Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted - OFB Closer Family Patch

by Vagrant Posted 27th Mar 2006 at 10:14 PM - Updated 23rd Mar 2007 at 5:18 AM by Vagrant : Update

107 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 103 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 5
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 27th Mar 2006 at 10:19 PM
i will try it out and let you know if i find any bugs
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 27th Mar 2006 at 11:49 PM
Thanks again, Vagrant. I had disabled the original version after installing OFB and was about to try it again assuming it would also (as with Nightlife) work with OFB.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 28th Mar 2006 at 2:37 AM
I have the old one installed and it works fine with the expansion pack, what was the bug in ofb?
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 28th Mar 2006 at 2:53 AM
Oh thank you for releasing this one. I know I missed the other one, shall test it and let you know. Thanks
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 28th Mar 2006 at 3:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sim2Kid405
I have the old one installed and it works fine with the expansion pack, what was the bug in ofb?

I think it was because they changed how one or two of the checks are named. When I tested the old patch it didn't want to work. Now this might have been because of a few outdated mods, but felt that since I had gone through the trouble I'd go ahead and update things. Additionally a few other people had voiced that the old patch doesn't work with OFB.
Test Subject
#7 Old 28th Mar 2006 at 5:10 AM
Default Thank you
Thanks! I was hoping this would finally be updated! Keep up the good work
Test Subject
#8 Old 28th Mar 2006 at 7:20 AM
Does this still have the same odd side effect as the old one? (Namely causing sims to greet EVERYONE, even total strangers, with a smooch? And then get a memory of kissing them?)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 28th Mar 2006 at 8:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Thaliasama
Does this still have the same odd side effect as the old one? (Namely causing sims to greet EVERYONE, even total strangers, with a smooch? And then get a memory of kissing them?)

Yeah, since I really don't understand simantics too well I can't fix it. I would need to change the family kiss interaction to require a slightly better relationship score in order for it to become limited to people they just vaguely know. Now this would also make it so that there aren't any more bad relations because of it, but changing anything without knowing what exactly all the strings do would only break the interaction again. Personally I find the autonomous family kiss to be the annoying part (also not sure how to fix). If it bothers you that much, just don't install the optional patch, or remove those portions of it for family kiss. It was made as an optional bit for a reason.
Test Subject
#10 Old 28th Mar 2006 at 9:00 AM
Default It's iincompatible with "WooHooTeens_6f_OFB"
It's iincompatible with "WooHooTeens_6f_OFB" by Jenflower from http://www.insimenator.net/index.php can you do something about this.
Its a good mod if you can make it compatible it will be great.
Tks
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 28th Mar 2006 at 1:13 PM
Why isn't this in adults only?

When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on. --Eleanor Roosevelt
Test Subject
#12 Old 28th Mar 2006 at 3:19 PM
Thnak i'll take it for a test spin
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 28th Mar 2006 at 9:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cjanefly764
Why isn't this in adults only?

Why would it be? Forgive me if I'm wrong, but there are alot more bizarre and risque downloads in the general area that have been there alot longer. This mod doesn't promote nudity, homosexuality, S&M, explicit sexuality, crossdressing, violence, or anything similar. I'm not sure if you've noticed but most every download in the adult section has atleast some nudity or sex content. Putting this there would only require that everyone browsing for it would have to sort through all of the adult content (that they don't want) just to find something that a small percentage of people find offensive. And if you don't think some horny 14 year old knows how to state that they're over 18, you're only kidding yourself.

Sorry, if you want to do that, then I demand that you place any other remotely objectable content in the adult section as well. And I'm sure that the makers of those mods/skins would also be as insulted as I am. Just because the only thing people can think of doing with this is having genetic family marry eachother and spawn off dozens of kids that marry eachother, only to spawn off dozens more is not my problem. It is theirs.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 28th Mar 2006 at 9:40 PM Last edited by cjanefly764 : 28th Mar 2006 at 9:46 PM.
It promotes incest which is just as baaaaad or worse than all the rest you speak of but fine then. I think this point was argued the last time it came out and that person lost too. Incest, like rape, affects a person for life. It is a crime and I don't think anyone should take it lightly. All I got to say.

When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on. --Eleanor Roosevelt
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 28th Mar 2006 at 10:37 PM
Point well made cjanefly764 . I agree 100% as I am sure a LOT of people do but are a little intimidated by Vagrant's strong presence as he is obviously okay with his mod which allows incest.

