Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Early American "Colonial Style" Fireplaces *new mesh* UPDATED 7 Oct 2011

by CTNutmegger Posted 17th May 2006 at 2:49 PM - Updated 7th Oct 2011 at 6:00 PM by CTNutmegger : Updated Base Mesh for Compatibility with Numenor's Scriptorium

160 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 150 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 7
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#76 Old 25th May 2006 at 5:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Malaygirl93
Where I can find catalogTextIndex??Do I have to add it or change all 4??

You don't find it, that tells the object how to find it.
Don't worry about what the lines say, they make the fireplace work correctly, all you have to do is add those 7 lines to your fireplaces.txt file, found in your, "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Scripts\", folder.

:D
Forum Resident
#77 Old 25th May 2006 at 7:12 PM
Wow wow wow!!! thats greats of fireplaces!! Thank you for yours design..
Test Subject
#78 Old 27th May 2006 at 2:12 PM
WOW! These are amazing! A million times better than the horrid maxis ones!
Instructor
#79 Old 30th May 2006 at 11:06 PM
Good style, CTNutmegger,
I love all your meshes for fireplaces!
Scholar
#80 Old 30th May 2006 at 11:08 PM
Great work, the texture and mesh together are great! It looks so realistic and beautiful! Nice work. Keep up the great work. 5 stars. Thanks.
Test Subject
#81 Old 2nd Jun 2006 at 1:55 PM
Absolutely stunning. I love all of your work, keep it up!
Test Subject
#82 Old 2nd Jun 2006 at 7:11 PM
These look really great! I've always wanted fireplaces like them but I'm in a pickle! I didn't realize that by downloading it and changing the codes the Maxis made firplaces would disappear. Is there a way to get them back?

Live like there's no tomorrow! :)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#83 Old 7th Jun 2006 at 9:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by solarchickNK
These look really great! I've always wanted fireplaces like them but I'm in a pickle! I didn't realize that by downloading it and changing the codes the Maxis made firplaces would disappear. Is there a way to get them back?

I don't know what you did wrong, but the Maxis fireplaces don't disappear. The new one does not overwrite any of the others and you don't CHANGE any codes, only add to them.

If the directions included in my original post and in the zip were followed correctly there should be no problem.

Quote:
The seven lines must be pasted, exactly as written here, onto the end of the file, leaving a blank line between the last entry and this new one.

Did you make a back up of the original, "fireplaces.txt" file that you edited? If so, just use that to restore it.

CT
Lab Assistant
#84 Old 11th Jun 2006 at 2:53 PM
Those are beautiful. Reminds me of the Montecelllo.

"Clive slipped through my fingers and went to heaven."-Me
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 12th Jun 2006 at 9:05 AM
wonderful new fireplaces! Thank you
Field Researcher
#86 Old 13th Jun 2006 at 4:02 PM
Thank you very much for giving our sims such fantastic fireplaces. I absolutely can't wait to use them.
Test Subject
#87 Old 13th Jun 2006 at 7:10 PM
I love them and thank you!

Oh and where did you get those candles lying on top of the mantle? Are they from Holiday?

Fun Size. What's so fun about less candy?
Mad Poster
#88 Old 15th Jun 2006 at 2:13 PM
THANK YOU! I am SO bored with the ones in the game and I like building Colonial homes too.

Any chance that you might do some others such as Victorian, Gothic, Georgian ... or like the ones in Sims 1?

More, please.... more!
Mad Poster
#89 Old 15th Jun 2006 at 2:17 PM
Another thought ..... I would be in Colonial building heaven if you would do one of the brick large fireplaces with the bread oven, hanging pot, etc. I just built a saltbox and it would be fabulous to have a correct fireplace in the house.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#90 Old 15th Jun 2006 at 11:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NikiNova
I love them and thank you!

Oh and where did you get those candles lying on top of the mantle? Are they from Holiday?

Actually, they are decorative books from my Prairie Style Sitting Room

Thanks all, glad you like them I'll see what I can do about other styles.
Field Researcher
#91 Old 20th Jun 2006 at 8:39 AM
These fireplaces are very, very nice!!! Thanx!!!

~Natalia
Test Subject
#92 Old 23rd Jun 2006 at 10:38 PM
Default Great
Thanks for the new fireplaces. Much better than the Maxi's ones. However, The chimney cap part in my game is not designable. Have I done something wrong installing?

thanks again

lulu
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#93 Old 24th Jun 2006 at 3:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lindasant
Thanks for the new fireplaces. Much better than the Maxi's ones. However, The chimney cap part in my game is not designable. Have I done something wrong installing?

thanks again

lulu

I just tested the design tool on the one in my game, and it seems you didn't do anything wrong, I did, but I'll be darned if I can see what it is. I went over that package line by line but I must be missing something. So for now, the top cap remains as is, sorry.

I will keep searching for the reason it's doing that.

Kat :D
Lab Assistant
#94 Old 6th Jul 2006 at 11:34 AM
thanks heaps CTN! great job

If life seems to suck, do the right thing. Put it in a bin.
http://www.atfreeforum.com/waggles/ Visit my forum for chat, spam and fun! I am currently looking for moderators. PM me with your resume.
Test Subject
#95 Old 9th Jul 2006 at 12:17 AM
Can I use this fireplace to upload in a house I want to put on MTS2?

All my creations can now be found HERE.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#96 Old 10th Jul 2006 at 3:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by princ3ssali
Can I use this fireplace to upload in a house I want to put on MTS2?

Yes you can, I have no problem with that. Let me know when you upload it, I'd like to see it
Test Subject
#97 Old 25th Jul 2006 at 3:18 AM
those fireplaces are so beautiful great job.
Test Subject
#98 Old 4th Aug 2006 at 8:40 AM
wooooooow~~~ it's sooooooo coollllllllll!!!! thank u!!!!!
Test Subject
#99 Old 5th Aug 2006 at 7:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CTNutmegger
Yes you can, I have no problem with that. Let me know when you upload it, I'd like to see it

Here's the lot
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...570#post1347570
I used one fireplace in the sitting room, one in the master bedrooms sitting room. They look wonderful in the house. Thanks so much for allowing me to use them.

All my creations can now be found HERE.
Test Subject
#100 Old 17th Aug 2006 at 1:27 AM
It's Nice, thanks!
Page 4 of 7