Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Superhero Cape for Child-Adult

by generalzoi Posted 2nd Nov 2005 at 7:22 AM - Updated 3rd Oct 2008 at 10:38 PM by generalzoi

43 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 39 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 2nd Nov 2005 at 7:24 AM
Default THnaks
thats so great i can now use the cape with body meshs thanks so much
Field Researcher
#3 Old 2nd Nov 2005 at 8:26 AM
Oh wow, thank you so much, especially for making it available to both genders! I've so been wanting the male vampire outfit for my female sims, and at least now, with this, I can give them the cape. Plus it might look nice on my fantasy sims sometime. :D
Test Subject
#4 Old 2nd Nov 2005 at 9:34 AM
Thank you, this is really useful. Now all the superheroes in my neighbourhood can get there much needed capes.

Thanks again!

From the ashes...
Victory!
Test Subject
#5 Old 2nd Nov 2005 at 10:38 AM
What a creative solution to a problem I've seen mentioned like, a hundred times. I can use this myself. I have no clue how to mesh, but I love to recolor things. WHEE! Don't worry though, I don't share.. I'm not good enough.

PEACE

Erinyei
Alchemist
#6 Old 2nd Nov 2005 at 11:42 AM
Very nice! Finally kids can have cape also. Oh... red one could be nice too. You know, for those little superboys. :D
Forum Resident
#7 Old 2nd Nov 2005 at 1:16 PM
First of All, THANK YOU SO MUCH! (Yes, that's shouting)

I have been waiting for this since Sims 2 was released. You have just opened the doors on countless characters for me to make now.

I had just begun to look into making something like this, but, I felt completely and utterly overwhelmed when I started trying to follow a tutorial. From that little experience, I now have so much respect for people like you, Funnyycats, and countless others who work tirelessly to share things like this with our community. You all are amazing. Like I've said before, I'll stick to making the costumes, and leave the heavy lifting to you guys. Y'all truly ROCK!

Again, thank you so much for this. You've made my day! Too bad I have to go to bed now, after a long night of work. I can't wait to get to play with this. You are amazing!

~ Syn
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 2nd Nov 2005 at 2:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Erinyei
What a creative solution to a problem I've seen mentioned like, a hundred times. I can use this myself. I have no clue how to mesh, but I love to recolor things. WHEE! Don't worry though, I don't share.. I'm not good enough.

PEACE

Erinyei

No, totally recolor it and post it here. That's what I made it for. Even if someone just wants to put out a lot of basic colors, like the red varpunen wants. I could do that myself, and I just might if no one else does, I'm just concentrating on the meshes right now. But this is for everyone: Recolor away!!
Instructor
#9 Old 2nd Nov 2005 at 2:13 PM
That's great!
I wonder if you can make them longer...
But it's really nice work! :clap:
Forum Resident
#10 Old 2nd Nov 2005 at 2:13 PM
OMG thankyou! I had made a superman costume for Halloween (altho it's too late lol) I <333 it!

Onyx Sims is now open!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 2nd Nov 2005 at 2:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tipoual
That's great!
I wonder if you can make them longer...
But it's really nice work! :clap:

I had originally planned for them to be longer, but then I either had to get them to follow the motion of the legs, which looked weird and isn't how a cape would behave in real life at all, or just let the legs cut through the cape whenever the sim moved. So I tried to compromise by taking off a little of the bottom. But I'm still pretty new to this meshing (this is my seond mesh) so maybe someday I'll figure it out.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 2nd Nov 2005 at 5:57 PM
OMG ! O.O ! I've been waiting for this for a long-long time ! Thanks so much ! Yay ! From now on, my fantasy sims will have capes ! ^__^ *going hyper from to much sugar*

.: Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising everytime we fall :.
– Confucious
Instructor
#13 Old 2nd Nov 2005 at 6:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SynapticSim
First of All, THANK YOU SO MUCH! (Yes, that's shouting)

I have been waiting for this since Sims 2 was released. You have just opened the doors on countless characters for me to make now.

I had just begun to look into making something like this, but, I felt completely and utterly overwhelmed when I started trying to follow a tutorial. From that little experience, I now have so much respect for people like you, Funnyycats, and countless others who work tirelessly to share things like this with our community. You all are amazing. Like I've said before, I'll stick to making the costumes, and leave the heavy lifting to you guys. Y'all truly ROCK!

Again, thank you so much for this. You've made my day! Too bad I have to go to bed now, after a long night of work. I can't wait to get to play with this. You are amazing!

~ Syn

U took all the words right out of my mouth!!! LOL

Sims 2 *Mo' addictive than a Peanut Butter and Crack Sandwich*
Test Subject
#14 Old 2nd Nov 2005 at 9:15 PM
looking good..but cold u come out with a shorter version of it :nod: .I was also wondeing......could i recolor it for personal use only?

have you ever wondered what to say when u have nothing to say?? just give it a SQUAK!
Forum Resident
#15 Old 2nd Nov 2005 at 10:39 PM
Thanks! This will actually go great in my medieval neighborhood! I was wanting a cape as an accessory

Visit my web site:Fanciful Sims
Royal Kingdom Challenge:
http://tinyurl.com/b4ajz
Live your medieval dream
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 2nd Nov 2005 at 11:01 PM
Default Awesome!!!!
great work we are on one kings crown away from the sims2 almost having all the clothes we need..hehe
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 2nd Nov 2005 at 11:50 PM
HELL YES robin and raven here I come!

:hugs you to death
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 3rd Nov 2005 at 12:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mrmadbird
looking good..but cold u come out with a shorter version of it :nod: .I was also wondeing......could i recolor it for personal use only?

Shorter version, sure. That would actually be really easy. And YES, recolor as much as you want, even if you don't upload it.

I love it. One parrot avatar asked for a longer cape and the other parrot avatar asked for a shorter one.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 3rd Nov 2005 at 1:01 AM
Awsome, Awsome!!!! I Love It Thank You (hugs) This Website Is Filled With Wonderful People Like You. Can"t Wait For More!!!
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 3rd Nov 2005 at 9:23 AM
This is great
Thank you so much for the cape... AND the bat ears! :clap: Batman just wasn't complete without it. Looking forward to your future projects.
Test Subject
#21 Old 18th Nov 2005 at 1:59 PM
Ou thank you so much!!
Test Subject
#22 Old 27th Nov 2005 at 7:29 AM
I love these.. I have people in my game just waiting for these.... When I get some recolors, I'll let you know.

(around an 8 month old, and actually PLAYING the game, may be a bit, tho..)
Test Subject
#23 Old 18th Dec 2005 at 5:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by generalzoi
Shorter version, sure. That would actually be really easy. And YES, recolor as much as you want, even if you don't upload it.

I love it. One parrot avatar asked for a longer cape and the other parrot avatar asked for a shorter one.

I love the capes, I've been looking for that!
But they will not work in the game
Test Subject
#24 Old 4th Feb 2006 at 10:33 AM
How can I download .rar
Forum Resident
#25 Old 4th Feb 2006 at 10:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Waliter world
How can I download .rar

Tutorial - Downloading .rar files

~ Syn
Page 1 of 2