have all the expansions and it works well in my game but i cannot know what it does without them.

This is why we put new animated items in testing, to see if it works for the most players, to fix the bugs and to have feedback to make the objects better.

Since this object looks like a succes, i am planning to make another one that only need the original sims 2, my idea was to use a pile of cash i downloaded a while ago, and use some animations and a pie menu where you can choose the amount of money.
Basicaly the same outcome but without the fancy animations from this one.

Note for everyone: Feedback wanted!

Can you guys give me some feedback for this object, like does it work correctly, has anyone have it worked without one of the exansions?
And then offcourse what it does without one or all expansions?
Like can you place it in your house? Does the pie menu come up when you select the object?
Maybe i can work my way around the animations so that it works for the original also but without animations, after all the purpose is to add money without the effort of typing kaching or motherlode.

Cheers!

Mark Twain
Test Subject
#9 Old 29th Apr 2006 at 3:47 AM
Smithycpl, much thanx for the quick reply. I am running Univ. expansion w/ several mods within (InSIMenator (UV) v2.3 SIM Edition, InTeenimater_Final13g_EP, among others) along w/ (to my knowledge) the latest patch. I have even downloaded a file which allows me to buy every aspiration and reward object in the game straight out. Perhaps this is the problem? I'm not sure since I never used the counterfeiting machine by itself. There isn't any indication for access to pie menus whenever the cursor is over it. I'll try again to see what can be done. Can't wait to see the finished product!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 29th Apr 2006 at 10:13 AM
Smithycpl, much thanx for the quick reply. I am running Univ. expansion w/ several mods within (InSIMenator (UV) v2.3 SIM Edition, InTeenimater_Final13g_EP, among others) along w/ (to my knowledge) the latest patch. I have even downloaded a file which allows me to buy every aspiration and reward object in the game straight out. Perhaps this is the problem? I'm not sure since I never used the counterfeiting machine by itself. There isn't any indication for access to pie menus whenever the cursor is over it. I'll try again to see what can be done. Can't wait to see the finished product!!

Thanks, for the feedback Demon001, this is realy helpfull for me.
After checking the behavs again, there are a few that determine if this object can be sold or not in OFB. I'm gonna try to let them out of the object,
to see if it still works then.
I shall try also to see if it still works when i use the insimenator, but i'm shure that will not be the problem.

I have even downloaded a file which allows me to buy every aspiration and reward object in the game straight out. Perhaps this is the problem? I'm not sure since I never used the counterfeiting machine by itself.

I made my object a stand alone object from a clone
Your suggestion here is to my oppinion also a possibility that could create a problem here, gonna check that out also.
Is that the cheat that you have to put into the catalogue folder?

I never used the countergfeitingmachine also after getting busted the first time i try'd it, and finding out that it wil not add much money at all when used as an aspiration reward, i found it not a reward at all you can have more money with 2 moneytrees then with 1 counterfeitingmachine.

After pointing this problem out im gonna add OFB again on the requirements for this object for now.
As i want this object to work for every version except for the original, i'm guessing what my todo list for this weekend will be.
I sure wished these days that maxis planted an option in the game, to trigger an expansion on and off again!

Check back soon for an update!

Mark Twain
Test Subject
#11 Old 29th Apr 2006 at 4:13 PM Last edited by Demon001 : 29th Apr 2006 at 5:07 PM.
I also noted that this file does not allow the original counterfeiter to work w/ just the Univ. expansion. Once I removed it, the original worked just fine. I kept the file which gave me access to the aspiration and reward objects, so that shouldn't pose a problem if ppl have it in their Downloads folder.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 29th Apr 2006 at 10:08 PM
I also noted that this file does not allow the original counterfeiter to work w/ just the Univ. expansion.

Hi Demon001,
Thanks again for pointing that out,
I checked all the codes and must say they are needed forthe object to work under OFB, i'm truly sorry but at this moment, i can't get it to work without OFB, im still in a learning-fase for those new behavs, but they communicate within the game-engine and with other objects to check their price, if it is sellable or not what is the sellingprice, is it on a communitylot, etc. etc. so all the stuff needed to make it work in a store.

Testing results: i checked with a friend who has 5 different computers always great for checking
It works fine if you got OFB-alone, reason: OFB contains the new behavs that where used.
It didn't work under the original, uni or nightlife: reason no OFB-behav codes
Under the original, i even got kicked back to desktop, but then all the above worked if i installed OFB on them, so this object really needs OFB.
Other expansions are not realy needed, coz later versions also have the code for objects from previous versions.
I should note that when you have uni or nightlife without ofb, the object shows in the catalogue like you said, you can even buy it, but there it is then a useless piece of crap for the price of 5750§ its funny but not the purpose of this object, it sure gives what i stated above when playing it with OFB.
I only wished some downloader would concur that here, but most of the time they don't come back when an object works.

I realy feel bad coz i can't get it done, and i still have that feeling it must be something i overlooked. It is an object that came first with UNI, i try'd to make a cloned version from the uni-expansion, so when i switched my code only over to the object from the uni version you should think that it would work, but noo not in a maxis game!!! Tomorow im gonna check al the checklists that are used in this object maybe i get it done there.
If not i know i promised you before i would make one from a pile of cash that only uses the original code, okay it is not a fancy machine that has the same mean laughs from your sims when he is printing. If you want i have a working Wallhanging ATM cashmachine, but the animations aren't yet done exept for one i took from the phonekiosk, your sim actualy puts his card into the slot, now im looking for a standing animation that have him look like he is typing his amount then a pie menu comes up that asks for the amount like a real atm: 20, 50, 70, 100, 150, 250 and 500 in my country that is.

