Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Maxis "Lost & Found" #14: "Vacation" recolour for Maxis painting

by Numenor Posted 18th Jan 2006 at 9:02 PM

34 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 32 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#2 Old 18th Jan 2006 at 9:08 PM
excessive cost? lol thanks babe

For all of my creations and more free downloads please visit Exnem Sims
Grand Re-Opening NOW!!!
Come join our Banner Contest Today!!
Inventor
#3 Old 18th Jan 2006 at 9:10 PM
Your work is always very much appreciated

Thank you very much, Numenor! :D

Visit my site: www.simkot.com
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 18th Jan 2006 at 9:44 PM
I love all of your stuff, Numenor!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 18th Jan 2006 at 10:04 PM
Ooh, I actually really like it! It's great!

www.butterflysims2.cjb.net for some great downloads for your sims world!
www.sims2realtors.com for houses!
~*~*I LOVE Figure Skating*~*~
Field Researcher
#6 Old 18th Jan 2006 at 10:20 PM
1500 dollars?
Yup, that's about how much I spent for the whole Sims1 series.
Ill get this for the nice memories.
Thankyou.
Test Subject
#7 Old 18th Jan 2006 at 10:51 PM
wow... i saw a pic on the internet [what isnt there these days] n there was a pic that includes a painting of sims vacation! how intriging!
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#8 Old 18th Jan 2006 at 11:17 PM
Good job Numenor! I don't think it's to expensive! (Mainly because some of my houses are worth over 1,000,000 I can always, use the motherlode cheat!) And I wonder, if there are so many things hidden into the game, who knows how much stuff was left out that wasn't in the game files? Anyways, great job, and looking forward to more lost objects!
Forum Resident
#9 Old 19th Jan 2006 at 3:06 AM
Wow, I wonder how many more objects are hidden in the game files. I know there were several objects in the early screenshots that we never got in the game, so I wonder if those are there somewhere. Plus, there were a few hairstyles that were in screens, and in photo album pics that aren't in the game, and I'm wondering if they're just hidden. The one I really want is the hair Brandi Broke and Dina Caliente had as kids.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 19th Jan 2006 at 3:07 AM
Yeah, and I wonder how many great thing maxis left out that are'nt hidden in the game files! (Probably more than we will ever imagine!)
Mad Poster
#11 Old 19th Jan 2006 at 4:17 AM
Nice work...
Forum Resident
#12 Old 19th Jan 2006 at 4:28 AM
I can't wait to see what you discover next. Thanks!

Julie =)

"I'm thinking about how if you took the W in answer, and the H in ghost, and the extra A in aardvark, and the T in listen, you could keep saying WHAT but no one would ever hear you because the whole word would be silent." - 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
Field Researcher
#13 Old 19th Jan 2006 at 7:43 AM
Yeh, and Irma Oldies hair, and do you remember that zebra couch from TS1? Well that was in one of the early screens. Hmmm..... I wonder. Thanks Numenor.

Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 19th Jan 2006 at 9:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ShortyBoo
Wow, I wonder how many more objects are hidden in the game files. I know there were several objects in the early screenshots that we never got in the game, so I wonder if those are there somewhere. Plus, there were a few hairstyles that were in screens, and in photo album pics that aren't in the game, and I'm wondering if they're just hidden. The one I really want is the hair Brandi Broke and Dina Caliente had as kids.

Yeah, wonder why maxis didnt put those hairstyles in the game? They're great. I quite like the hair that Beau Broke has when he grows into a child too.
It would be so cool if someone could find them :nod: (It wont be me though, i have no idea how to make custom content or anything like that)
Fluffy
retired moderator
#15 Old 19th Jan 2006 at 10:29 AM
hehe, it's like maxis organized a big easter egg hunt, leaving all this stuff hidden
where will the trail go? nobody knows
Scholar
#16 Old 19th Jan 2006 at 9:39 PM
I think you should be a spy for the CIA, you're so good at 'finding' hidden things. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 19th Jan 2006 at 10:33 PM
The ONE ep that I did not have in the Original series!!Arrrggggg!!! (LOL!).
Thank you, do you read minds' to?!?
Field Researcher
#18 Old 20th Jan 2006 at 12:44 AM
Hmmm.... Perhaps Numenor is employed by Maxis to "find" these easter eggs for us. Hmmmmm..... I wonder.....

Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up.
Forum Resident
#19 Old 20th Jan 2006 at 2:48 AM
I doubt Maxis wanted us to find any of the locked files. I'm sure they had their reasons for locking them (they might not be good reasons) but I can't figure out why they would leave them in the game files, unless they forgot to take them out.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#20 Old 20th Jan 2006 at 9:32 AM
This one, in particular, seems nothing more than a joke, or a "cameo"; other "hidden" objects are not actually hidden, but are rather objects created for the Create-a-sim screen (paintings, lamps and so on). And then there are objects, like the Numica 2x2 table that were discontinued and no one ever though of removing them from the package files, (which leads me to think that Maxis is not concerned at all about us modder finding them...).

Probably the only objects that Maxis didn't want us to find or use are the "hacked" test objects: but for the only reason that they can actually damage your game.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#21 Old 20th Jan 2006 at 7:21 PM
Its really amazing what Maxis has left for us to find. Good job.

Please don't PM me with questions. Post them in the appropriate thread.
Scholar
#22 Old 28th Jan 2006 at 12:36 AM
Ha ha, I remember that game :0
Test Subject
#23 Old 6th Feb 2006 at 2:34 AM
amy 55555
Yeah, wonder why maxis didnt put those hairstyles in the game? They're great. I quite like the hair that Beau Broke has when he grows into a child too.
It would be so cool if someone could find them (It wont be me though, i have no idea how to make custom content or anything like that)

That hair is hiden in create a sim if you didn't know that. A true hair mesh that maxis didn't include is that hair of the mom in that New Generation movie for the sims 2.

Why Doesn't maxis get an Artist Aspiration in the sims 2 for the PC like in the PS2, Gamecube, X-box, and Handheld games.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#24 Old 6th Feb 2006 at 12:41 PM
Waukeshatony, can you please post a screenshot showing Beau's hair? "My" Beau Broke has raised and died long ago, and I don't remembember how he looked as a child...

As for the *female* hair styles, I've checked all the meshes in the game, and I couldn't find any that are missing from the CAS catalog; so, the hair shown in Maxis screenshots may have been stripped away.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#25 Old 6th Apr 2006 at 3:54 PM
u are incredible. this is perfect. i loved it. thank you so much for everything and objects congratulations
Page 1 of 2