Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Numenorean Hibernation Cell (Aspiration reward OR Buyable) - *UPD 08 NOV 2006*

by Numenor Posted 31st Oct 2005 at 12:03 AM - Updated 17th Nov 2008 at 12:14 PM by -Maylin-

475 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 458 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 20
Test Subject
#126 Old 2nd Nov 2005 at 6:53 PM
Can you adopt it so it has subconcous programing which means your stats on skills can slowly go up?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#127 Old 2nd Nov 2005 at 9:03 PM
No, SkullAngel, the Hibernator isn't intended as an hacked object; I know that life suspension still isn't a reality, but subconscious programming is really sci-fi
What you ask can be done, though, but as a separate object...

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#128 Old 3rd Nov 2005 at 12:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ts1&2fanatic
I tested it with a natural preg. and came up with these results:
It will work with a natural pregnency. When the sim enters a different trimester they will exit the cell and their belly will grow as usual. After you can see results of the pregnency(1st trimester) they will go into the cell with the gym outfit without an enlarged belly, but the glitch to this is that you can not see any difference in trimesters after they enter the cell. Birth will continue as normal.

First, Numenor THANKS! I had my sim enter on the 3rd trimester and she entered the hibernation cell naked and still showing.
Lab Assistant
#129 Old 3rd Nov 2005 at 12:48 AM
You Rock! This is so awesome! Thank for that. Great idea
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#130 Old 3rd Nov 2005 at 1:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by oreogreeneyez
First, Numenor THANKS! I had my sim enter on the 3rd trimester and she entered the hibernation cell naked and still showing.

Well, seems that each woman has her own tastes...

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Mad Poster
#131 Old 3rd Nov 2005 at 4:05 AM Last edited by niol : 3rd Nov 2005 at 4:28 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Rayea
Can sims sleep on a diagonal, you know, feet near the floor, head towards the celing like \ this symbol? [...]
i bet its not, but hey, if the bunks can be made to work with top bedding (the grand trianon ones anyway lol) maybe its possible?

Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
The main problem, in my opinion, are the animations, especially the ones related to sims (not objects): a "diagonal" sleeping animation would be quite difficult to do, with the currently existing tecniques; it's impossible for me, in any case.
The bunk beds, for example, use the original Maxis animations.
I'm sorry, but what you ask can't be done

Quote: Originally posted by wintermuteai1
Actually it IS theoretically possible. if i were to do it i'd change the resource node in the correct places adjusting the angle, etc. see pic

Yes, but this would create (I'm not sure...) a weird effect: the sim will move as if the bed is horizontal, and then, at the end of the animation, he will "snap" into a diagonal position. Or not?

Quote: Originally posted by wintermuteai1
well, my thoughts were to edit the gmdc/mesh make the bed sit upright (vertical) then change the angles/quaternation as needed
and i was thinking your great object here, and or a coffin would be easiest as there is less to mess with in the resource node

Quote: Originally posted by Fat D
Winter: numenor is right, the animation for getting in is only moved when the position relative to the ground id not changed

That's what I've understood so far...
But maybe the ANIMs aren't still fully decoded: I find very odd that in an object all the mesh parts are bound and linked together in the CRES (so that rotating the root_rot will rotate the entire object), and the animations on the contrary rely on absolute positions for each joints...
So, either Winter is a step behind me, in the comprehension of the ANIMs, or he is a step ahead (which is more probable ).

I wonder if wintermuteai1suggested that the sims can enter the Hibernation Cell horizontally and then the cell and the sims will rotate to the wanted inclination. Before the sims exists, the cell has to rotate back to the horizon.

But the static definition of the sleeping animation may cause a problem? If so, can the sleeping animation be disected/divided/separated into pieces when it's a series of animations itself, so the undesired pieces can be skipped)? Any other animation can replace the non-working one(s) or even the sleeping animation? It may be fun to watch a sims awaken living in a Hibernation Cell like a prisoner! :moose: Some sorts of torture lol... Plus, the mechanic operation animation of another sims...

Thanks for making it Non-EP compatible, gonna try it in my game...

Thnks again for this amazing object...