Yes i am planning in building the first working SimCity Bank in the game with all the objects customized, animated and some created by me) but don't tell anyone yet
The bad thing will be "OFB only" coz houses made in ofb are differently coded then the houses from previous versions.

Once I removed it, the original worked just fine. I kept the file which gave me access to the aspiration and reward objects, so that shouldn't pose a problem if ppl have it in their Downloads folder.

When you want to uninstall an object just get it out of your downloadsfolder and its gone.
When modders say an object overwrites behaviours from original or other objects it does not actualy overwrites anything in the files, but only in the variables from that object in the game-engine and they should also be back to normal after deleting the file.

Pffiouw, that was the longest reply ever by me...
That deserves a
Cheers!

Mark Twain
Test Subject
#13 Old 29th Apr 2006 at 10:55 PM
Wow!! That is quite a post!! Thanx for all your input. Believe me, you should see all the weird mods I have in my setup right now. CD's that act as drains and intercom receivers scattered throughout, controllers, etc etc. Animations, while very cool, aren't always the thing that catches my eye. If you would be able to duplicate what this machine does w/ the pile of cash, I'm all for it. The ATM sounds good, too. Overall, it sounds like you're leaps and bounds beyond me w/ game modifications. Best of luck in your future projects, smithycpl!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 30th Apr 2006 at 7:49 PM Last edited by smithycpl : 1st May 2006 at 8:17 PM.
For all to read:
I did some more testing and changed the first post for this object to make clear what is needed and what it does. (check it out first)

I am also proud to say that im finished with a new object that has basicaly the same function (add cash to your budget).
I know there are many cheats out there to choose from to add money, but i try to make my objects with a purpose that is somewhat logical.
So i used for my object a simple neat pile of cash, where your sims can take their money from. It can be placed on a surface or on the floor.
This version is availlable here for testing, but it works allready under the original sims2 and with all the expansions. I guess it would be safe to say that it won't need much testing.

Cheers!

Mark Twain
Field Researcher
#15 Old 15th Jun 2006 at 10:48 PM
Lovely! I always love money cheats. LOL! Too bad it is not real. HEHEHEHE.
Instructor
#16 Old 24th Jul 2006 at 1:01 AM
Funny. I have the opposite problem. I keep trying to make it easier for sims to get busted, and someone finds a way to make an object that prevents them from ever having that problem!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 24th Jul 2006 at 1:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CormorantEnt
Funny. I have the opposite problem. I keep trying to make it easier for sims to get busted, and someone finds a way to make an object that prevents them from ever having that problem!

LoL that is funny, but i have to admitt the busting was easely taken out!
I wish you much success on getting them busted

Mark Twain
Instructor
#18 Old 25th Jul 2006 at 2:04 AM
What I've discovered is that it is possible, with the right mods, to report a fight. But that means you have to have the one you want hauled away get in a fight.

I was hoping more for something that lets the cops come on foot, no car, and bust them arbitrarily. The closest I've found is the DMA set, where you can have one sim rat another out. (Or frame them for something over the phone.)

But the DMA set is odd. Rather than a normal cop, you get an ambulance cop or SWAT car. Also strange: The DMA set only seems to work on my University lots.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 25th Jul 2006 at 7:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CormorantEnt
What I've discovered is that it is possible, with the right mods, to report a fight. But that means you have to have the one you want hauled away get in a fight.

I was hoping more for something that lets the cops come on foot, no car, and bust them arbitrarily. The closest I've found is the DMA set, where you can have one sim rat another out. (Or frame them for something over the phone.)

But the DMA set is odd. Rather than a normal cop, you get an ambulance cop or SWAT car. Also strange: The DMA set only seems to work on my University lots.

That is strange but very interesting!
Maybe it has to do that the counterfeiter was shipped with uni.
They could have changed something for the counterfeiter that makes it possible to use the DMA set on uni lots!
That's only a wild guess but it seems logical somewhat.

I never fooled around much with it but i guess it must also be possible to trigger this with the counterfeiter.
Lets say you clone a counterfeiter, make it buyable and replace the mesh with something like the alarm, or something that you can hang to a wall.
Instead of a sim having to use it, you can trigger the bustingsequence for a action a sim does.
Since maxis randomized the chances a sim get busted it is probably good to leave that in place.
Let's say you want sims to be busted when they prank on your lot, you can trigger it so that the busting sequence gets started whenever sims prank on the lot.
That way there is a slight chance a sim gets busted for that action.
You can add more actions that can trigger it to raise the chances that sims do get busted for something.
I dunno myself exactely what lines you have to add and change in the bhav, but i know it can work this way.
I hope it helps you a little!

Mark Twain
Instructor
#20 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 4:26 PM
That is a smart idea. But I'm not a good hacker in regards to the BHAV files, so I guess I'll use what I have until a brave enough hacker is willing to try this. I once requested a mod that would allow teens to get busted 100% of the time every time the snuck off, and the request was largely forgotten.
Test Subject
#21 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 10:25 AM
Default how do i
where do i put the counterfeting mod for it to work help plz
Forum Resident
#22 Old 5th Oct 2006 at 10:09 PM
Thanks!, most useful - it seemed to me that every time my Sims used the original one something weird happened, either they got busted! or the house caught fire? on a regular basis. {Downloads} Thanks for sharing!...

To all, of the very talented MTS-2 creative types - my sincere thanks for taking the time to create/upload/share...
Field Researcher
#23 Old 2nd Oct 2007 at 8:07 PM
No more cops great.

More Power !!!
Scholar
#24 Old 4th Nov 2007 at 12:21 AM
Cool Idea! No Cops! ThankYou! :D

Hello, I'm Tiya Marie :)
I Hope You Dance!
Test Subject
#25 Old 12th Feb 2009 at 1:15 PM
Default fantastic!