Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

OFB Mesh "Long Layer" for All Ages

by DJ_Mur3 Posted 6th Apr 2006 at 4:21 AM - Updated 14th May 2006 at 4:07 PM by DJ_Mur3

59 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 57 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 6th Apr 2006 at 4:33 AM
another one greatly done, keep up the good work, look forward to seeing more on a side note the brown hair color one i downloaded from simsconnection never worked right, and there appeared to be a hole in the hair, but i assumed that was why maxis left it out so they could revise and add later, so hopefully you fixed that when revising the animations and such.

9 words......... "My Life Is Over Now Yours Can Go On"
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 6th Apr 2006 at 4:38 AM
Oooh, wonderful. I knew someone would pick up on that mesh and fix the assignments. Can't wait to give it a try. *closes eyes and crosses fingers, wishing for a fixed OfB curly male mesh too* I'm loving your all ages conversions... so good to see. Keep up the good work!

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Apr 2006 at 4:38 AM
lol!!! that was my next project!!
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 6th Apr 2006 at 4:43 AM
Thank you I have the one from Sims Connection also I don't know why they left this one out of the game. I did notice also at the Sims Connection they released one for males and its a curly one hidden within the game. Thanks for sharing this and all the other ones.
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 6th Apr 2006 at 5:06 AM
oops!! i put the wrong teen mesh! please redownload it..its fixed now
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 6th Apr 2006 at 5:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DJ_Mur3
oops!! i put the wrong teen mesh! please redownload it..its fixed now

Excellent, I was just about to report the problem

"Do you not think it a matter worthy of Lamentation that, while there are so many worlds, we have not yet conquered one?" - Alexander the Great
Instructor
#8 Old 6th Apr 2006 at 5:19 AM
hi dave!
thanks, i love it!
Ill definatley be using this version

DONT ASK ME FOR A REQUEST ^-^
New Policy,applies to all my meshes ^-^
Im not meshing/Simming now,details in my Policy thing
Test Subject
#9 Old 6th Apr 2006 at 5:46 AM
I wasn't fond of the animations either. I was waiting for someone to fix it. Thanks.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 6th Apr 2006 at 5:50 AM
thanx so much, this is probably the best hair that Maxis has ever made in my opinion and I was dumbfounded as to why they didn't include it, then I saw the animations, and was like "Oh." So thanx so much for fixing this one for us.

Also, the curly hair for guys has a really weird animation, so I am really looking forward to a "fixed" version of that one too, I'd be very grateful. Good Luck on that one!

~ Syn

DO NOT RE-UPLOAD MY WORK TO THE EXCHANGE OR ANYWHERE ELSE. Please be courteous.

Many of my latest uploads are located HERE. Go check it out for some much more improved work.
Test Subject
#11 Old 6th Apr 2006 at 5:51 AM
Thank you for fixing the animations! I really like this hair, and now it's useable.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 6th Apr 2006 at 6:27 AM
yeah that hidden curly hair for males, wld be nice if it were fixed and made for all ages male and female, but thats bs's the point, i was also goin to report the problem with the teen mesh, so glad you found the problem yourself and fixed. also did you know the child version is not long like the others? its kinda short and looked like the broken teen mesh did in the mirror, kinda hard to explain, but i took SS's to show you, lemme figure out how to upload and show you. if you look in the zoomed out one of the teens hair and look in the mirror you see what im talkin abt, lol think thats funny. so anyways goin to download the fixed one, and thanks again for the great hair
Screenshots
Instructor
Original Poster
#13 Old 6th Apr 2006 at 6:33 AM
what the heck? it looks like.. the childrens mesh is conflicting with the other mesh i made recently.. the mid wave mature hair. I don't know why it would do that! hm... I guess I should take this hair down and work on it some more. about the teen mesh. did you download the edited one? i posted it up a little while ago

i dont understand why i keep having trouble with childresn meshes.. its always the childresn meshes that mess up.

I'll check the teen mesh.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 6th Apr 2006 at 6:40 AM
Great job! Thanx!
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 6th Apr 2006 at 6:42 AM
that was before i got the fixed version you jst uploaded DJ_mur3 i basically posted those teen ones to show you the mirror thing and the similarity to the childrens mesh. i havent checked to see if the new uploaded one is the same yet. i will do that now and brb to let you know.

Instructor
Original Poster
#16 Old 6th Apr 2006 at 6:46 AM
oh..there is no similarity the teen mesh has misassigned vertices, and the childrens mesh is conflicting with the other mesh I made. The only option I have for that is to completely redo the childs mesh and have to reattatch the mesh to each individual file. Or.. you could just choose which one you like better. this or the other one. lol.. ill work on this some soon. I'll try to update this mesh as soon as possible.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 6th Apr 2006 at 6:47 AM
thats like askin me if i like my right arm or left arm better... ; ;

Instructor
Original Poster
#18 Old 6th Apr 2006 at 6:57 AM
sorry y'all.. i have no clue whats wrong if its messed up in your game. it looks fine in mine..
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 6th Apr 2006 at 7:05 AM
Beautiful! What a boon for all of us who don't have OFB. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 6th Apr 2006 at 7:18 AM
ok good news, and bad news :sorry: good news is the mesh works fine for all ages now, except the kid.. and good news on another note is the mesh you think its conflicting with for the kids, still works just fine, its just this mesh not working for kids. so i will keep them both in game until you can get around to seeing how to fix it since this is a great mesh and so is the other, and the other works just fine. and this one is soo adorable on the toddlers hehe. i can live without it for my little girls a bit longer, i made it this long, lol. thanks for making it, despite that problem its still a great mesh! and i love it. attaching pics of this mesh, and the one of the other mesh you think its conflicting with to show its still fine, and only this one has a few minor details conflicting with it.
Screenshots

Test Subject
#21 Old 6th Apr 2006 at 12:32 PM
yay! The Sims Connection mesh had extremely jumpy animation and would usually cut through the left temple. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 6th Apr 2006 at 12:54 PM
I've been waiting for this since it came out! Thank you, you made my day

"It's not true that life is one damn thing after another; it is one damn thing over and over"
Field Researcher
#23 Old 6th Apr 2006 at 1:05 PM
It looks good but I had the child problem too!

For me it was the mid wave one that looked odd. Anyways, hopefully you'll figure out some way for them both to work soon. In the mean time, i'm deleting both of them from my computer to avoid confusion.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 6th Apr 2006 at 3:39 PM
ooh this is good!!!!! nice work, i would love to be able to do hair meshes and clothing and stuff, but oh well.... lol

You've got everybody listening, you've got everybody putting on a show. You've got everybody acting crazy, I'm not gonna say you don't..
Field Researcher
#25 Old 6th Apr 2006 at 4:03 PM
I fell in love with this hair, but true the animations were a little jumpy, I wonder why maxis didn't take time to fix it, it's so pretty! Thank you for this!

"Gag me with a reticulated spline!! You're not my cup of tea!" - The Nightlife Prima Guide
Page 1 of 3