Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Jewish Kippah/kippot

by Ravynlee Posted 23rd Jan 2006 at 4:20 AM

60 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 55 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Instructor
#2 Old 24th Jan 2006 at 3:42 AM
COOL
Thank you! :D

"S"
V^^^^V

" Enjoy LIFE, 'cause DEATH is just around the CORONER ! ©"
Test Subject
#3 Old 24th Jan 2006 at 3:49 AM
It looks really good and thank you for sharing it.
Test Subject
#4 Old 24th Jan 2006 at 5:11 AM
Todah! Excellent
Test Subject
#5 Old 24th Jan 2006 at 5:21 AM
Outstanding! Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 24th Jan 2006 at 6:07 AM
mazel tove on the good job. One question, what is the link for "Kalicokat's site".
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 24th Jan 2006 at 6:11 AM
Ya know, I was just thinking, beacuse my sims are always Jewish (because they women is usually me) but I was wondering if anyone could make a tannakah, or i would truly appreciate a mazzuzah (I hate transliteration, as if my english spelling isn't bad enough).
Test Subject
#8 Old 24th Jan 2006 at 6:22 AM
awesome job ^___^ on question, is that a qu'ran on the desk? :p
Test Subject
#9 Old 24th Jan 2006 at 6:31 AM
Any idea where we can get Jewish/Hebrew objects, not just skins? Like a Menorah - not the Chanukah one, the 7 branch one, sabbath items, challah, wine cups, candles, etc...? That would be so awesome!
Test Subject
#10 Old 24th Jan 2006 at 8:28 AM
Default Nice!
LOL,
Thank you ,Great Idea!!! its excellent !!!!!

Good Job,

S1N

I Will Be Very Grateful If You Click Here And Help Me Gain Points.
Test Subject
#11 Old 24th Jan 2006 at 9:43 AM
Very Grateful! Thanks
Instructor
#12 Old 24th Jan 2006 at 10:20 AM
hi
this was quite a surprise to see my skins featured like that - thanks !

I would be more than glad to make more items (skins) if you want them

And congrats on the kippot, Rav :salute:

When all Courage is necessary, all Hope is justified!

To know something about me read: this interview
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 24th Jan 2006 at 11:03 AM
Thanks guys - I feel very humbled you like it. :D

Tastsukogarasu - that is. I originally found it after Maree464's recolours of babybooks, using a Bienchen's mesh found at this site; http://www.bienchens-sims2world.de.vu/
As for the actual recolour I have been looking but can't seem to find it. When I go back into my game I'll find out the file name using BoolProp and let you know.

Pandawheel - I have been looking. The closest thing I've come to another 'Menorah' (non-chanukkah) is at http://simfantasy.free.fr/Sims2/sims2.htm
It's a 6-tiered christmas candle decoration actually but it's the first thing I thought when I saw it. *wink* Other than that do as was suggested above, try searching the forums here using keywords such as 'Jewish', 'Muslim', 'Arabic' and so forth. That's how I have most of my current content - a LOT of searching! Good luck!

Ding318K - Kalicokat has been the creator of a few Jewish themed paintings/recolours and is starting her site up again with her husband I think (don't quote me on that). They are always expanding so if you keep checking back I'm sure you'll find more stuff of a Jewish nature (as they intend) at a later date.

Alexasrosa - *bows* If it weren't for your skins I'd have never attempted it. You're incredible at what you do... and I'm sorry if I didn't notify you about this, I don't quite know the protocol well enough. But of course I'd be more than thrilled to see more of your creations - I even have both sites above bookmarked and check back regularly! So, thankYOU! :D

And to everyone else - thanks! :cheers:
Test Subject
#14 Old 24th Jan 2006 at 5:40 PM
:insane: WOW..just simply...WOW!

