Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Oct 2022 at 4:34 AM Last edited by Airazor65 : 11th Oct 2022 at 4:31 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default The Game Does Not Want To Load The Family Bin...
I click the icon, and it just... loads.... and loads... and loads. I'm talking about the button that opens the family bin tab in the neighborhood, by the way. I click it, and it just.... doesn't go. It's buffers and acts like everything is fine, but it isn't, because if it does somehow do something other than load infinitely, it will eventually crash, 3/5 times. Not fun. I've had this problem before, but I can't remember how I managed to overcome it. Any ideas?

Note: I just switched from Mr. DJ's Ultimate Collection to the "official" one today. It took a while, but everything seems alright. Except... this. Which I experienced in my previous iteration of the game, as I mentioned. Fun.

Edit: Surprise! It was hood corruption.
Thanks to Peni Griffin for the help!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 8th Oct 2022 at 5:22 AM
Are any sims in the bin wearing custom content? Do any of them have objects in inventory?

If the former, back up the game and take out all your CAS CC (if you don't have them grouped in folders yet, this would be a good time to do it). If you've got a weirdly glitched item of CAS CC, the bin should load, and then you only have to 50/50 the CAS downloads. Once you have figured out the culprit, you can remove it, restore your backup, and only the sim(s) using it will have to deal with whatever it's randomly replaced with.

If the latter, you'll have to poke around under the memory tab in SimPE for the relevant sims and see if you can find anything weird. I understand that objects with ownership tags, such as beds and cars, cause problems, though I'm not sure I've ever heard details in the matter.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)