Update:
By the way, is there any stand-sleeping animation? Gonna try to trap a sims in a single grid to see!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#132 Old 3rd Nov 2005 at 8:04 AM
I don't know if this was Winter's suggestion or not, but perhaps it can be done...
There are many things that I don't know about some functions called in the BHAVs, but when the sims enter the hibernator and finish the animation, the body mesh is "snapped into slot". This probably means that rotating & translating the root joints (root_rot and root_trans) of the bed should move the whole group base+door+sim at once.
This means to create a brand new animation, but this should be posssible with Miche's tool.

But unlike Winter's suggestion (the bed is vertical until the sim enters, then it is rotated), the only solution I can think of, is the opposite: the bed is horizontal until the sim enter (otherwise, the entering/exiting animation would be inconsistent...).

If I find the time to do this, it would be a nice addition to the hibernator.

Test Subject
#133 Old 3rd Nov 2005 at 6:10 PM
Default cool
cool object :bandit:
Test Subject
#134 Old 3rd Nov 2005 at 11:46 PM
thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much you don't know what this means to me! i'm in the middle of making a story on www.thesims2.com (it'll be on Sunday) it's perfect for it THANKS SOOO MUCH ur gr8 at this!!
Test Subject
#135 Old 4th Nov 2005 at 12:51 AM
This is an extremely cool idea, and it could certainly make for some pretty funny story situations. Good work!
Lab Assistant
#136 Old 5th Nov 2005 at 10:41 PM
Ah! This is awsome! ^_^ Makes me want to do a futuristic neighborhood...*plots* Thank you so much for your hard work and for putting this up for us to download ^.^.

I don't really think the child sitting in Nightlife is much of a glitch though, after all - hibernating can be a nausiating business, especially when reanimating ^_^ I kinda like it.

Ratt
Test Subject
#137 Old 5th Nov 2005 at 11:04 PM
Hello numerno, (sorry if i spelled your name wrong). I would like to ask if you can make a tanning bed? because we are making an un-official expansion pack, i'll wait until they aprove me, or i'll just e-mail them the object.http://rockintheroad.50webs.com/items.htm

I'm sorry if i'm copywriting, but you can TRY to e-mail them the object as anaumanus. I can ask them if you can upload the object if it's okay with you. The tanning bed can increase fun, comfort, and energy. THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCED!

CODE LYOKO!!!!!!!!!
Test Subject
#138 Old 6th Nov 2005 at 1:57 AM
Oo Thankyou i was looking for something like this
Test Subject
#139 Old 6th Nov 2005 at 4:20 AM
Can U make a zip link for me?

[SIZE=7][COLOR=RoyalBlue]I LOVE THE NEW IPOD! www.apple.com [/COLOR] [/SIZE] It's my baby.
Field Researcher
#140 Old 9th Nov 2005 at 3:53 AM
this is so amazing! I can't wait to see what you do next.
Test Subject
#141 Old 9th Nov 2005 at 9:35 PM
What a wonderfull idea! I downloaded it. Perfect for my legacy families :-)
Inventor
#142 Old 10th Nov 2005 at 4:20 AM
Awesome! This really is a great idea and I'm glad you thought of it, my friend :D

I never knew you had this. I need to remember to browse your downloads more often!

:D
Thanks!
xts

(Quote) ~ "If it isn't one thing, it's going to be another. It is usually one thing. Oh man, is it a mother" (The Mother of All Things) - PB
Lab Assistant
#143 Old 11th Nov 2005 at 10:55 PM
Just Brilliant!
Test Subject
#144 Old 14th Nov 2005 at 2:31 PM
Oh my gosh. That's great! x____x

How wonderful life is
Now you're in the world
<3
Test Subject
#145 Old 16th Nov 2005 at 11:07 PM
God. O.O
You are a genius. =)
Test Subject
#146 Old 17th Nov 2005 at 9:46 AM
......wow......i won't donload it because....i have no need for it lol but i will give you a thanks, because i know that is is a really good acheivment
Test Subject
#147 Old 17th Nov 2005 at 5:58 PM
Test Subject
#148 Old 17th Nov 2005 at 8:09 PM
Can you make a zip file for me? Please. Is there some kind of converter from rar to zip, and if there is can someone give me a link?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#149 Old 18th Nov 2005 at 12:51 AM
www.rarlab.com or www.7-zip.org

Test Subject
#150 Old 18th Nov 2005 at 10:04 PM
It doesn't work. Can you just provide a zip file please? I really apreciate and love this object. But I can't use it.
Page 6 of 20