I was beginning to get a little down in the dumps in my search for Jewish-themed things for Sims 2...that is until now! I thank you so much for taking the time to put this up for us. You've really brightened up my day. Todah!
Test Subject
#15 Old 24th Jan 2006 at 6:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ravynlee
Thanks guys - I feel very humbled you like it. :D

Tastsukogarasu - that is. I originally found it after Maree464's recolours of babybooks, using a Bienchen's mesh found at this site; http://www.bienchens-sims2world.de.vu/
As for the actual recolour I have been looking but can't seem to find it. When I go back into my game I'll find out the file name using BoolProp and let you know.

hahah im teasing you my friend hahah it look like the quran i recolerd a while back, i removerd it form MTS2 cus you can place the book on the ground, thats a bad thing btw its disrespectfull, so i removied it till i can found out how to make it so you can only place it on a table :sorry: haha im happy some people are able to enjoy it :P
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 24th Jan 2006 at 8:02 PM
TODAH RABA!!!

I really should make a jewish family now
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 24th Jan 2006 at 9:14 PM
Todah rabah! You've done a beautiful job.

A couple more for breakfast
A little more for tea
Just to take the edge off.
Just to take the edge off.
Test Subject
#18 Old 24th Jan 2006 at 10:04 PM
That's amazing! Really-really!!!~

it's looks exctaly like my bro's kippah =D
Love it, thank you!

BAM!<3
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 24th Jan 2006 at 11:19 PM
Love it.
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#20 Old 25th Jan 2006 at 12:52 AM
Yay, thank you, Rav! It looks great! And thanks for all the links too! :D
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 25th Jan 2006 at 2:00 AM
I now the lovely artist who created the carpet of the english and the islamic alphabet said s/he was going to work on the the aleph bet. G-d help I can not recall the creators name but if you search i am sure you can find it. It is a floor covering
Field Researcher
#22 Old 25th Jan 2006 at 2:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ding318K
Ya know, I was just thinking, beacuse my sims are always Jewish (because they women is usually me) but I was wondering if anyone could make a tannakah, or i would truly appreciate a mazzuzah (I hate transliteration, as if my english spelling isn't bad enough).

Your spelling is fine!

And thank you so much ravynlee for making this... now if I could just find some shomer tzunuis clothing, I'd be in business! :laugh:

If you think you're a d/l whore,that must make me the madam... Don't forget, it's cash upfront or out on your a** you go!

If I've made a download you like, use the "Thank You" button!
Test Subject
#23 Old 25th Jan 2006 at 4:19 AM
MAzel Tov! OUTSTANDING! if u created a kippagh i thought u would kno some hewbrew! idk much but still outstanding!wah lah! 5 stars!happy simming!
TODAH! and shalom!

A good friend will bail you out of jail. But a true friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "Boy,did we f*** up!"
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 25th Jan 2006 at 6:34 AM
Nope, I'm not Jewish at all.

It was a direct result of wanting some formal wear for my Alpha-sim Rob
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=105589
created by Barcelonista
I know he's Jewish in RL but aside from having a Menorah in his house and having a few paintings on the walls there was nothing else to give him an 'identity,' especially for formal occasions. Plus, knowing that Rabbi's are revered so greatly in Jewish tradition (research) that I needed something for my resident Rabbi to wear to go with the skins that Alexasrosa created.
Plus... Rob's offspring needed a kippah for their formal wear too *smirk* for when Rob finally wedded his long time GF. Pity we don't as yet have the items for a real Chupah *sigh* But I did use the altar along with Alexasrosa's Fat_Rabbi skins and tatsukogarasu's qu'ran... so it's a start!

Glad you all like it! Makes me think I should look into doing something else :salute:

-Rav
Test Subject
#25 Old 25th Jan 2006 at 4:09 PM
I love it! I've been searching for Jewish items for months now. One of my buddies here saw this object and pointed it out to me. This is quite lovely! Thanks for adding to the cultural diversity of the game.

"A psychotic is a guy who's just found out what's going on."
William S. Burroughs
Page 1 of 3