Bravo
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 28th Mar 2006 at 11:37 PM
This will be great for my redneck family!! thanks!
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 29th Mar 2006 at 12:12 AM
Good Lord! Do you people (the ppl complaining) ever bother to read the download details at the top of the page? It clearly states that he/she doesn't care to hear your rants and raves on ethics. You should respect the creators wishes just as if he/she were a person requesting that you not upload certain meshes to the exchange....gheez.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 29th Mar 2006 at 1:45 AM
Well said, Goldyn Chyld. This is a mod thread, not an ethics one.

Thank you Vagrant. This will work wonders. I have two adopted children, so their not related. I thought they would make a cute couple, but the game wouldn't allow it. Kudos.

check out my Simblr. Mostly object recolors.
Instructor
#19 Old 29th Mar 2006 at 2:07 AM
Don't take any notice Vagrant,you can't please everyone.Keep up the good work.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 29th Mar 2006 at 4:01 AM
It promotes incest which is just as baaaaad or worse than all the rest you speak of but fine then. I think this point was argued the last time it came out and that person lost too. Incest, like rape, affects a person for life. It is a crime and I don't think anyone should take it lightly. All I got to say.

I agree, it is a bad thing. Hell, I had a hard enough time deciding the first time if I should even upload it. I understand all the ethical and genetic implications. The point that you don't get is that this is a game. Just because I think this is a needed hack for the game doesn't mean that I even slightly agree with the shameless bastards who enact this sort of thing in reality. However, if you had bothered to do any reading you would know full well how much incest was going on up until recently. I'm not talking simply about redneck families, but royalty and most small communities up until the turn of the century had atleast some imbreeding going on. Hell, there are eras where whole families often shared the same bed. The first version of this patch was made after someone had requested it for a story based neighborhood. It is only because people have voiced decent and moral reasons that I have even bothered to support this mod this long.

You clearly disagree with people forcing a set of beliefs on others, yet you are doing exactly the same thing under the banner of "morality". Your Morality to be specific. My strong stance on this is not because I'm defending what some believe this promotes, but because you are telling people what they can and cannot have. It is this sort of thing which leads good and decent books to be banned for silly reasons (google it sometime).

Long story short, if you don't agree with it, DON'T DOWNLOAD IT!! So enough of the moral debate, it doesn't solve anything. If you want to go on about the evils of this mod, save everyone who really doesn't care the trouble of reading it and just blog it.
Test Subject
#21 Old 29th Mar 2006 at 4:19 AM

This is a mod that allows incest it does not say it is an incest creator, and thereby does not "promote" it, it simply makes it possible for the few sick people that are out there to use it for such a purpose.

With your logic life is "baaaaad" because it allows for incest to exist and by allowing it, it is promoting it.

What kind of twisted logic is that? Oh My Goddess!! It's the same logic that you used in the beginning of your rant against this mod. I can completely see the poing in a mod like this that allows to adopted siblings to have relations, this sort of thing happens all the time in real life and there is nothing wrong with that.

Sorry, but no I will not do ZIPs.
RARs are universal and smaller and I'm on Dial-up. If you can't download a rar file then find out why and fix your computer.

If you have problems getting complete downloads try Mass Downloader. It saves me plenty of hassle.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 29th Mar 2006 at 12:18 PM
I agree that this is an excellent storytelling tool. Despite the example of adopted siblings pairing, I apologise if this offends anyone's sensibilities but it also allows a more true-to-life aspect to one of the real-life Sims in my game... I know incest happens in real life and it sickens me, one of my friends was subject to it, but this is just a game. I agree, Vagrant. If there are people who are going to use this mod for incest purposes just because they're sick, then that's their problem. Thank you

"Are you mad?"
"Possibly."
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#23 Old 30th Mar 2006 at 5:06 PM
Thanks for this mod, and don't let people get to you.

As already pointed out, for years and years royalty married and bred inside the family to keep the royal line/blood strong and not dilute it. While I'm not promoting incest nor would I wish it to happen to anyone, the author clearly stated he isn't interested in the ethical opinions and he is not promoting incest either.

If you don't like the download, close the browser page.
Test Subject
#24 Old 1st Apr 2006 at 11:28 AM

:iws:

It's a game--keep your personal ethics to yourself in the real world... All I got to say.
Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 3rd Apr 2006 at 12:59 AM
In many cultures (outside US), marrying your cousins are not considered incest.
It's legal in their relegion and their law.

Malaysian's Malays are one of the example of cultures that allows marriage between cousins and below. It is not encouraged, but it is legal here.

Therefore this hack is perfect for my multicultural families.
And it's good for adopted sims too!
Page 1 of 5