Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Lauren Bacall

by iloverobalot Posted 24th Apr 2006 at 6:04 PM

21 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 20 Feedback Posts
Field Researcher
#2 Old 25th Apr 2006 at 1:31 PM
nice work I love Miss B

Facts are meaningless they can be used to prove anything
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 25th Apr 2006 at 2:04 PM
Wow! Excellent job. She also faintly resembles Katherine Hepburn--you should consider simming her as well. Thanks!

can you feel it//it's good for you

find my creations here
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 25th Apr 2006 at 2:13 PM
She is absolutely beautiful. I'm so glad that you decided to Sim her because she is one of my favorite actresses. You got the smoldering eyes down perfect. Maybe you should try doing Bette Davis. Keep up the great work!

Damien
Test Subject
#5 Old 25th Apr 2006 at 3:14 PM
Very nice work, her face is just perfect. A tiny comment, not that it's really a huge problem, but Lauren Bacall was a brunette. That's why the title of the movie "Gentlemen prefer Blondes" was so ironic. Still, a click in CAS and she'll be brunette. Great job.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 25th Apr 2006 at 3:21 PM
My god, I love this sim. You did so well! The only criticisms I have, isn't really with the sim itself (facial structure and what not).
I think that possibly, if you used a different custom skin, she'll look a little less plastic. It looks perfect in thumbnail, but the skin just seems a little too shiny when you bring the picture up..
Other than that, the only thing that really strikes me is the fact that you don't have an angled shot of her face. I think if you had an angled shot, the people who caused this sim to be 4 star instead of 5 would see the likeness more, since your pictures of the actress are mostly angled; kind of conflicting views without one.
Anyway, lovely sim! Keep up the awesome work!

Sims 2 - the new improved training program for dictators.
----------------------------------------------------
The Sims 2 only works on my family's laptop, so if my recolours' colours/textures look weird to you, that might be why.
Scholar
#7 Old 25th Apr 2006 at 3:42 PM
The only thing I see wrong with this Sim is she should be 5 stars, not 4!!! What an excellent job! I love how you got the eyes so perfectly! I can't wait to get my game fixed up and get her into one of my towns. The skin you chose is good, it is just that the lighting of the photo is too strong--I have the same issue photographing my own Sims. It should look just fine in game under the different lighting conditions.

She is beautiful. I didn't know Lauren was a brunette, either. In the photos she looks dark blonde. I am going to put the new Open for Business hair on her--the one that looks sort of Marilyn Monroe-ish.

How exciting! Thank you so much for posting this Sim. I also love the mouth. Wow, you did a great job. I wish I could have seen how you did this.

What if one little pop could open a world of wonder
So sensory, so satisfying. It's the magic Friskies makes happen every day in so many ways
Friskies, feed the senses. Cat sez eff that, gimme cheezburgers.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 25th Apr 2006 at 6:30 PM
She's a spitting image of Miss Bachole! She's one of my favorite actresses! Thanks so much for making her!

I can only please one person. Todays not your day. Tomorrows not looking good either.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 25th Apr 2006 at 6:42 PM
The mouth and eyes are incredible! Very very good!! I would only scoot her face up just a tad to shorten her forehead. She is soo gorgeous...in sim as in real life!

I...will never be a memory.
Test Subject
#10 Old 25th Apr 2006 at 7:31 PM
Wow! Awesome job! I saw "Lauren Bacall" on the front page.. and I was skeptical if someone could get her just right. I get very picky with my favorite actresses and somewhat critical as well. But you did a magnificent job on her. I would have chosen a different hairstyle, and as someone pointed out, she was a brunette. But you captured her features beautifully and I am impressed. Thank you. Downloading her now.

Peace!

