Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Monique's Relationship (STR) Decay Hack << UPDATED: 10/20/2006 <<

by monique Posted 4th Nov 2005 at 7:01 AM - Updated 20th Oct 2006 at 10:12 AM by monique

47 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 43 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 4th Nov 2005 at 8:07 AM
more close to real life! thank you!

Choose life.Choose a job.Choose a career.Choose a family, Choose a f**king big tele, Choose washing machines, cars, cd players.Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisure wear and matching luggage.Choose DIY and wondering who you are on a Sunday morning.Choose your future. Choose life
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 4th Nov 2005 at 9:06 AM Last edited by michaelchan21 : 4th Nov 2005 at 12:37 PM. Reason: wrong question
Monique, I'm using some of the hacks you created and I think they're just brilliant. Regarding this Relationship Decay, I downloaded a pink flamingo, from livin-it-up.com long long time ago, which also serves this purpose, and it works perfectly. I usually put around 10 on the lot and the relationship with other sims will go all the way up as time goes on. You can also veiw or kick it like the ordinary one. I guess your RD hack works somewhat like the one I'm talking about.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Nov 2005 at 10:10 AM Last edited by monique : 4th Nov 2005 at 10:34 AM.
Yea, I know that pink flamingo but that object will not allow my relationship to decay. I want my relationship to decay but not everyday just like what the person said who requested this. That pink flamingo will keep adding point to all sims that you have met even if you dont like to have a relationship with them. I have a hacked computer that can take care of that relationship of a selected sims that I want to be friends with. Now I want it to decay but not everyday.

This hack is compatible with that flamingo. It will only change the behaviour of "everyday" decay based on STR points. You can have them both without problem.

Pls. see my journal for my hacks compatibility. Thanks.
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#5 Old 4th Nov 2005 at 12:35 PM
I like this hack.. It helps to stay close longer

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 4th Nov 2005 at 12:35 PM
Thanks for the answer, Monique.
Instructor
#7 Old 4th Nov 2005 at 1:37 PM
Actually the LIU flamingo causes relationship decay to slow down to one point per day (I think Simlogical has it now,) not stop completely, but this is much more sophisticated (and handier for Sims who don't like flamingos! LOL!) Neat!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 4th Nov 2005 at 2:14 PM
AmberDiceless,
It's true if you will place one flamingo on your lot but what if you placed ten flamigoes on you lot just like michaelchan21 said? Everyday you will have +8 in STR. And I think it will stop completely if you use two flamingoes.

Mad Poster
#9 Old 4th Nov 2005 at 6:51 PM
Thanks Monique! This sounds just right. When I requested I wasn't bothered about the exact values, I just wanted it to be more realistic than it was. I have really good friends that I hardly see anymore since moving to university but I haven't suddenly started liking them less!

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 5th Nov 2005 at 1:12 AM
I'm going to download this, too, just because I don't want flamingos all over my houses. One is okay, but past that it's just tacky.

Good work... and so quick, too. You rock!

Children:
Future step-son Jake (7yrs)
Sage (7m)
??? (Due April 15th, 2006)
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 5th Nov 2005 at 6:36 AM
It only occupies one space if you use the "moveobjects - on" cheat.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 5th Nov 2005 at 11:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by michaelchan21
It only occupies one space if you use the "moveobjects - on" cheat.

Hmm... that's not a bad idea, but I think I like this anyway. I may use that idea for some of my other hacked flamingoes, though.

Children:
Future step-son Jake (7yrs)
Sage (7m)
??? (Due April 15th, 2006)
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 7th Nov 2005 at 10:14 PM
This is a great hack. I've always hated relationships decaying so quickly just because you don't see that sim everyday. In my real life, I haven't seen my best friend in about 4 years, and we're as close now as we ever have been, and we only get to talk once a month if that (international charges SUCK). THANK YOU!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 10th Nov 2005 at 12:39 AM Last edited by Thraxwhirl : 10th Nov 2005 at 1:20 AM.
Hang on. You're saying that STR drops by 2 points at ONE given point in each day, yes? 2 points dropped at 4pm, and at no other point in the day do these STR's decrease?

Then something's not right there, because I DL'd Merola's Time Control Clock, and with its speed set to 20%, I could literally watch the STR's of my sims dropping about 1 point every two or three minutes!

Now, I AM aware that the Clock was made prior to Nightlife, and this leads me to wonder if the coding to determine Relationship Decay has perhaps been altered for NL.

Can we be absolutely SURE that NL only incurs ONE moment of Relationship drop(by 2 points) every day?

When all's said and done, I'd welcome a Hack that just removed Relationship Decay altogether, and if need be, I'd even pay money for it.
Test Subject
#15 Old 11th Nov 2005 at 2:44 AM
Hi Monique, i think the hack affects the pregnancy a little bit. The third stage of pregnancy does not show up anymore after installing this hack (the last stage where the sims tummy is at its biggest). The baby still arrives on time though. Everything went back to normal after removing the hack.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 19th Nov 2005 at 8:42 PM
Pregnancy? No, it's nothing to do with it. I tested (pregnancy) and it's working fine here.

Lab Assistant
#17 Old 22nd Nov 2005 at 4:47 PM
where do we download this hack to? downloads?
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 23rd Nov 2005 at 11:04 PM
you know the love i have thanks thank you thank you thank you.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 11th Dec 2005 at 4:47 AM
This is a good one. Friends almost forever!
#20 Old 12th Jan 2006 at 4:11 AM
you always do good stuff.... now if only i had one to stop ageing and stop them getting hungry or needing to go to the bathroom!
Test Subject
#21 Old 15th Jan 2006 at 11:21 AM
Thanks, this is great. Does this apply for university too since there are no days? :D
Test Subject
#22 Old 18th Feb 2006 at 8:27 AM
it is malfunctioning in my setup (might be, as suggested, a conflict with merola's time control mirror), and i'm just mentioning it because i think there might be a solution looming up:

it is keeping my relationships constant, but on wednesdays, when it's supposed to reduce them by two points, it reduces them basically for the almost the whole week's value - so relationships drop from 100 to 88.

and if i remeber well, they got counted down, as Thraxwhirl described. it always stopped at 88 (if it was at 100 initially), though.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 18th Feb 2006 at 2:59 PM
Sorry I'm not using Merola's time control clock. How about testing it without a time control clock...

Test Subject
#24 Old 2nd Mar 2006 at 9:19 PM
Great hack monique. Curious to know if it works for OFB still?
Test Subject
#25 Old 9th Mar 2006 at 6:37 AM
I'll be the guinea pig for that, but unless they've rehashed the entire relation thing with OFB, I imagine it should be compatible. Seeing that my family I'm playing as is nearing the time that decay should occur for heavy duty relationships, I'll take that chance. I'll say it now, though, I wish I'd paid more attention and spotted this... it bugs me how fast you can lose friends, and how annoying those 4:00 phone calls are when it's from 5-6 people!
Page 1 of 2