Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Minoan Walls and Floors

by BlueBerry11 Posted 13th Mar 2006 at 10:59 AM - Updated 13th Mar 2006 at 11:00 AM by BlueBerry11 : pics

4 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 3 Feedback Posts
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 13th Mar 2006 at 3:23 PM Last edited by BlueBerry11 : 13th Mar 2006 at 3:33 PM.
Default More Pics
Here are some closer shots of these walls. Because of the brightness of them (and yes it is fairly authentic if you consider the original state of the frescos at Knossos, etc) I thought it might be difficult to see ANYTHING but the color.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 13th Mar 2006 at 7:37 PM
Pretty amazing! Thank you, Blueberry!

A couple more for breakfast
A little more for tea
Just to take the edge off.
Just to take the edge off.
Test Subject
#4 Old 13th Mar 2006 at 11:13 PM
Love your stuff!! Especially your latest. How about some Persian or Assyrian stuff? Mabye something in stone? I love those Images of winged bulls and such! I don't think I have seen anything in stone from you before, but if you could that would be great!

Thanks again!

BD
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Mar 2006 at 6:34 AM Last edited by BlueBerry11 : 14th Mar 2006 at 6:54 AM.
Thank you for the comments .

Sabs: Good to see you. Don't worry, you haven't seen the end of Victorian walls just yet

BHD: I'll look into some Assyrian stuff. I don't know much about it to be honest (except for the uses of Sandstone, War Scenes, Chimerical animals and Lions as protection symbols.) Stone (as I'm sure you know) is very tricky. I also feel that others have done more justice to classical friezes, etc. than I ever could. My attempt was to infuse some color into classical walls and floors (after all, originally they were much more colorful than most of the modders would have you believe ) Some people like that, I prefer color and lots of it! But it's all a matter of taste. I will give it one good (and probably more) college try. If I can't make them look very good, I can PM you some links to excellent classical-looking stone walls. There are plenty about. ~ BB

"Either this wallpaper goes or I do." ~ Oscar Wilde on his deathbed