La Ilaha Ilallah!
~~~~~

(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 25th Apr 2006 at 9:23 PM
Lauren Bacall is one of my very favorite actresses. Thank you so much for doing such a beautiful job simming her. You are very talented!

"I feel better than a nice tub of good things"- Freakazoid!

Click here to play the most infectious online game ever. You'll never be the same. . . .
Scholar
#12 Old 26th Apr 2006 at 12:27 AM
She looks smashing in smulan's 3 Dresses, Every day - the black lace one!

Imagine a world without hypothetical situations
Field Researcher
#13 Old 26th Apr 2006 at 5:27 AM
Great job! I think she's spot on, thank you she's beautiful.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 26th Apr 2006 at 7:09 AM
very gud but the nose is a bit upper but good work
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 26th Apr 2006 at 11:11 AM
I think she looks like more Sharon Stone. Really Sexy. Meet Basic Instinct.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 26th Apr 2006 at 9:35 PM
I think she's beautiful! Looks just like her...even those smoldering eyes. This should definitely be five stars.

(And a little P.S. I love your icon. Andrew Wyeth is amazing.)
Forum Resident
#17 Old 26th Apr 2006 at 9:46 PM
Excellent likeness. Well done. ...I'd say more, but I'm ... umm... not gonna. Cuz I have no brain right now. But good job!

Always,
Emma
Scholar
#18 Old 27th Apr 2006 at 6:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DJMala83
I think she looks like more Sharon Stone. Really Sexy. Meet Basic Instinct.

Okay, you thought my Annie Lennox looks like Molly Ringwald, and okay, I guess I can go along with that. But where do you get Sharon Stone from when you see this sim? Other than the fact Sharon and this Sim both have blonde hair, there isn't anything they have in common. Please be specific in your comments so you can help out the people you are making these remarks to. I would have loved to make my Annie look more like Annie and less like Molly but you didn't tell me what I needed to fix. Judging from some of your other posts to other celebrity simmers, I'm beginning to suspect you just go around finding other celebrities with a vaguely similar type or coloring and say the Sims look like those other celebrities just to make a joke of it. I can take a joke as well as the next person, but on a forum like this, the artists are held to a very high standard and have to show a lot of respect to our downloaders. Your comments and ratings are therefore very important and speaking for myself, I know I take the comments seriously and base my efforts at improvement on them. So this is not the place for people to get their jollies doing hit and run critiques.

If I am wrong in my suspicion I truly apologize. However I feel I had to speak out for this Sim and its creator. This artist has posted a couple of celebrities now and has demonstrated amazing emerging talent, but has gotten some really harsh comments that I think were unrealistically critical. I know the bar has been raised but people seem to forget we're working with very finicky tools and we can't just take a real person and magically turn it into an exact replica in pixel form. It is lovely when it happens but it is rare and even the best of the best can't do it all of the time.

This Sim is an example of tremendous study, effort and careful execution and deserves some respect. No hit and run comments, please. If we Celeb Sim creators are expected to step up our game and show our respect to our audience by putting forth our best effort, I would hope as a courtesy that the people judging our work would do the same and put some real thought and effort into their judgement and remarks, and heck, actually download some of the content they are critiquing, at least some of the time.

What if one little pop could open a world of wonder
So sensory, so satisfying. It's the magic Friskies makes happen every day in so many ways
Friskies, feed the senses. Cat sez eff that, gimme cheezburgers.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 2nd May 2006 at 12:33 AM
she looks amazing, thanks for sharing

Paint it Black...
Field Researcher
#20 Old 19th May 2006 at 7:44 PM
Aw! Now I can try to make her marry a millionair
thank you!
Scholar
#21 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 3:59 AM
Wonderful work! Thanks 4 sharing!

Please check me out at Sims Crossing Please do not upload any of my lots,clothing, or other creations to other sites!
Test Subject
#22 Old 19th Feb 2009 at 4:19 AM Last edited by hollywoodlola : 17th Mar 2009 at 8:37 PM.
Thank you SO MUCH!
Now I have Bogie & Baby in my game!Thank you!

"Say anything about me, 'dahling', as long as it isn't boring" - Tallulah Bankhead