Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"Independent Expressions" - Expansion Set - PART I

by MaryLou Posted 18th Nov 2006 at 2:49 PM - Updated 6th Jun 2009 at 3:47 PM by MaryLou : Fixed images' url

55 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 52 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Test Subject
#26 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 12:02 PM
I absolutely love creations which expand the original Maxis objects, especially those for build mode. It makes creating a lot in a single style so much easier. I already have a series for the Lafentre windows and doors that windkeeper made, but these will add some much-needed diversity. Spectacular work, thanx!

(Original post deleted due to silly mistake on my part.)
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#27 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 12:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ZeonZumDeikun
I look forward to some recolors (dark-- hint, hint). :P

They will be able to take on all the colours from the original Maxis window of this type. I believe there is already a darker colour in that range.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#28 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 5:41 PM
Absolutely fantastic - you have satisfied the building needs of my inner pedant, lol

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Field Researcher
#29 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 7:29 PM
Great!!

I love finding new building options, and these are great. I really like the low privacy windows.. they'd be good for a basement or split level.

“How can a woman be expected to be happy with a man who insists on treating her as if she were a perfectly normal human being.” -- Oscar Wilde
Find me on: Facebook Xbox Live: Aceofblue
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#30 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 2:51 AM
Wow, what nice additional options, and brilliant texture sharing, thank you!

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#31 Old 22nd Nov 2006 at 6:59 AM
Thanks to all.
Quote: Originally posted by tmadrk
Will this apply to any other windows? I would love to see this for other windows in the game as well.

Quote: Originally posted by amythestfenix
Please do more sets like this when you have time!

When I'll have time.......
I really hate the only privacy window and I made more different types. My first idea was to share all my privacy windows together. But some are coordinated with orginal windows, so is better to share them in expansion set.
I'll share them as soon as possible.
Quote: Originally posted by Tirius
I already have a series for the Lafentre windows and doors that windkeeper made...

Lafenetre winodw is one of my favourite. I made my expansion set ofcourse. I don't share it becouse I know windkeeper made it too, even if mine are different.
Perhaps I'll share only the different items I made......
Quote: Originally posted by mizmugs
Thanks for making stuff base game compatible

I think, when it's possible, the expansion items need to be compatible with the base game ore the EP with the original is available.
Quote: Originally posted by gonkski222
Making a one-tile window that's centered over 2 tiles is just genius! I've wanted windows and door like this forever, because I'm really into symmetry. I want everything evenly spaced.

This was just my intantion.
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Very nice indeed! That must have been *loads* of work making all those mesh parts into slaves of the original too!

Thanks Inge. It seemed don't have an end.....

If you like my creations, you may consider to make a little donation to support my site and my modding activity.
MaryLou's Sims 2 World - MaryLou Sims 2 Forum (Italiano)
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 23rd Nov 2006 at 12:13 AM
I downloaded this 2 days ago and since then my game crashes when saving. I disabled your content and it worked perfectly. Not only have I lost a house that took 4 hours to make but I spent another 2 isolating this download to be the problem. Im very disappointed!! :@
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#33 Old 23rd Nov 2006 at 6:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by middlemore16
I downloaded this 2 days ago and since then my game crashes when saving. I disabled your content and it worked perfectly. Not only have I lost a house that took 4 hours to make but I spent another 2 isolating this download to be the problem. Im very disappointed!! :@

I'm sorry but I can't reproduce your problem in my games and in a base-game only installation.
I use them in more lots and different neighborhoods, and they work fine. They never had crashed my game.

If you like my creations, you may consider to make a little donation to support my site and my modding activity.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 27th Nov 2006 at 12:29 PM
They don't crash my game, and I've used them plenty, yesterday infact. Last time I had a crash from an object, it was a door from 4ESF that conflicted with a Maxis door. You probably have a similar problem.
Field Researcher
#35 Old 28th Nov 2006 at 8:57 AM
Wonderful look
MaryLou
I truly love your windows.
Thank you so much for taking the time to make them, and share them with us’`

*´)
..·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´Platinum*¨)¸;*
Test Subject
#36 Old 28th Nov 2006 at 1:32 PM
Thank you so much
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 3rd Dec 2006 at 12:53 PM
Thank you! The placement of the windows is something I've been wishing for, but wow, what a lot of work!! Thank you for sharing :D
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 7th Dec 2006 at 6:56 PM
I love these windows, even when there was just the maxis ones! But a problem I've always had with them is that no door seems to match. I hate to be greedy ( kind of ) but I was wondering if you plan to ever include matching doors?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#39 Old 10th Jan 2007 at 4:35 PM
Thanks again to all !

For everyone interested there is my "Bolhooven Maroo" expansion set

HERE

Quote: Originally posted by rook_cheshire
But a problem I've always had with them is that no door seems to match. I hate to be greedy ( kind of ) but I was wondering if you plan to ever include matching doors?

You are right.
Even if I think that the doors are not obliged to seems as the windows I'm thinking over.

Lab Assistant
#40 Old 12th Jan 2007 at 1:33 PM
These are amazing!!! Thank you!

Silk stockings, What bliss they recall,
When love promised all, Forever more . . .
Cole Porter - 1954
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 19th Feb 2007 at 4:43 AM
Thank you so much! I was always frustrated at the size of the original windows. Now I think I'll use them more when building... ^_^
Field Researcher
#42 Old 28th Apr 2007 at 8:59 PM
They are great, thank you a lot, good work.
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 11:31 AM
Just put these in my game ( I finally have a computer that can handle a ton of custom content =)) They look great and I'm trying the 3 and 4-tile-windows next. Great work (as usual), and thanks a million!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#44 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 11:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rook_cheshire
.... but I was wondering if you plan to ever include matching doors?

Ok, ok.....you have won.

"The Independent Doors Set" is already a work in progress.

Please, don't pm me yet about this......

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#45 Old 19th Aug 2007 at 3:53 PM

Update 19 Aug. 07 - Collections Files
Added the Collections files: residential and community
You'll find them in the archive IndependentExpressionsCollections.rar

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#46 Old 29th Aug 2007 at 10:26 PM
NEWS AND UPDATES

As requested, the doors and arch have been posted.

Anyone interested can download them here "Independent Expressions" - Expansion Set - DOORS and ARCH

Test Subject
#47 Old 4th Sep 2007 at 5:36 PM
Mary Lou....I love you! I love all of your creations! And when you and Numenor team up to make a creation...WOW! Purely amazing!

"If you don't think women are explosive, try dropping one!" ~ Anonymous
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 9th Sep 2007 at 7:25 AM Last edited by ChibiGamer : 9th Sep 2007 at 7:32 AM. Reason: Grammar Mistakes Oops! <Ex. Forward instead of For>
This is way more than what I was looking for and for the better! Thank You so much for not only adding something as wonderful as this but for doing it for free and sharing it with the rest of us. Thank You Thank You. *hugs*

My love for you was so deep, It nearly destroyed me.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#49 Old 6th Dec 2007 at 9:57 PM
Update 06 Dec. 07 - Update the collection files
Added to both the collections, residential and community, the new "3tiles shapes" that are placed in the middle of 4 tiles.
The update file is IndependentExpressionsCollections.rar, available in the main post

For more details see the "Independent Expressions" - Expansion Set - PART II

Instructor
#50 Old 7th Apr 2008 at 12:35 AM
:DSpectacular set! Looks like lot's
of hard work... My Sims will be
very happy to have these! Thanks
so much, Mary Lou!
*Pickles*

* Pickles *
Page 2 of 3