Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jan 2024 at 4:31 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default odd terrain
Took this pic from an occupied lot; the lot across the street doesn't match the slope of the road?? Or what is that BLUE?
Attached Images

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 23rd Jan 2024 at 4:56 PM
Could you perhaps post a clearer/ larger image? That one is tiny!
Is the lot you are playing an apartment lot?
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 23rd Jan 2024 at 6:16 PM
What does it look like from the neighborhood view, and when you are in that other lot? From those other views, is the road straight and aligned with the lot? Or does it still slope down there, but the lot terrain slopes down to match it? It's hard to say exactly what's going on without that knowledge, but I can think of a couple possible solutions worth trying:

1. Move the problematic lot out of the way, use the modifyneighborhoodterrain on cheat to make that part of the road level with the rest, and then place the lot back where it was.

2. Use the Lot Adjuster to make the lot edges conform to the slope of the neighborhood terrain. That might not be possible with the way objects are currently set up near the edge of the lot, though (is that turquoise bit in the top left a pool?) so unless you're okay changing/removing that stuff, this might not be a viable option, in which case you'd want to go with option 1.

Again, it's hard to determine what the issue actually is without more information. It shouldn't be possible for the lot to have a level terrain elevation while the road and neighborhood terrain directly beneath it does not, so either something funky is going on with the lot elevation, or this is an odd visual bug with the lot impostor that does not accurately reflect the actual state of the terrain.

(And to answer your question about the blue void, yes, that's the skybox, which is visible when you're seeing through a gap in the ground geometry like this.)
Instructor
#4 Old 23rd Jan 2024 at 7:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Took this pic from an occupied lot; the lot across the street doesn't match the slope of the road?? Or what is that BLUE?

I THINK that can happen when you take holes that Sims dig to find treasure with moveobjects, it might not be that it doesn't match the slope. I was messing with moveobjects once and grabbed one accidentally, and apparently, undo doesn't work to get rid of that and you have to leave without saving.

Have you messed with the Lot Adjuster? I've never used it but by seeing other people's uses, it could be by that.

Cats are the cutest creatures. And the most stubborn.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Jan 2024 at 3:40 AM
To all: it's not an apartment. There was no digging. From hood you can't see the blue, just a sharp dip in the road. And I wish I could bother to learn how to post bigger pictures. I think moving the other lot and trying to smooth out that dip in the road would work

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#6 Old 24th Jan 2024 at 10:56 AM
Field Researcher
#7 Old 24th Jan 2024 at 3:43 PM
This has happened to me with non-apartment lots and without messing with digging. I agree with Acrylonitrile and HugeLunatic, changing the lot's terrain or the surrounding area in the hood might help.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 24th Jan 2024 at 8:40 PM
I've had terrain tearing, it's not uncommon if you have lots with odd elevations up or down.In this case it looks to be because of the elevation of the road. I would move the lot, use the hood cheat for terrain changing and bring that road surface up a little.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~